Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some posted a dealer in Houston would have Broncos in November to look at.
Sponsored

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though that salesman said that to me I think no one knows anything yet. I believe they'll do it like Chevy did with the Vett and have local events with invites sent by email.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was auto nation in Houston, Gulf Fwy
I am ordering from Auto nation on gulf freeway as well. I was told by the General manager that they do not know when or if they will get a floor model for customers to come and see.
He does not think he will. According to my sales rep they will be only receiving customer special orders as they are delivered to the dealership and that the dealership itself is not able to order any for itself to sell to walk in customers since Ford will be doing its best to deliver for custom preorders first. The dealership will be ordering for itself only when the rush of initial orders is over.

He also told me that they are not charging any markups but also not giving any discounts obviously...selling at MSRP.

I suspect when they have eventually some floor models to sell to walk-ins they will charge extra.

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hahaha I'm flattered! This is something that I actually don't know. However, I have to believe that there will be some sort of tour where they display (or even allow test drives) Broncos at different places across the country. The Ford Ranger had a drive tour at the end of 2018 that was very successful, so I think they would do something similar with Bronco. However, COVID puts a huge question mark on top of all of this. I guess it depends where we are later this year.

Pre-production builds are happening at the plant later this year. Tooling Tryout (TT) builds start in late September, while Pilot Production (PP) starts in mid-December. So it is conceivable that there will be plant-built vehicles for this type of event. But again, COVID will dictate a lot of this.
2 questions on this - haven't much thought about the life cycle of how a car makes it to production. 1) Do these pre-production models get hand built in a separate R&D factory/plant and 2) what happens to TT vehicles? Thanks for the inside scoop!

Sponsored

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great questions!

1. Yes, prototype vehicles all get hand-built at a facility known as NMPDC (New Model Programs Development Center), although some build and repair work also happens at Roush 9. All of the Broncos we have seen thus far were built in one of these two facilities. However, TT and PP vehicles are built at the factory (in this case, Michigan Assembly) on the assembly line.

(Random side note: The 2020 Explorer was a bit of an anomaly because the TT and PP builds were done at a separate building close to Chicago Assembly. They did this so they wouldn't have to slow down the main assembly line an possibly cause supply issues. This is one of the reasons the Explorer had such a rough launch because the TT and PP builds weren't actually performed on the main assembly line.)

2. TT and PP vehicles are the first vehicles that can be considered "saleable". This means that they can technically be sold to the public once we are done testing them. However, some TT and PP vehicles still have pre-production parts on them and often have to be updated with production parts before they can be sold at auction. Because of this, and because of how much test vehicles get abused, TT and PP vehicles are often scrapped after they serve their purpose.
Totally fascinating thank you !

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great questions!

1. Yes, prototype vehicles all get hand-built at a facility known as NMPDC (New Model Programs Development Center), although some build and repair work also happens at Roush 9. All of the Broncos we have seen thus far were built in one of these two facilities. However, TT and PP vehicles are built at the factory (in this case, Michigan Assembly) on the assembly line.

(Random side note: The 2020 Explorer was a bit of an anomaly because the TT and PP builds were done at a separate building close to Chicago Assembly. They did this so they wouldn't have to slow down the main assembly line an possibly cause supply issues. This is one of the reasons the Explorer had such a rough launch because the TT and PP builds weren't actually performed on the main assembly line.)

2. TT and PP vehicles are the first vehicles that can be considered "saleable". This means that they can technically be sold to the public once we are done testing them. However, some TT and PP vehicles still have pre-production parts on them and often have to be updated with production parts before they can be sold at auction. Because of this, and because of how much test vehicles get abused, TT and PP vehicles are often scrapped after they serve their purpose.
Yes - Thank you!

I am going to give it some time before I ping my Ford resource and inquire if/when they are going to have some demo models out and where they will be (location-wise).

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Even though that salesman said that to me I think no one knows anything yet. I believe they'll do it like Chevy did with the Vett and have local events with invites sent by email.
Showing of the 2020 mid engine Corvette was very limited, didn’t make it all states. No drives. Most were look only. 300 mile drive for me to see one. Hope ford does better. Would like to see 4 door and 2 door in person prior to order.

Cactus

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 4Runner, 95 911 Carrera
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do I track one down in my area? I would also like to see the size, interior, etc.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would be awesome to see one before ordering. At least hoping for color samples of paint

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best I could come up with is to get my dealer to let me know when the Sport starts rolling in to see actual colors. It's not perfect but it's something, haha.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You gonna tell them before you drive it ?
I already have, since most people want to test drive in the morning or afternoon. Plus, if I didn't, the dealer would wonder why the seeing-eye-dog is in the front passenger seat. /sarcasm

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best I could come up with is to get my dealer to let me know when the Sport starts rolling in to see actual colors. It's not perfect but it's something, haha.
This was my idea but the Sport they brought through northern Cali was black, lol.
Sponsored