First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will probably get slammed for this post but oh well...

Reading through through posts on this site it is clear that most of the people on here are far different than the crowd on the early Bronco forums. I have had an early Bronco for more than 30 years. Two different ones... 74 and 76 model. I have participated in online forums for most of those years. The Early Bronco forum people are by far the most knowledgeable and helpful people on any forum I have been on. I have participated in the FJ cruiser, Tacoma and F150 forums as well.

This group... is way diversified...not everyone, but a large majority of posters seem to be people jumping on the Bronco bandwagon and really have no idea what they are in for. Questions about how the 4x4 works, how the soft top folds, how many cup holders, why no heated steering wheel and many more questions that are all fair questions but scream... “I really don’t have a clue what I am buying.“. Really none of us do other than the info trickling out from Ford and people sneaking around parking lots Provide to us to dissect and complain about.

my point I guess is this... I bet many people will be buying a vehicle they didn’t expect. They wanted to be part of something they thought would be a lifestyle vehicle but really don’t know what that even is. This Bronco will not ride like a luxury SUV no matter how many upgrades you add to the B&P... big tires and soft suspension just don’t make that happen. It will be much louder than thier BMW X5. The tires will roar as they wear and it will not corner like a sports car. The rear AC isn’t going to be like their Escalade and the lack of seat heaters will be uncomfortable on a cold day.

So I am betting many will show up on used lots way before everyone with a preorder even receives their Bronco. They will be traded for the Bronco Sport which will be much more civilized or some other luxury SUV.

People always wanted one of my Early Broncos until they drive it and realized it was not what they thought. The real off-road crowd will love it. The real outdoorsman will as well. Many will hang onto it just for the cool factor but a lot more will move on quickly. Just my prediction. I am going to wait until I can drive one before I buy. I guessing that will be about a month or so after they start shipping.
Sponsored

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure you're not too far off-base. I may even be in that camp - it's hard to know without actual usage (I ended up being in the opposite group wishing my Disco was a bit more capable - although, I did love the off-roading I did do in it). I missed out on a 1995 Defender (got the Discovery instead) and have somewhat regretted it (but I've had some GREAT times in it). It's a risk I'm willing to make this time around.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This phenomenon is hardly new.

Jeep sells almost 250k Wranglers a year... are you telling me they all go to “real outdoorsmen?”

All this capability, all these off road trims and packages, the piles and piles of aftermarket parts that are coming, the videos and the commercials... it’s all just a game. And both sides are in on it. Ford knows they’ve built a truck that 99% of their customers won’t use to its potential. And the customers are all well aware that they won’t either.

So yes, it IS a lifestyle vehicle (despite being capable of much more). And no, people won’t trade them for Sport models because it’s that lifestyle, that image, that they are after. The same image that’s sells 250k Wranglers a year.

Final thought... unlike your vintage Broncos and the Wrangler, the new Bronco has IFS which will make a lot more comfortable. So there’s that...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think your absolutly right ,i know what im in for so not many suprises for me.
Buying a first year truck is kinda spooky but i have faith in the warranty.
Yup the 30 to 50 thousand mile broncos will proabably be common ,i will have mine tricked out by then and be happily wheeling?

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This Bronco will not ride like a luxury SUV no matter how many upgrades you add to the B&P... big tires and soft suspension just don’t make that happen. It will be much louder than thier BMW X5. The tires will roar as they wear and it will not corner like a sports car. The rear AC isn’t going to be like their Escalade and the lack of seat heaters will be uncomfortable on a cold day.
I hope so- That's why my BaseSasquatch will be the best fit and value for me.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think we'll be lucky to buy new by July 4! This thing will drive so much better than an early Bronco but, yeah, 35" tires aren't for everybody.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've thought about this. How old were you when you became a "car person"?

I became one a little over three months ago.

I feel like some people had a moment when they fell in love with a vehicle and they were hooked. Is it fair to say that the 2021 Ford Bronco is that vehicle for a lot of people?

It is for me. Cars used to be so boring before.

