May 18: change to Jun 21
Jun 26: change to Aug 23
Jul 31: change to Aug 30
Aug 7: change to Sep 27
Sep 7: dealer told me it's Nov 8
Oct 1: change to Nov 15
Oct 16: change to Nov 22
Oct 21: change to Dec 6

I know others have had production date changes as well, but I wish I'd get a date set, even if it's 2022 instead of constantly dangling a date in the near future.

To add to it, my dealer Koeppel Ford in NYC is completely unresponsive. Does not answer texts, phone calls, voice mails, or emails. I had to go in person only for him to ask if I wanted to switch to a soft top, not knowing I already had a VIN for 5 months.

All in all, it's been a pretty crappy experience. I guess my question is: Can I change dealer without impacting my order? And are those constant production date delays normal at this point?
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a VIN so you have no way to switch dealerships
Hopefully you have a signed purchase agreement

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN you can't change your dealer. If you didn't get a VIN email and didn't know you had a VIN for 5 months how did you find out about all the build date changes??

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You reserved in January, some people order that exact same build back in July and can’t even get a vin. If your dealer has that few people in line I would be expecting a surprise from them. There is a reason no one else is using them.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it looks like Dec 6 is going to stick unless they decide to boot you into MY22 (something that hasn't been done for anyone yet AFAIK). MY22 production begins the following week. Your dealer can't really do anything or tell you anything at this point; it's in the factory's hands.

Anyone with a non-FE MIC and a VIN is kind of the low man on the totem pole for MY21 production. FEs and Dirt Mountain are higher priority, and probably the MIC 1.0 crowd too. Yes, there are some people who have received MIC 2.0 tops on non-FEs, but Ford figures that if push comes to shove they can move orders like yours into MY22 without causing WWIII.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chacman1

chacman1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have a VIN you can't change your dealer. If you didn't get a VIN email and didn't know you had a VIN for 5 months how did you find out about all the build date changes??
My bad, I meant the dealer didn't know I had a VIN. Which is why I was surprised he asked if I wanted to switch to a soft top.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my timeline so far for my 4DR OBX non-Sas MIC high package:

Jan 16: Reservation
Feb 2: Order confirmed
Apr 15: VIN + scheduled for production Jun 14
May 15: change to Jun 28
May 18: change to Jun 21
Jun 26: change to Aug 23
Jul 31: change to Aug 30
Aug 7: change to Sep 27
Sep 7: dealer told me it's Nov 8
Oct 1: change to Nov 15
Oct 16: change to Nov 22
Oct 21: change to Dec 6

I know others have had production date changes as well, but I wish I'd get a date set, even if it's 2022 instead of constantly dangling a date in the near future.

To add to it, my dealer Koeppel Ford in NYC is completely unresponsive. Does not answer texts, phone calls, voice mails, or emails. I had to go in person only for him to ask if I wanted to switch to a soft top, not knowing I already had a VIN for 5 months.

All in all, it's been a pretty crappy experience. I guess my question is: Can I change dealer without impacting my order? And are those constant production date delays normal at this point?
Really? Jan 16 reservation? Don’t bitch and moan please. People (like me) reserved six months before you and have crickets so far.

BroncoBillyEd

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my badlands sasquatch loaded 4 door in July this year. NorCal dealer. Soft top. Last month got my vin w/ build date of Dec 6 also. Interesting. Feel bad for people who have been waiting all year. But we all know why the delay. Seems as though early orders are taking long time for build. And orders today will take a year from now. I must have ordered mine in that sweet spot window. But yea December 6 is mine too...interesting. good luck everyone ... on their orders.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the others, surprised you got an early vin off of a late reservation. 100,000+ reserved before you did. Still put my stomach in knots reading thru the change dates. The hard top and your late reservation timestamp probably has something to do with the constant rescheduling

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Jan 16 reservation? Don’t bitch and moan please. People (like me) reserved six months before you and have crickets so far.
I don’t see any bitching and moaning. He’s been rescheduled 9 times over 5 months, and his dealer is completely ignoring him. He has a right to vent a little.

Plus, if he got a VIN on April 15th, I’m pretty sure he’s a first or second day reservation. The January 16th “reservation” date was probably just a typo, and he really meant “order” date.

So maybe cut him a break? He’s a new member, and that was his very first post.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chacman1

chacman1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t see any bitching and moaning. He’s been rescheduled 9 times over 5 months, and his dealer is completely ignoring him. He has a right to vent a little.

Plus, if he got a VIN on April 15th, I’m pretty sure he’s a first or second day reservation. The January 16th “reservation” date was probably just a typo, and he really meant “order” date.

So maybe cut him a break? He’s a new member, and that was his very first post.
No worries, appreciate the support. I actually did place my reservation in January and was fully expecting a 2022 date so I was hugely surprised when I got an early VIN. But it's been an emotional rollercoaster since then lol.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to rub it in for people who have gone through the same issues for a much longer period. It's just the constant rescheduling has been disheartening, and I was looking for answers because I can't get any from my dealer.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your going to have a lot of people jump in front of you now for MY22 ... esp those that deferred ... you will prob be a MY23 ... good luck

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your going to have a lot of people jump in front of you now for MY22 ... esp those that deferred ... you will prob be a MY23 ... good luck
No, he has a VIN specific to 21MY. His vehicle is going to get built this model year. It may get delivered after 12/31/21, but it will be built on or before 12/10/21 (approximately).
Sponsored