Sponsored

Problems with adding a Hard Top later...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I want a soft top now and had planned to add a black or white hard top later, but the Esteban Q&A yesterday kind of crushed that. I realized that the hard top connections aren’t on a soft top vehicle, but he made it sound like that was permanent, and that they couldn’t be added later when a hard top was added. That’s a problem and makes me rethink things and getting a MIC now. It sucks if the wiper fluid and electric line can’t be easily added at a later time.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want a soft top now and had planned to add a black or white hard top later, but the Esteban Q&A yesterday kind of crushed that. I realized that the hard top connections aren’t on a soft top vehicle, but he made it sound like that was permanent, and that they couldn’t be added later when a hard top was added. That’s a problem and makes me rethink things and getting a MIC now. It sucks if the wiper fluid and electric line can’t be easily added at a later time.
Right

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So just because the B&P let's you add both black modular and soft top together,what we are being told is we are not able to receive our builds untill MY22 with those tops on correct?

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I noticed that too. It sounds like you *can* add a hard top later, but it's going to cost a lot to do it because of the wipers, connections for wiper fluid, etc.

So if your Bronco comes with a soft top and you want a black hard top, you will either (1) wait for late availability to get it, which delays your Bronco delivery; (2) get it later from the dealer and pay a lot more for freight and the connections, which will not be installed at the factory; or (3) buy a MIC top now so the connections are added in the factory. That means having to buy a MIC top that you probably don't even want, just to get the connections for your black top.

I know that's a long boring video, but I hope anyone ordering a Bronco actually watches it. There are quite a few little "info bombs" like that sprinkled through - like that one, and the possible shortages of two-doors, leather, luxe packages, etc.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just because the B&P let's you add both black modular and soft top together,what we are being told is we are not able to receive our builds untill MY22 with those tops on correct?
Nothing about what model year.

Selecting “dual tops” (both the soft and one of the hard) pushes your delivery to “late availability”. We don’t know what “late” will be until all the orders are in.

(it is suspected that dual top is late availability because it ostensibly would be robbing a single top buyer to fill a dual top buyer.... basically, wait until everyone has had a piece before you take double portions)

Fastest way to dual top with all the connections: Order your Bronco with the MIC top and order the soft top over the parts counter.

Not having hookups may not be a big deal for people... but without the function of the rear wiper or defrost, and considering the much larger expense of buying the hard top later... the answer seems kind of obvious to me if someone is not willing to risk waiting for whatever “late availability” ends up being.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/

Well, I doubt it's permanent .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Well that can't be true, because at one point you could order the dual top option
What part can’t be true? Dual top obviously comes plumbed and wired for the hard top; a soft top only truck doesn’t and whether it can be done later seems up in the air. I know Jeep allows for the connections later, but will Ford? Estaban made it sound like you were just stuck without a wiper etc. Adding it later would mean a new stem in the dash, plus electric and fluid lines.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing about what model year.

Selecting “dual tops” (both the soft and one of the hard) pushes your delivery to “late availability”. We don’t know what “late” will be until all the orders are in.

(it is suspected that dual top is late availability because it ostensibly would be robbing a single top buyer to fill a dual top buyer.... basically, wait until everyone has had a piece before you take double portions)

Fastest way to dual top with all the connections: Order your Bronco with the MIC top and order the soft top over the parts counter.

Not having hookups may not be a big deal for people... but without the function of the rear wiper or defrost, and considering the much larger expense of buying the hard top later... the answer seems kind of obvious to me if someone is not willing to risk waiting for whatever “late availability” ends up being.
Thanks for that clarification. I didn't understand what he meant by "dual top" but now I get it - two different tops. The bottom line is that if you ever plan to have a hard top, you should order it now, and if you don't want your build delayed, don't get a painted top or dual (two) tops on this build.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What part can’t be true? Dual top obviously comes plumbed and wired for the hard top; a soft top only truck doesn’t and whether it can be done later seems up in the air. I know Jeep allows for the connections later, but will Ford? Estaban made it sound like you were just stuck without a wiper etc. Adding it later would mean a new stem in the dash, plus electric and fluid lines.
It seemed like they were going to outflank Jeep by having the connections, etc. in every Bronco regardless of top style, but it seems that they have reneged on that in order to eek out a few days or so in getting to Job 1. Lame.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to think that I had to have a body colored top because the Jeep Unlimiteds look really nice that way. Once I saw the functionality of the Bronco soft top, that’s all I’m getting. It’s black, it has multiple positions, it’s fast, and there are no parts to store unless you want to take it completely off. And no extra cost.

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dual top option seems like a good deal when compared to hard top now, add soft top later. The upcharge of $1100 for dual tops is a lot less than the $1999 that Bestop charges for a JL 4 door top. Am I missing something?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now I have to order the MIC for the connections, even though I wanted to go soft, then hard (wink). But I can't add the sound deadening to the MIC with a 2.7 on the BL because its too heavy/system is too dumb.

So a top that is not what I wanted for more money only to get the connections?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: jxc