Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This post is annoying .. I had no clue that their was an elitist in the off road community for a mass produced vehicle ... I guess you had to be born in the back of 74 Bronco on the side of a mountain to drive one. This dood sounds washed up, angry and way to concerned with how others spend their time and money ... I have helped and educated so many newbies in the Mustang community and enjoyed doing it ... as well I learned so much from those more experienced. You should try it one day it may be reciprocated when you need it most or least expected .... ?
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well not me. I had a 1987 Ford Ranger STX Longbed. The thing was a beast off road and it had none of what this New Bronco has as far as "off-road" equipment. It had a 2" factory lift kit and Ford's twin I-beam front suspension (old speak for IFS) and that's it. LOL

I also owned a Jeep Wrangler YJ for 14 years. It was a stripper, with the only option of 15" steel wheels. That's a real jeep. Thin carpet on sheet metal floors and loud as shit at any speed.

My current truck is a Hummer H3T Alpha. It's a decent off road vehicle too. But it's more of a Cadillac than an off-roader even if it can pull stumps out of the ground.

I think most members here know what they are getting into. Most are probably not old enough to remember the original Bronco. I barely do and I'm 58 years old and a (former) Ford Fanatic.

Have a great day.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My FJCruiser insurance is way more than my F150 or my wife’s Acura. Even more than a 535i I had. Guessing the Bronco will be similar.
I can almost guarantee this won’t be the case. The reason the FJ insurance is so expensive is because it is the vehicle that has the best resale value. Those were selling for $30k still with 200k miles and insurance companies know that. So if anyone gets in a crash they have to pay out more and then pair that with the fact it was only made for several years and parts aren’t cheap to pay mechanics for.
The bronco will be about the same as Jeep insurance if I had to guess. Not the cheapest but no where near the most expensive.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For all those gatekeepers out there.... remember that you had to start somewhere to get the knowledge and love of vehicles you had. I know I was a gear head from a very young age but some people don’t fall into this love until later in life and that is perfectly fine. As long as they respect the trails that they go out on, have a willingness to learn the ways and be safe, and crawl every mall to their hearts desire then no one should be picking on them for wanting a Bronco. Sure I will be the one going cross country to find trails to test my skill in the bronco as soon as I get it but many won’t ever want to get theirs dirty. WHO CARES! This is America (and sometimes Canada) we are free to do whatever we want with OUR Broncos. If someone wants to dress in a suit everyday and drive their bronco to their city desk job that’s perfectly fine. If someone wants to go hit the hardest rock crawling trail there is that’s fine too. That’s the awesome thing about being in the land of the free. If someone buys the bronco because they saw it on one of the stupid social media sites and made them think they want that lifestyle but then get it and realize they hate the ride that is ok too. Those people are the ones that over each year will allow us to get used Broncos in great shape for a decent price that we know wasn’t beat to hell.
Point is stop with this gatekeeping bull crap, it’s getting old fast. People have different reasons for buying the Bronco. Some just want an SUV they can take the top off. Some want a hard core off road vehicle so they can finally trade in their Jeep for a better vehicle (?) and some will never take the tops off or doors off and just want it because it looks good. We need to welcome all folks here as long as they are all interested in the Bronco. I’m pretty sure most people on this forum are or will become Bronco enthusiasts considering we are all waiting for the long ride ahead until we get our hands on the Bronco. We need to welcome that with open arms and stop complaining about the little stuff.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can almost guarantee this won’t be the case. The reason the FJ insurance is so expensive is because it is the vehicle that has the best resale value. Those were selling for $30k still with 200k miles and insurance companies know that. So if anyone gets in a crash they have to pay out more and then pair that with the fact it was only made for several years and parts aren’t cheap to pay mechanics for.
The bronco will be about the same as Jeep insurance if I had to guess. Not the cheapest but no where near the most expensive.
My insurance company told me that the 4-door badlands I want will run around $1500 annually. That is only $400-500 more annually than I pay on a 2010 Tacoma. I am definitely ok with this.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will probably get slammed for this post but oh well...

Reading through through posts on this site it is clear that most of the people on here are far different than the crowd on the early Bronco forums. I have had an early Bronco for more than 30 years. Two different ones... 74 and 76 model. I have participated in online forums for most of those years. The Early Bronco forum people are by far the most knowledgeable and helpful people on any forum I have been on. I have participated in the FJ cruiser, Tacoma and F150 forums as well.

