Trout_bumb

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 49 ford coupe, 99 jee wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I recently purchased a new 2022 ford Bronco big bend edition. I left the lot stoked on my new bronco, although it was not the bronco I wanted. I picked it up on March 29th and codes started popping up around 50 miles on March 30th. I informed the dealership and brought the bronco in for evaluation and trouble shooting the next day. On April 4th they released the bronco back to me. The ford service techs said they cleared the codes on and couldn’t repeat the problem after driving it 6 miles. So April 4th I picked my bronco back up from the dealership. Around 20 miles after leaving the dealership (at highway speeds) the check engine light came back on...again. The same power train malfunction reduced power codes came back up, plus additional codes. So the next day I brought my bronco back to the dealership, April 5th. I left with a new loaner, and got a call on Monday that my loaner was a pre-purchased vehicle and needs to be returned. And which point I had to drive an hour back to the dealership to get a different loaner car. At this point they told us that ford engineering had come out to look at the bronco, and they said to go ahead and replace the turbo with a new turbo. They said there was a manufacturing defect in the turbo. They said it was ordered, but could not tell us when it would be in because it is on back order status. They said at this point it is not considered a recall but they’re “looking into it”. So at this point I have driven to the dealership 4 separate times for a total of 8hrs driving, plus missing 4 days of work. Keep in mind this isn’t the bronco I ordered on March 16th 2020. I only bought this bronco because my 99 Jeep would no longer pass inspection and I’ve been trying to hold out for my order. So buying a new 2022 bronco left me in the same exact position I was in with my 99 Jeep. Except for the fact that my 99 Jeep is still drivable aside from not passing inspection. All of this is mounting on top of the frustration that the bronco I ordered still has no production date and I am an early reservation holder. I am also seeing people who ordered a bronco after I did have already received there vehicle. So ford definitely isn’t going in order like they said they would. As it stands currently I’ve only driven my new bronco a total of 4 days since March 30th. Currently no update of when the part will be in. So ford has had my bronco longer then I have had it since my purchase, Leaving me in non comparable vehicles. At this time with the experience I’ve had to date, I wish I had not bought the bronco and just fixed my 99 Jeep. It would have cost far less money and would have been done by now. So by trying to avoid this problem by buying a new car only exasperated the problem. Who knew buying a new vehicle would have more problems then a Jeep over 20 years old. The service techs and my sales person says ford will take care of this on the back end, but given my current experience I can’t recommend holding out this long for a Brock just to have these problems. So At this point ford can’t give me a production date on the bronco I ordered almost 2 years ago, they can’t give me a date on when the parts will be available or when my bronco will be fixed, and they haven’t been able to put me into a comparable loaner vehicle. I’ll keep updating this thread as I am updated, but currently I could not recommend buying a bronco to anybody
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it happens from time to time.
Sorry about your luck.
The best you can hope for is that Ford and the dealership both step up to make this right for you in some manner.

Should have had them bring the replacement loaner to you stating that it cost too much in down time for you to correct their mistake.... and keep that mentality with you the whole time.
As an example:
Like the second time it broke down, call a wrecker and have them eat that cost. Make it inconvenient for them also.
Especially with the reduced power mode, that can become a safety issue, it should have been towed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Trout_bumb

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry about your luck.
The best you can hope for is that Ford and the dealership both step up to make this right for you in some manner.

Should have had them bring the replacement loaner to you stating that it cost too much in down time for you to correct their mistake.... and keep that mentality with you the whole time.
As an example:
Like the second time it broke down, call a wrecker and have them eat that cost. Make it inconvenient for them also.
Especially with the reduced power mode, that can become a safety issue, it should have been towed.
Sorry about your luck.

As an example:
Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind. The techs did instruct me to drive it in to the dealership saying they would tow if it broke down. I did send them all the codes before driving it in.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing here. Except I'm still driving mine. Right now. Knock on wood. It's running fine