I never used to relate with buddies that talked cars. I didn't have a dad that taught me anything about them. I learned the basics of changing a flat and changing my oil, but I never understood the attraction to vehicles until the bronco. Sidenote: I was always slightly attracted to the off-road scene, and was eyeing Jeeps for the last couple years, but never 'felt it' until I saw the bronco.

In the last several months I've learned so much about engines, wheels, towing, suspension etc, and it's because for once I actually want to learn. I'm so excited to drive my Bronco, modify it, make it my own, fix it, teach my kids how to work on it, teach them drive it, make memories in it...

Literally the other day I watched a YouTube series that explained how internal combustion engines work, how gasoline is made, and the future of engines because I'm just so dang curious and interested now.

And this is all because I watched an ad back in July for a Ford Bronco.

If you check my profile you'll see I created my account a little over 3 months ago, so I'm sure I fall into the bandwagon category. And I get it, I'm sure this forum was a different place before it got inundated with all of us wannabe newbies.

But... Idk I've just never been so excited to spend $40k+ before! Okay, not excited, but you know what I mean.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just finished installing a 3” lift on my daughter’s FJ cruiser.

Her friends drive JKs and JLs, so do their mothers. Many of whom have never touched the transfer case or would know how one works to save their lives.

It’s not any different than the guys who buy a Mustang and don’t know how to drive one and promptly launch it into a curb when they turn off the traction control and step on the gas.

This will be bought by people have no idea how to take it off road, and probably shouldn’t, nor do they have any need for it. But they will anyway.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree, some will have no idea of what they are getting, and will be disappointed. Try as they may no one can make a truly capable off road vehicle that rides like a luxury car...

Reactions: RG7

Sponsored
OP
OP

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've thought about this. How old were you when you became a "car person"?

I had a cut out photo of a Blue early Bronco on my bedroom wall in jr high. Right beside the poster of Farah Fauscett. Gonna say mid late 70s.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will probably get slammed for this post but oh well...

Reading through through posts on this site it is clear that most of the people on here are far different than the crowd on the early Bronco forums. I have had an early Bronco for more than 30 years. Two different ones... 74 and 76 model. I have participated in online forums for most of those years. The Early Bronco forum people are by far the most knowledgeable and helpful people on any forum I have been on. I have participated in the FJ cruiser, Tacoma and F150 forums as well.

This group... is way diversified...not everyone, but a large majority of posters seem to be people jumping on the Bronco bandwagon and really have no idea what they are in for. Questions about how the 4x4 works, how the soft top folds, how many cup holders, why no heated steering wheel and many more questions that are all fair questions but scream... “I really don’t have a clue what I am buying.“. Really none of us do other than the info trickling out from Ford and people sneaking around parking lots Provide to us to dissect and complain about.

my point I guess is this... I bet many people will be buying a vehicle they didn’t expect. They wanted to be part of something they thought would be a lifestyle vehicle but really don’t know what that even is. This Bronco will not ride like a luxury SUV no matter how many upgrades you add to the B&P... big tires and soft suspension just don’t make that happen. It will be much louder than thier BMW X5. The tires will roar as they wear and it will not corner like a sports car. The rear AC isn’t going to be like their Escalade and the lack of seat heaters will be uncomfortable on a cold day.

So I am betting many will show up on used lots way before everyone with a preorder even receives their Bronco. They will be traded for the Bronco Sport which will be much more civilized or some other luxury SUV.

People always wanted one of my Early Broncos until they drive it and realized it was not what they thought. The real off-road crowd will love it. The real outdoorsman will as well. Many will hang onto it just for the cool factor but a lot more will move on quickly. Just my prediction. I am going to wait until I can drive one before I buy. I guessing that will be about a month or so after they start shipping.
I bet 98% of jeep owners fall into this category and keep them. I am sure you are right about some people. Any car I have ever bought was just the basic car without all that luxury crap. I will not be doing any crazy off roading, but will definitely be taking road trips that lead me to places that will make the bronco fun having. Looking forward to exploring more of the US.
Sponsored