First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have heard a lot about problems with the ten speed automatic transmission is f150 and superdutys, has anyone experienced and shifting problems or other issues with the ten speed automatic transmission in their Bronco?
Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't seem to have had any, but you also...what kind of problems? :)
Hesitation? Clunky shifts? Noise? I'm only at like 700 miles, haven't used the GOAT modes too much or the +/- "Manual" shifting

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco has a different transmission than the F-150 and SuperDuty. They are related and part of the same “family” of transmissions, but the Bronco’s transmission is a newer design, is lighter, and has a lower overall torque rating than those found in Ford’s current pickups.

The transmission in the Bronco is the same transmission that is in the Explorer, the Lincoln Aviator, and I believe the Edge too. (EDIT: Nope I lied, Edge has the 8-speed.)

But anyway, it’s fine in my opinion. Back in 2020 there was an issue with harsh downshifting, but that was caused by a manufacturing defect on a select few units, and that issue has since been corrected. Beyond that, I haven’t heard any major widespread issues.

OP
OP
Peaches

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't seem to have had any, but you also...what kind of problems? :)
Hesitation? Clunky shifts? Noise? I'm only at like 700 miles, haven't used the GOAT modes too much or the +/- "Manual" shifting
I haven’t had any problems just wondering if other people are because there is a lot of talk and I have also had problems myself with the 10 speeds in the f150

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have heard a lot about problems with the ten speed automatic transmission is f150 and superdutys, has anyone experienced and shifting problems or other issues with the ten speed automatic transmission in their Bronco?
Well it does suck as a transmission (In our 2019 Ranger). Watch it shift from 1st to 7th as you go 25 mph up a slight grade, then get confused when asked to actually go 35 mph (maybe 1st gear again? Nah, it was 9th, 9th is great for accelerating from 25 to 35)

My favorite trick it does is when it hits the brown note while shifting from 10th to 4th for freeway overtaking maneuvers. The violent and reassuring BAM! as you hear the transmission try to grenade itself while punching you in the spine lets you know that you should have bought a manual transmission because having the EPA design your transmission was a poor choice.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 10spd in the Bronco is absolutely awesome! As is the 10 spd in the F150s and Super Dutys.
Someone will find something wrong with anything! Especially those that just want to bitch.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1800 miles.. seems okay. Shifts are smooth and it basically stays out of the way.

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 10R80 has been a nightmare for me in my 2017 F-150 Raptor. It's had three different valve bodies, been re-flashed a zillion times and was just completely replaced by Ford. Guess what, the new one has the same issues! The Bronco gets the 10R60 so my figures are crossed that its not also a turd.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12K miles, and mine is great. I have had three F150s with 10speeds, all were very good, no issues. I towed often and used the trucks as trucks somewhat regularly. I do notice in the 21 Ranger my son has, the shifts are noticeably firmer and the transmission is more aggressive in upshifting at partial throttle than the Bronco. I prefer the R60(Bronco) vs. R80(F150/Ranger) so far for daily driving and drivability. You will always hear more negatives than positive in forums and social media.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the 10 speed in these Fords. The ratios are so close to give you the acceleration low end but go into a nice overdrive at highway speeds.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a little hesitation in first every now and then (my '18 Raptor did this too) and a tiny bit of vibration felt through the shifter but I love it.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple clunks here and there but that’s me messing with it in Baja and confusing the computer. Very happy with how the trans performs. Just as good as the 10 speed in my burban. Same smooth, close shifts. It’s good for a auto.
Sponsored