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently purchased a new 2022 ford Bronco big bend edition. I left the lot stoked on my new bronco, although it was not the bronco I wanted. I picked it up on March 29th and codes started popping up around 50 miles on March 30th. I informed the dealership and brought the bronco in for evaluation and trouble shooting the next day. On April 4th they released the bronco back to me. The ford service techs said they cleared the codes on and couldn’t repeat the problem after driving it 6 miles. So April 4th I picked my bronco back up from the dealership. Around 20 miles after leaving the dealership (at highway speeds) the check engine light came back on...again. The same power train malfunction reduced power codes came back up, plus additional codes. So the next day I brought my bronco back to the dealership, April 5th. I left with a new loaner, and got a call on Monday that my loaner was a pre-purchased vehicle and needs to be returned. And which point I had to drive an hour back to the dealership to get a different loaner car. At this point they told us that ford engineering had come out to look at the bronco, and they said to go ahead and replace the turbo with a new turbo. They said there was a manufacturing defect in the turbo. They said it was ordered, but could not tell us when it would be in because it is on back order status. They said at this point it is not considered a recall but they’re “looking into it”. So at this point I have driven to the dealership 4 separate times for a total of 8hrs driving, plus missing 4 days of work. Keep in mind this isn’t the bronco I ordered on March 16th 2020. I only bought this bronco because my 99 Jeep would no longer pass inspection and I’ve been trying to hold out for my order. So buying a new 2022 bronco left me in the same exact position I was in with my 99 Jeep. Except for the fact that my 99 Jeep is still drivable aside from not passing inspection. All of this is mounting on top of the frustration that the bronco I ordered still has no production date and I am an early reservation holder. I am also seeing people who ordered a bronco after I did have already received there vehicle. So ford definitely isn’t going in order like they said they would. As it stands currently I’ve only driven my new bronco a total of 4 days since March 30th. Currently no update of when the part will be in. So ford has had my bronco longer then I have had it since my purchase, Leaving me in non comparable vehicles. At this time with the experience I’ve had to date, I wish I had not bought the bronco and just fixed my 99 Jeep. It would have cost far less money and would have been done by now. So by trying to avoid this problem by buying a new car only exasperated the problem. Who knew buying a new vehicle would have more problems then a Jeep over 20 years old. The service techs and my sales person says ford will take care of this on the back end, but given my current experience I can’t recommend holding out this long for a Brock just to have these problems. So At this point ford can’t give me a production date on the bronco I ordered almost 2 years ago, they can’t give me a date on when the parts will be available or when my bronco will be fixed, and they haven’t been able to put me into a comparable loaner vehicle. I’ll keep updating this thread as I am updated, but currently I could not recommend buying a bronco to anybody
Welcome to the new banana republic of the USA. This is just the beginning!!

OP
OP

Trout_bumb

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Figured they'd have the 22's figured out....

Sponsored
OP
OP

Trout_bumb

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No updates as of now

OP
OP

Trout_bumb

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still no updates, they’ve had my bronco over a month now. After my 2nd rental they promised to put me into a comparable vehicle with 4 wheel drive. So they gave me a bronco sport (which shouldn’t even be named a bronco) promising that it is 4x4 only to find out in a snow storm that it is not a 4x4 vehicle. Took me a while of searching the “bronco” to engage 4x4 and a google search to find out this vehicle doesn’t have 4 wheel drive..

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m sorry that your temporary Bronco suffered an unfortunate component failure.

but out of curiosity, who ever gave you the idea that you that you were owed a “comparable” rental vehicle? What even is “comparable”? A Jeep? As you mentioned, Ford can’t get you the Bronco that you reserved 2 years ago, but you seem to think that your dealer should somehow have a fleet of loaner Bronco’s just sitting around waiting to be loaned out every time one requires service?

your factory warranty covers ”alternate transportation”. No mention of “comparable” or equivalent.

TBH rental fleets have been decimated by the current auto situation in our country. You are kind of lucky they found something for you to drive at all. My local rental agencies never have cars when we call and they have doubled and tripled their rates just because they can.

just my .02

I hope your Bronco gets fixed soon.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still no updates, they’ve had my bronco over a month now. After my 2nd rental they promised to put me into a comparable vehicle with 4 wheel drive. So they gave me a bronco sport (which shouldn’t even be named a bronco) promising that it is 4x4 only to find out in a snow storm that it is not a 4x4 vehicle. Took me a while of searching the “bronco” to engage 4x4 and a google search to find out this vehicle doesn’t have 4 wheel drive..
All bronco sports have 4x4, it’s just not a traditional 4x4 like the regular bronco. But either way, sorry to hear they have no updates

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's more AWD than 4x4, unless it's a Badlands or First Edition you won't have a 4x4 selector, only a goat mode wheel. The different modes will change the AWD behavior .

source: I had a sport before the bronco
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.