Sponsored

Production, Sales, Inventory & Dirt Mountain?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been tracking these numbers over time:

1635954532524.png

I constructed this to get an approximation of the number of ponies on Dirt Mountain and to track production, sales and inventory.

Some points:

* Gross stocks (vehicles on dealer lots? The numbers are not shown here) have risen from 0 in June to 6,200 in October.

* From June through August, production was much higher than sales and you can see that Estimated Dirt Mountain grew quickly (note I have deducted inventory from production to get to Estimated Dirt Mountain).

* Estimated Dirt Mountain has been dropping at a healthy rate beginning in August.

* Beginning in September, Sales and Production have been about the same number each month.

* If we assume a run-rate of about 8,000 per month for the remainder of the 2021 model year, MY21 production will be about 40,500; maybe 48,500 for the calendar year.

* If we assume the same 8,000 per month for MY22, MY22 production will be about 96,000.

* If 120,000 of the MY21 reservations were converted to orders (ignoring people dropping off, code 99's, etc) and given 32,000 produced to date (ignoring that some of these are post-March 19 orders), given 6,200 in dealer stocks, there are about 85,000 MY21 reservations to build. In a perfect world at 8,000 a month, it will take 11 months to clear these.

* Hopefully the monthly build rate grows.
Sponsored

Last edited: