Sponsored

Probably some designers last ditch effort(Grand Blazer)

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
" trademark application for the "Grand Blazer" submitted to the Argentina National Institute of Industrial Property by General Motors "

Well, I don't have trips planned to Argentina in the near future so I think I'm safe..
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Grand Blazer" sounds like something you win for defeating the final boss at the golf club.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The size is good, the design is hideous! Still waiting for my 2021 bronco ill probably get next year. lol

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know I am biased but EW

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This rendering means nothing. There was a trademark application in Argentina. So what? US car companies market models overseas that never see our shores all the time. And if the rendering is at all meaningful, it's just a larger version of the current soccer mom crossover Blazer.
It looks like GM does not sell the current Blazer in Argentina. Their SUV lineup there consists of Tracker, Spin, Spin Activ, Equinox, and Trail Blazer (different from the North American Trail Blazer). None of those models appear to be a Blazer under a different name.

Anyway, I agree, this trademark filing is not interesting, or relevant.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like GM does not sell the current Blazer in Argentina. Their SUV lineup there consists of Tracker, Spin, Spin Activ, Equinox, and Trail Blazer (different from the North American Trail Blazer). None of those models appear to be a Blazer under a different name.

Anyway, I agree, this trademark filing is not interesting, or relevant.
And directly from the article: "The Chevrolet Grand Blazer name was previously used in markets such as Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela as a rebadged version of the Chevrolet Tahoe up until 2019. It seems likely, then, that the new version will also be sold exclusively in the South American market - especially as the trademark was filed in Argentina."

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Say what you want, but Jeep has done an excellent job of curating the Wrangler design through the decades.

Bronco 6G has numerous echoes of Gen 1...but Ford did the same thing with subsequent iterations that GM is doing now.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Grand Blazer" sounds like something you win for defeating the final boss at the golf club.
i'm thinking more like a giant joint

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And directly from the article: "The Chevrolet Grand Blazer name was previously used in markets such as Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela as a rebadged version of the Chevrolet Tahoe up until 2019. It seems likely, then, that the new version will also be sold exclusively in the South American market - especially as the trademark was filed in Argentina."
Oh, I missed that part. I did not realize the article continued beyond the giant ad embedded in the article.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lifelong Chevy guy, I gave up on the Bowtie with the failed Camaro and that new Blazer...what an embarrassment. It looks like a Kia, which looks like a Hyundai, which looks like a Honda, which...you get the point. It's no more off-road ready than the Griswold Family Truckster...wait...

Despite all of the failings of the Bronco launch, at least Ford is making an enthusiast's vehicle with some character and purpose which doesn't sh!t all over the legacy trucks that started it all.
Word.

There is one and only one legacy in the Bowtie world. The fucking Corvette. Everything else gets shit on when the good idea fairy strikes management. Baja, ZQ8, ZR2, Trailblazer, K5, Highrider, Camaro, Syclone/Typhoon, RS/SS, all get watered down, rebadged entirely, or straight up discontinued and forgotten until Chevrolet needs to trot out some new design-by-committee hot garbage. Or some aftermarket company who actually loves the badge more than the goddamn manufacturer makes an homage or licenses a badge to make something cool that isn't a soccermom transportation cubicle or a 700hp AARP sticker magnet.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chevrolet trucks and suv's need a design overhaul, imo none of them look good

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They need to scratch that and go way back to the square body blazers....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did notice old Blazer placement in ads lately. Like Chevy is testing the market.