Sponsored

Product Request: Bolt-on rain rails to use common roof racks.

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of a set of rails that follow the contour of the rollbar sections above the doors and sticks out to form a typical rain rail so readily available roof racks could be used. I would think it would work for both hard and soft tops and may even prevent the soft top problem of strong winds blowing rain/snow inside.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m here for the learning opportunity: What is a rain rail?

OP
OP
Weasel2021

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rain Rail, Rain Gutter, J-Trim, lots of names for it. I ran a set of these on my Jeep to hold a couple of surf boards with a soft top (open or closed). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJMFBX2

Simple, cheap and easily removable. The full roof racks seem overkill for what I need and I'd prefer not to have all the cross bars there when I don't need them.

I had a few thoughts. One was a single crossbar at the b-pillar and could use one of @Valkyrie Off Road 's crossbars on the rear hardtop section. If there was a full rain rail/gutter. I could have two crossbars above the door openings with enough span to hold surfboards / kayaks.

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s beyond me why the MIC doesn’t have molded in rain gutters, like Jeep tops do. There are numerous complaints about rain entering the vehicle, plus the added flexibility of “standard” roof racks. I hope Ford considers this - maybe for the metal painted tops. Anyway, good idea.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Weasel2021 Same situation, kayaks some of the time otherwise rails off. I’ve searched for 8 - 9 months. An aftermarket side rails only solution would work if someone would make it. Then plenty of crossbar options. I’ve asked several companies for side rails only. No luck yet and I can’t justify $1,600 - $1800 for what’s out there.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s beyond me why the MIC doesn’t have molded in rain gutters, like Jeep tops do. There are numerous complaints about rain entering the vehicle, plus the added flexibility of “standard” roof racks. I hope Ford considers this - maybe for the metal painted tops. Anyway, good idea.
Jeeps have the same problem. And there are no metal tops coming from Ford.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Weasel2021 Same situation, kayaks some of the time otherwise rails off. I’ve searched for 8 - 9 months. An aftermarket side rails only solution would work if someone would make it. Then plenty of crossbar options. I’ve asked several companies for side rails only. No luck yet and I can’t justify $1,600 - $1800 for what’s out there.
Exact same spot. Kayaks or nothing.

I'm looking to fab something up in the next month or so
Sponsored