Sponsored

Production delay because of 2nd tier suppliers?

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After the briefing that Ford gave dealers, is there a possibility that the delay in production is because they can't get enough parts to build our Broncos? Would that be the reason why we are still seeing frankenbroncos come off the assembly line? Like why is there a Badlands being built with stock headlights? Is it purely because they're pre-production or is it because they only have so many parts available right now? I know the dealers aren't allowed to disclose some information, but with @Granger Ford offering a bigger incentive to October reservations and everything being constantly pushed out or changed (B&P, Basesquatch, etc), the bored/impatient conspiracy theorist in me is predicting there's not enough lego pieces in the box to build enough toys for all of us to play with.
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yep, saw it in the JEEP forums several times. One time builds were delayed on those that required a <$100 module the supplier went belly up. Another time it was the Perforated Leather seats.

It only affected builds that needed those items.

Mine

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To expand on "yes"; commodities are a know build hangup and they likely won't add too many parts they're concerned about running out of to the test ones.

*Bronco6G* If ThIs MeAnS tHe FaNcY HeAdLiGhTs WiLl DeLaY mY BuIld i'M oUt!!!!!!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Detroit, so we got a lot of local news around the auto industry. I read the auto and business sections in the local "papers" and get a lot of feeds from other industry sources (all the same stuff available to anyone). There are definitely a lot of pressures on manufacturing right now. Suppliers, trade issues and Covid restrictions in plants and offices are all contributing to a tough situation. Good or bad, Ford has the F150 and Bronco launches that are literally make or break for the survival of the company, so I think they will put everything they have into both. The new CEO is a car guy and has a long history with Toyota and Ford, so hopefully it's not a bad thing they are changing CEOs right as these two launches are in full stride.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What production delay? They are moving along at the rate they stated they would. Franken—vehicles are a common thing. They are just testing everything before real production begins.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What production delay? They are moving along at the rate they stated they would. Franken—vehicles are a common thing. They are just testing everything before real production begins.
Agreed. Plus if I was building stuff to prove out my line design and tooling, only for those to go to crash testing (or any destructive testing), I'd use my cheaper commodity headlight assemblies as well. Less cost.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Ford isn't near as worried about the wrong grille on the wrong truck as B6G seems to be. As long as it fits and the line works as planned they don't care how many holes are in a grille.

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to argue and I'd love to be proven wrong, but if they're only testing vehicles that are going to be trashed anyway, then why do these units have the signature lighting on them if it's not a necessity?
Ford Bronco Production delay because of 2nd tier suppliers? 1601387502586

I'm sure I'm reading too much into things. Like I said - bored and impatient :giggle:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to argue and I'd love to be proven wrong, but if they're only testing vehicles that are going to be trashed anyway, then why do these units have the signature lighting on them if it's not a necessity?

I'm sure I'm reading too much into things. Like I said - bored and impatient :giggle:
Ha. You probably are. They will be testing everything. Expensive lights, cheap lights, whatever, to get the kinks out. I doubt Ford really cares about their cost difference between two different lights.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Saw it with the all new 14 corvette. Certain options would delay the ability to order. Had two wait two months for cexposed carbon fiber roof and dash due to supplier could not keep up with demand.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Those are “show models”. They’re used to garner interest in the 6G Bronco.
The newer pics (coming off the factory line) are to test the automation/robot programming, fit of grills, lights, etc. They are also probably going to be used for crash tests, etc.

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope the Robot tech / repair crew doesn't get covid .

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hope the Robot tech / repair crew doesn't get covid .
My comment was from September. So, obviously things have changed a bit. :LOL:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want a 2021. Only built to customer order. Future collectors will research and find that mine was built for me. Plus, I want to be the first one in my neighborhood to have one...
Sponsored