Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if this has been asked yet but is my mechanic going to want to kill me if I get this done and he then has to work on something or even change the oil? I assume if I wanted to add any other under carriage protection (control arm/shock skids) I should add before getting this done?
Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was just gonna climb under mine a spray the undercarriage with WD-40 every fall?
That's the way they did it years back up north here in Michigan.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I list my location as Pentwater, MI because we have a cabin there. But I live in Birmingham... same salt as you. Lots of back and forth from the West side of state though... only difference is the addition of sand to the salt mix there. My office is also in downtown Detroit, but I've been working remote... Not sure I can take credit for how well the Explorer held up... Kudos really go to Ford. I got the truck when our older son was 1 year old. He's now 15 and will be assuming ownership. He's in driver's education right now. I'm not sure he fully appreciates what he has been given... but I'm teaching him how to take care of it.
"Where the HELL is Pentwater"

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are expecting delivery in the next 7-9 days, and one of the first calls I'll make will be to Alpha Cars to get on their schedule. You mentioned your shocks were "black" but in at least one of the original pictures that seemed to be post-treatment, they were still yellow? Its nitpicky, of course, but I'm wondering if they can cover the shocks to keep them yellow?
Yes I’m sure they would tape them off if you request it. Those can rust also but the yellow does look cool.

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
“I know an old farmer that bought a 78 brand new off the lot and as soon as he got it home he took a weed sprayer full of used motor oil and sprayed every inch of the underside of his truck also sprayed all of the little nooks and crannies that he could get into in the bed the cab and the engine bay, as soon as he finished he took it for a drive down a silt filled dirt road about six times.

Long story short when he passed away last year his truck was still rust free....i realize that i live in a dry area but my truck has lived its entire life in the same area and it has the rusted out fenders and it has seen the same kind of work and use.”

Sponsored

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow really thorough and thanks for the information. Alpha Cars id right up the road from me so maybe I will take my soon to come Bronco Raptor to them.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow really thorough and thanks for the information. Alpha Cars id right up the road from me so maybe I will take my soon to come Bronco Raptor to them.
Awesome I look forward to seeing your Raptor around town.

broncofanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Following up on this @SkyKing - how has your rust proofing held up?

I am likely going to be receiving a bronco in a few short weeks and was planning to get it ceramic coated and rust proofed.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following up on this @SkyKing - how has your rust proofing held up?

I am likely going to be receiving a bronco in a few short weeks and was planning to get it ceramic coated and rust proofed.
It still looks like it was put on yesterday. No sign of deterioration. As mentioned earlier, I believe the process is just as important as the product.

Reactions: GAN

broncofanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored
OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

have you had any warranty work done? I will likely go with alpha in Boxborough given your review.

only slight concern i had was reading through this thread about a warranty claim denied due to undercoating near the gas can

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/warranty-denied-because-of-fluid-film-undercoating.55824/
Yes I have had warrantee work done under the Bronco - including the recalled front drive shaft and boot, and the dealer had no issues or comments about it (Acton Ford). They were familiar with Alpha Cars and agreed that Alpha does excellent work.

broncofanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes I have had warrantee work done under the Bronco - including the recalled front drive shaft and boot, and the dealer had no issues or comments about it (Acton Ford). They were familiar with Alpha Cars and agreed that Alpha does excellent work.
Did you purchase through Acton?

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)