This group... is way diversified...not everyone, but a large majority of posters seem to be people jumping on the Bronco bandwagon and really have no idea what they are in for. Questions about how the 4x4 works, how the soft top folds, how many cup holders, why no heated steering wheel and many more questions that are all fair questions but scream... “I really don’t have a clue what I am buying.“. Really none of us do other than the info trickling out from Ford and people sneaking around parking lots Provide to us to dissect and complain about.

my point I guess is this... I bet many people will be buying a vehicle they didn’t expect. They wanted to be part of something they thought would be a lifestyle vehicle but really don’t know what that even is. This Bronco will not ride like a luxury SUV no matter how many upgrades you add to the B&P... big tires and soft suspension just don’t make that happen. It will be much louder than thier BMW X5. The tires will roar as they wear and it will not corner like a sports car. The rear AC isn’t going to be like their Escalade and the lack of seat heaters will be uncomfortable on a cold day.

So I am betting many will show up on used lots way before everyone with a preorder even receives their Bronco. They will be traded for the Bronco Sport which will be much more civilized or some other luxury SUV.

People always wanted one of my Early Broncos until they drive it and realized it was not what they thought. The real off-road crowd will love it. The real outdoorsman will as well. Many will hang onto it just for the cool factor but a lot more will move on quickly. Just my prediction. I am going to wait until I can drive one before I buy. I guessing that will be about a month or so after they start shipping.
Ford Bronco Probably buy used before July 4th raw

J/k
As the OP on this thread... don’t get me wrong...
my hard core off-roading days are over. Broke too many things over the years and just don’t like beating up my truck any more.
I do load the fishing kayak in the back of my truck and go to some very back woods places that my truck struggles to get to. The Bronco should be able to do that easier. I am a Bronco fanboy and want one just because. ... no real reason... just because I can. That’s all well and good... my point was I think from reading what seems to be important to a lot of people on this forum they are going to be disappointed. It will be more truck like than car like... 35” tires just do not ride like a SUV. Even on my F150 they make a big difference.
also going to add that low fuel mileage and expensive insurance will shock some people. My FJCruiser insurance is way more than my F150 or my wife’s Acura. Even more than a 535i I had. Guessing the Bronco will be similar.
I think that's maybe the case with some but from what I read, a lot of us know what we are shelling 60k for. After one look at the interior, you should know this isn't a range rover. As others have stated its a lifestyle vehicle. Should let people live
Have you driven a 4 runner with 35s? I have had a Tacoma with 35s. I regretted it everyday.
Can you elaborate on your experiences with 35s?
I rented a jeep when I was in Wyoming. It wasn't on 35s. But it was my first time driving a wrangler. I loved how it drive, mostly. The steering was a little loose. But I felt like I was in something solid, high, and it made me comfortable driving the speed limit. Unlike with my sedan where its maneuverability makes me want to drive like I'm from New Jersey

In all, I loved the feel of the wrangler and it solidifiedme wanting, needing the Bronco. I wonder how 35s feel tho ?
This post is annoying .. I had no clue that their was an elitist in the off road community for a mass produced vehicle ... I guess you had to be born in the back of 74 Bronco on the side of a mountain to drive one. This dood sounds washed up, angry and way to concerned with how others spend their time and money ... I have helped and educated so many newbies in the Mustang community and enjoyed doing it ... as well I learned so much from those more experienced. You should try it one day it may be reciprocated when you need it most or least expected .... ?
I may be wrong. But I suspect OP doesn't have a reservation but lurks here anyway. And sees people asking questions... he probably rolls his eyes and thinks he deserves one day 1 over someone else who was quick to reserve back last july, who never stepped foot in the legacy Broncos

