Sponsored

Probably some designers last ditch effort(Grand Blazer)

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Word.

There is one and only one legacy in the Bowtie world. The fucking Corvette. Everything else gets shit on when the good idea fairy strikes management. Baja, ZQ8, ZR2, Trailblazer, K5, Highrider, Camaro, Syclone/Typhoon, RS/SS, all get watered down, rebadged entirely, or straight up discontinued and forgotten until Chevrolet needs to trot out some new design-by-committee hot garbage. Or some aftermarket company who actually loves the badge more than the goddamn manufacturer makes an homage or licenses a badge to make something cool that isn't a soccermom transportation cubicle or a 700hp AARP sticker magnet.
That's a pretty good summary actually. I think some life-long Chevy fans are walking away, because other than Corvette, there is not much to get excited about.

IMO, the one exception in your list though is ZR2. While it may not be perfect, I think the Colorado deserves the badge.

My dad worked most of his career at GM in St. Catharines, ON, Canada. So, I grew up in the back of GM vehicles, and constantly flipping through GM vehicle brochures.

I currently drive a GM Sierra (Base trim), but I bought it to be a workhorse, not a source of excitement. One of the main reasons I bought it was the Friends & Family discount. Fortunately, after almost 50k miles (76,000km), it is serving me very well, and I'm happy with it.
Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree. The return of the ZR2 is the one bold move in decades, outside of putting the LWN 2.8L Duramax in the GMT700s, that Chevrolet has done that no one else has. DSSV shock damping, front and rear lockers, turbodiesel option, it's a standout in a lot of ways, just like the OG ZR2 S10 was with Bilsteins all the way around, skidplating everywhere, 31x10.50 BFG A/Ts, wider frame, fenders, and factory 3" lift. Which was itself a descendant of the S10 Baja... there's so much history in just the compact truck line alone that Chevrolet does not give a single shit about. Which is evidenced by Chevrolet wanting to now apply the ZR2 badge to the Silverado because Z71 means exactly shit, having been watered down so hard over the years that you can now get a Z71 2 Wheel Drive.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the looks of the thing they call a Blazer .... but it sure as hell ain't a Blazer.

This thing is absolutely hideous.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang... Baby caught fire and momma put it out with an axe! That's ugly

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A full size, V8 powered, American off road vehicle. Sign me up!

I like my bronco but this would have been a nice option as well.

FB.jpg

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was about to make a dumb comment about how ugly it looks but remembered its just a crappy render some intern probably mocked up before lunch.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a market for the 2019 Blazer. It's for those who want a midsize SUV with a sporty look. for those who can't afford a Jag or Alfa but want a similar look. Take that thing and build sport packages that increase it to 400HP and get a 0-6 the mirrors their competition. Add usb plugs, outlets and screens with lots of cup holders and little hidden storage and bam.

As for this space force inpspired pickup with a cap... nah. Not offroading in that thing and no where to park it in Hawaii 😂. Also would never get my bros to stop from clowning me if I pull up in this thing at the beach or campsite. PASS!!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which one is the Grande Blazer? Is it between Blade and Laser?
F8YE62zt4YQHaDt?w=296&h=174&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's a market for the 2019 Blazer. It's for those who want a midsize SUV with a sporty look. for those who can't afford a Jag or Alfa but want a similar look. Take that thing and build sport packages that increase it to 400HP and get a 0-6 the mirrors their competition. Add usb plugs, outlets and screens with lots of cup holders and little hidden storage and bam.

As for this space force inpspired pickup with a cap... nah. Not offroading in that thing and no where to park it in Hawaii 😂. Also would never get my bros to stop from clowning me if I pull up in this thing at the beach or campsite. PASS!!
Just gotta lift it 14" and it cherry :ROFLMAO: