Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone with a connection to ford ?
I’m wondering The odds of seeing actual production models of the broncos prior to the order banks opening in December. Some things will be easy to decide through rendering (like hard tops and bumpers grills ect), but I’m more interested in seeing actuals of things like paint colors and interior materials. I know there are renderings and the 3D visualizer but these will be big and difficult decisions to make from just renderings.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, just asked the same question, we were probably typing at the same time.

I'm more concerned with getting a feel for the physical proportions, etc....how much space is REALLY in the interior.

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told by a local dealer that they would have one in the show room to drive in Nov. don't know it he was full of poop or not.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna contact my saleswoman monday, see what she says

OP
OP
G.ATX.M

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL, just asked the same question, we were probably typing at the same time.

I'm more concerned with getting a feel for the physical proportions, etc....how much space is REALLY in the interior.
Agreed ! There are some good reasons to see something this new in person !

Sponsored

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hahaha I'm flattered! This is something that I actually don't know. However, I have to believe that there will be some sort of tour where they display (or even allow test drives) Broncos at different places across the country. The Ford Ranger had a drive tour at the end of 2018 that was very successful, so I think they would do something similar with Bronco. However, COVID puts a huge question mark on top of all of this. I guess it depends where we are later this year.

Pre-production builds are happening at the plant later this year. Tooling Tryout (TT) builds start in late September, while Pilot Production (PP) starts in mid-December. So it is conceivable that there will be plant-built vehicles for this type of event. But again, COVID will dictate a lot of this.
Jumping off of this, TT/PP builds are for all intents and purposes “production” builds. Some different parts here and there as they’re still pre-production, but the plant will run these through like they are production. You always need to run through a few hundred vehicles over the course of 6 months to make sure your plant can handle every possibility. Fit, refinement, and of course drive testing are all done.

You will never see Ford let customers test these builds out as they’re still pre-production. Launch employees test these out over the course of a few months and mark any issues with it.

OP
OP
G.ATX.M

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jumping off of this, TT/PP builds are for all intents and purposes “production” builds. Some different parts here and there as they’re still pre-production, but the plant will run these through like they are production.

You will never see Ford let customers test these builds out as they’re still pre-production. Launch employees test these out over the course of a few months and mark any issues with it.
That makes sense , As much as I wish we could all get in and drive this thing around it makes sense that it prob won’t happen. I more on the team of being able to walk around it and maybe sit inside it . Or worst case just be able to see actual real life pictures of each interior and paint color. To see final materials and textures. Real pictures would give a better representation then the build tool.

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
That makes sense , As much as I wish we could all get in and drive this thing around it makes sense that it prob won’t happen. I more on the team of being able to walk around it and maybe sit inside it . Or worst case just be able to see actual real life pictures of each interior and paint color. To see final materials and textures. Real pictures would give a better representation then the build tool.
FWIW the press vehicles are very much special pre-production vehicles. To give the best impression to the press, those are really taken care of.

Think of it like any auto show. Ford will display a new vehicle, but not let you in because it’s pre-production. For your eyes only, because the refinement may not be there yet and turn customers away.

OP
OP
G.ATX.M

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I g
FWIW the press vehicles are very much special pre-production vehicles. To give the best impression to the press, those are really taken care of.

Think of it like any auto show. Ford will display a new vehicle, but not let you in because it’s pre-production. For your eyes only, because the refinement may not be there yet and turn customers away.
yeah that makes sense, except ford is currently letting ppl sit in and video and walk around pre production vehicles now as we speak. They have a few cars on a press tour that are far from complete production models.
Again I’m asking if or when an actual production model will be available to see. It’s really more of a question for someone that works for Ford or knows their plan.

chocdante

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Pro4x Frontier, 2012 Mazda MX5 SE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sure hope they have some type of program that allows us to review both the two door and 4 door versions in person, and to test drive them if at all posssible before we place our orders in December. I will have a hard time ordering a product that could cost $50K, sight unseen. (I don't count viewing it on a computer screen as adequate)
Sponsored