Hence the snarky and attn grabbing "buy used in July" comment

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My insurance company told me that the 4-door badlands I want will run around $1500 annually. That is only $400-500 more annually than I pay on a 2010 Tacoma. I am definitely ok with this.
That still seems kind of high. Maybe because it’s brand new and won’t be many out there at first. I would suggest to anyone that once we get the Broncos make sure to call and get quotes from other companies too. You may save yourself several hundred each year with a different company. And ask about any discounts they have (work, hobby groups, AARP, Union, etc) as my current company was able to knock off a decent amount from a club I was in.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For all those gatekeepers out there.... remember that you had to start somewhere to get the knowledge and love of vehicles you had. I know I was a gear head from a very young age but some people don’t fall into this love until later in life and that is perfectly fine. As long as they respect the trails that they go out on, have a willingness to learn the ways and be safe, and crawl every mall to their hearts desire then no one should be picking on them for wanting a Bronco. Sure I will be the one going cross country to find trails to test my skill in the bronco as soon as I get it but many won’t ever want to get theirs dirty. WHO CARES! This is America (and sometimes Canada) we are free to do whatever we want with OUR Broncos. If someone wants to dress in a suit everyday and drive their bronco to their city desk job that’s perfectly fine. If someone wants to go hit the hardest rock crawling trail there is that’s fine too. That’s the awesome thing about being in the land of the free. If someone buys the bronco because they saw it on one of the stupid social media sites and made them think they want that lifestyle but then get it and realize they hate the ride that is ok too. Those people are the ones that over each year will allow us to get used Broncos in great shape for a decent price that we know wasn’t beat to hell.
Point is stop with this gatekeeping bull crap, it’s getting old fast. People have different reasons for buying the Bronco. Some just want an SUV they can take the top off. Some want a hard core off road vehicle so they can finally trade in their Jeep for a better vehicle (?) and some will never take the tops off or doors off and just want it because it looks good. We need to welcome all folks here as long as they are all interested in the Bronco. I’m pretty sure most people on this forum are or will become Bronco enthusiasts considering we are all waiting for the long ride ahead until we get our hands on the Bronco. We need to welcome that with open arms and stop complaining about the little stuff.
I was never into cars. But I was always a nature boy. Just loved being dirty and rough and in the woods. Odd, considering I was raised in urban environments

Now being mid thirties, the Bronco gets announced and suddenly I'm obsessed with learning about it. And its partly because the Bronco will allow me to fulfill my nature dreams I always had in my youth. So now I'm a car and a nature person. Thanks Bronco

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was never into cars. But I was always a nature boy. Just loved being dirty and rough and in the woods. Odd, considering I was raised in urban environments

Now being mid thirties, the Bronco gets announced and suddenly I'm obsessed with learning about it. And its partly because the Bronco will allow me to fulfill my nature dreams I always had in my youth. So now I'm a car and a nature person. Thanks Bronco
Glad to hear! Welcome and I hope the Bronco is this way with many more folks like you. It is definitely a vehicle that can grab the attention of the oldest hardcore car guys to the youngest kids that just got their license and everyone in-between. Considering how many new car people there are on these forums I think this shows Ford did one hell of a job with the Bronco so far because no other vehicle that i can remember has spoken to such a broad group of buyers. Being someone that wants to be in nature just always remember to leave the trails better than when you got there so we can all keep off roading? we need to preach that to anyone new to this lifestyle.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course the Early Bronco Forum will have more knowledgeable members around the Early Bronco, because the early Bronco has been around for over 50 years! It’s a vintage vehicle with owners with many years of experience with the vehicle. The 2021 Bronco isn’t out yet so posts on here are just in anticipation of the launch, none of us actually has a 2021 Bronco. There is limited information to discuss. The New Bronco will be a mass produced vehicle and will ride better than anything built in the 60s and 70s but there will probably be some people with buyer remorse but I doubt many will be on used car lots by July. Early reservation holders might not even get delivery by July!!

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get what the OP is saying. In the early days suvs were utility vehicles. Jeeps, Broncos and IH Scouts. I started out with a 68 CJ. Back then, noise was good because that meant you engine was running.
Over the years the vehicles evolved with more creature comforts. I remember when Jeep first started putting in AC and wondered why anyone would want a Jeep with AC.

Vehicles evolve, people evolve, and here we are with $50k utility vehicles and people standing in line to buy them.
Life is good.

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All I know is if this thing doesn’t ride smooth enough to keep my soy no whip extra hot light foam one stevia packet sprinkle of vanilla powder latte from sloshing onto the center console when I pull out of the Starbucks drive through on my way to the mall it’s definitely getting traded back in.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think there will be a lot that don't even make it that far. For many, seeing a real Bronco will be when their build arrives. I think a higher number than some expect will remain on the dealer lot to be sold as new because it wasn't what the customer was expecting.
This. It won’t be low mile trade backs... it’ll be this, “ ... wow, I have to JUMP up into this thing to get in..!? “

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not a 4 wheeler (unless you count the gun trucks and heavy equipment I drove in the Navy)
But, always been a Ford guy. Grandfather worked for Ford. We always had at least one growing up. Just sold my Mustang so I could buy a base squatch and will use my FX4 as a daily driver. My Bronco will probably never see a trail but, my kids will remember it.
When I was little my dad had an old 70’s model Toyota Corolla. Every time it would snow, he would put my brother and I in the back seat and do donuts in the culdesac. That is one of the fun memories I have.
My rig is going to be a weekend fun car that my wife and daughters can have fun in. It’s an awesome looking ride my wife is letting me buy. It doesn’t have to see a trail to be legit

just my $0.02
Sponsored