Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is there going to be another “update” email sent at 4:00 tomorrow?
No, thank goodness. Eventually the story will come out and things will make sense. Especially the slide to 23 for painted tops.
Sponsored

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi John. I got a build date for my base 2d manual today. I hadn’t seen jack about bases either and was pretty discouraged. It’s pretty bare bones, just added roof rack, floor mats and door keypad. Reservation was 14 July, build date is 9 August. There is hope.
So I'll be looking for some reviews come mid-August if all goes well for you D, sometihng that actually relates to my purchase decision...thanks

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Was at my dealer earlier today getting a title for my purchased lease f150 and had my salesman check on my Bronco build date.. it showed 7/16 after being 7/14 for the past few weeks. Then I got this an hour ago.. 🤔

Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon Screenshot_20210701-201647_Chrome

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was at my dealer earlier today getting a title for my purchased lease f150 and had my salesman check on my Bronco build date.. it showed 7/16 after being 7/14 for the past few weeks. Then I got this an hour ago.. 🤔

Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon Screenshot_20210701-201647_Chrome
This is normal. With the shut-down next week, your parts are sequencing after the build was authorized and sent to the plant. 7/16 will be the day yours comes off of final.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Curious, did they offer you more than the previous lease buy out?

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'll be looking for some reviews come mid-August if all goes well for you D, sometihng that actually relates to my purchase decision...thanks
Happy to, start making your list of questions. Barring delays, I hope to get it in about 6 weeks.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious, did they offer you more than the previous lease buy out?
Flipping to Vroom for around 5k profit. Dealer only offered $1000 over lease buyout. (Used 150 isn't super valuable in Metro Detroit with everyone getting employee pricing) Vroom will ship it to TX to sell.

Did the same thing with my wife's Explorer. She only had 16k miles on a 3 year old vehicle. Carvana price on that nets us 7.5k, which is going right into Bronco down payment.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Flipping to Vroom for around 5k profit. Dealer only offered $1000 over lease buyout. (Used 150 isn't super valuable in Metro Detroit with everyone getting employee pricing) Vroom will ship it to TX to sell.

Did the same thing with my wife's Explorer. She only had 16k miles on a 3 year old vehicle. Carvana price on that nets us 7.5k, which is going right into Bronco down payment.
Cool. Thanks, Debating on buying/leasing my Bronco. Never leased, so trying to gather information...

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cool. Thanks, Debating on buying/leasing my Bronco. Never leased, so trying to gather information...
It's not typical to make money on a lease at the end. The chip shortage causing limited vehicle supply, combined with very low mileage due to last year's covid restrictions has created a very seller friendly market right now.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ross, @PREMiERdrum let me describe my situation and see if I understand your guidance.

I selected a dealer, along with approximately 65 other buyers, for pricing/knowledge/communication. The dealer was allowed 17 allocations for MY21. I was not within the allowed allocations even though I have an early 7/14 timestamp. The dealer described my position as being “on the bubble”. With the movement to soft tops, buyers with timestamps in the mid July period and later have taken all the available allocations. I shed all but one of the constrained commodities (2-door with MIC top) to prevent falling further behind. As constrained commodities stabilize and 2-door buyers have buildable Broncos, will the allocation rule prevent their receiving a MY21?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross, @PREMiERdrum let me describe my situation and see if I understand your guidance.

I selected a dealer, along with approximately 65 other buyers, for pricing/knowledge/communication. The dealer was allowed 17 allocations for MY21. I was not within the allowed allocations even though I have an early 7/14 timestamp. The dealer described my position as being “on the bubble”. With the movement to soft tops, buyers with timestamps in the mid July period and later have taken all the available allocations. I shed all but one of the constrained commodities (2-door with MIC top) to prevent falling further behind. As constrained commodities stabilize and 2-door buyers have buildable Broncos, will the allocation rule prevent their receiving a MY21?
17 of 65 was their final allocation number? That seems incredibly low, like the first round of allocation estimates that came out.

Your build and timestamp look favorable for a MY21, but if 17 is the true allocation number you'd need a lot of code99s, cancelations, and constrained builds ahead of you.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
17 of 65 was their final allocation number? That seems incredibly low, like the first round of allocation estimates that came out.

Your build and timestamp look favorable for a MY21, but if 17 is the true allocation number you'd need a lot of code99s, cancelations, and constrained builds ahead of you.
The allocation of 17 was shared with me early in the process. If that has changed, I am unaware of the revised figure. I would gladly continue my efforts to shed constrained commodities, but my 2-door seems to prevent further actions. I was/am hoping for information regarding options for 2-door buyers who might consider soft tops. I sense time is running out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Made my last order change, my Wildtrak is now a Badlands without a tow package. I'm holding out for MIC top, 2.7, and Sasquatch though. I considered going soft top so that I can later add a white modular, but gosh I just have no faith hard tops will be available for order down the road.
Curious...how do you want a WT, but then gonto a BL....and even worse, keep the thing that is preventing you from getting your WT in the first place (the MIC)?

If a person wants a WT their next go to would be a built up Big bend with Sandstone but soft top. (That build can = a WT basically) or maybe a Obx if you wanted the Lux or High Package. But to go from a WT to a dark and plastic interior And to a build that cost just as much as a WT (or in your case more if you kept the MIC).

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or did Ford say they won't be able to fill all allocations as originally calculated?
<--- this. Ford tossed allocations basically out the window with their last e-mail. They will fill a dealers allocations with Stock if they have no clean orders they can build.

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is normal. With the shut-down next week, your parts are sequencing after the build was authorized and sent to the plant. 7/16 will be the day yours comes off of final.
So the blend date is the day our Broncos should come off the line? Mine is 7/2 so, I'm hoping I get a delivery window sometime in the next few days. Thanks for all the information you provide as well! Hoping my Bronco gets shipped out next week even though the shutdown is on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.