Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well someone wants to cut off their nose in spite of their face this evening ...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ones buying for the "lifestyle" are the reason it exists.
Agree. As another poster mentioned above regarding Jeep's success - they are selling a lifestyle. It isn't just off-road enthusiasts that are buying them. I live in a coastal county with a large influx of retirees. They come down from up north and buy into the beach lifestyle including driving on the beaches. They promptly buy a brand new Rubi to drive 10mph in the dry sand driving lane. But they are living the dream of top off/doors off beach cruising.

I have a friend that is getting a Bronco. I tried to get them to sign up here to save a couple grand with the Granger deal (they never did as it wasn't worth the hassle). They had questions that answered. Does it include leather seats? Does it have luxury package? Does it come in black? The final question (and the kicker) - Does it have 4WD? It was a genuine question and they had no idea. They will spend $50K on their 2-dr and they will be happy driving 10mph in the dry sand driving lane. They live a few blocks from the beach.

OP
OP

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the OP on this thread... don’t get me wrong...
my hard core off-roading days are over. Broke too many things over the years and just don’t like beating up my truck any more.
I do load the fishing kayak in the back of my truck and go to some very back woods places that my truck struggles to get to. The Bronco should be able to do that easier. I am a Bronco fanboy and want one just because. ... no real reason... just because I can. That’s all well and good... my point was I think from reading what seems to be important to a lot of people on this forum they are going to be disappointed. It will be more truck like than car like... 35” tires just do not ride like a SUV. Even on my F150 they make a big difference.
also going to add that low fuel mileage and expensive insurance will shock some people. My FJCruiser insurance is way more than my F150 or my wife’s Acura. Even more than a 535i I had. Guessing the Bronco will be similar.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly why I'm planning on buying a BD and will just explore Colorado first. If i buy in and want to get a lift and add 35s, I'll do it. If not, I'll do around town and basic trail driving and still be a proud bronco owner.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You hit the nail on the head. Lots of “new car-buying enthusiasts” and not enough car enthusiasts floating around here. I imagine a few years from now this will be a friendly, knowledgeable, helpful community; but unfortunately for now it’s going to be a trash fire while this vehicle finds its legs.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree. I don't think they are trying to buy a lifestyle or expecting a luxury SUV. I have three 4 dr Rubicons on my street alone that have never passed my house with any dirt on them ever. I see a plethora of F150 4x4 crews that look like they never hauled or towed anything. Quite a few unmodified Raptors looking as clean as the Jeeps. I think the people that want to buy into a lifestyle are the ones I see riding weekend Harleys.

I don't live in an off roading area at all. People around here have to drive an hour just to go "mudding". The people in more fortunate off road areas will use it. The people around here want it because it isn't a Jeep. Everyone has a Jeep. I don't see it being a disappointment as a reason they get turned in. They will get turned in when the newness wears off for those with expendable income so they can buy the next cool thing. That won't be until someone can start buying them off the lot.

I live in upper middle class suburbia hell. When my daughter was in High School kids started thinking they were country. Boots, music and trucks became a thing. My daughter would say, You can't be country if you live on a cul de sac.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hats off to you for being candid, insightful informative about the realities of this vehicle. Hopefully it will jog some folks into really considering what they are getting into. Some others have made similar observations and admonished that prospective buyers not familiar with this class of truck should go drive a wrangler. It sounds like the OBX is the closest to what many buyers want in terms of tech and upscale options, but is still not a luxury suv. I keep telling myself the one I buy will have loud tires, mediocre mileage, and sketchy handling (relatively speaking). I always wanted an EB, owned a '90 briefly (it was very similar to a full size pick up with good road manners, average mpg for the era (351 ci) and only sold it because of a growing family). I will probably get either the Sasq or at least 33s on the BL. I know there are better vehicles for my driving profile and that if I get the bronco, there are better tire choices, but I am a ford guy from way back when and just plain love the bronco.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ive never owned an off road rig... Its a dream of mine since i went and drive a modified defender in Iceland. That was the beginning, but for once i have the chance to hop on this bronco and have a blast.

I know that it wont be a luxury suv nor drive like a sport car... All i want is feel free, have fun in the wild and meet great people.

And more importantly, make it dirty hahaha

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP is likely correct with 2 caveats:

1) I doubt it is in July

2) I doubt there will be much savings

My brother and I were into cars as kids. We would ride in the back seat, watching cars drive by and call out "I pick that car!" whenever we saw something cool. I was into fast cars in high school and had a used 1985 Z28 my senior year.

I keep vehicles for about 10 years which is why I tend to by brand new. The only SUV I've ever owned was a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo I bought brand new. My first brand new vehicle. It was great.

I've wanted a Jeep for the past 20 years but it didn't make sense as I began having children.

When they sneaked out that Bronco concept in 2004 I knew exactly what my next car would be. As I waited, I bought a Nissan Frontier. Then, I bought an F150 (driving now).

Then finally it was announced the Bronco was truly coming!!!

I have looked at the Wrangler many times over the past 3 years and I have found (locally):

A) 2-doors are hard to find

B) colors that aren't black, silver, gray or white in a 2-door are nearly impossible to find

C) A Wrangler 2-door with the right color and right options has been impossible to find

So while I do think there will be used Broncos for sale on dealership lots - I know the chances of finding the model I want will be virtually impossible.

So bring on 1/2021 so I can get my official order in for a vehicle I will be driving AT LEAST until 2035...

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

......I am going to wait until I can drive one before I buy. I guessing that will be about a month or so after they start shipping.
Pretty reasonable prediction. I agree with it.....until your conclusion at the end of your post.

YOU shouldn't be surprised by what the Bronco is and what it isn't. You are not one of the unwashed masses who don't know what a Bronco is all about. You should already feel confident that it can handle your fishing kayak transportation duties.

So why wait until July 4th to buy used? Do you think you will get a screaming used deal in July? Seems like a better strategy is to just stand in line with the rest of us and ensure you get it.

Yes there will be some quick flips by disillusioned people (after they have taken all their Instagram pictures and gotten their ego kibbles)...but I would be shocked if you saw a reasonable savings by taking this used approach in July 21.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it has close to the ride and feel of a 4runner they will probably expand the market. Body on frame has a wonderful solid feel to it. I am guessing used will be far from none with very little depreciation.

OP
OP

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it has close to the ride and feel of a 4runner they will probably expand the market. Body on frame has a wonderful solid feel to it. I am guessing used will be far from none with very little depreciation.
Have you driven a 4 runner with 35s? I have had a Tacoma with 35s. I regretted it everyday.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you driven a 4 runner with 35s? I have had a Tacoma with 35s. I regretted it everyday.
Oh snap! Just on normal stock tires...Why do you have to scare me like that :(.

Can you elaborate some more on your experience?
Sponsored