First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pcar
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: this issue is what caused the coolant leak and stranded Bronco at this thread:

Just got the Bronco delivered today. After reading stories about coolant leaks, I decided to take a look and see if there were any issues. I found that a nut on a pulley was contacting the coolant hose. It had chewed through the nylon weave protecting the hose and started to work into the rubber hose. This was only after 32 miles! I gave it the quick zip tie fix as mentioned in other posts. Seems ok now and will follow up as part of the first service.

Posting this for other 2.7L owners. Pls do a quick check. A $0.25 cent zip tie may save u! Here is a pic (after the zip tie fix), u can see the mesh on the hose is frayed, the nut closest was the culprit.

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 9B2C02A0-74CF-4A6C-9563-0A48F77BB944
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely bringing zip ties to pick mine up if this isn't fixed by the time I take delivery.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m gonna need someone to make a YouTube video about how to find this exact location under hood…

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked for this today on mine and hope I located the right hose. If looking down from above the engine, it's right of middle, pretty much in between center line and battery, right? If so, in my case the hose is a good inch away, but I'll still put a zip on it, just have to get a good quality outdoor one. If looking down from above it's a somewhat triangular opening between hoses and pipes, if I found the correct one. Lots of stuff in there, so want to be sure. A video would really be helpful, definitely something you want to check or tell your dealer to check as part of their prep before delivery.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like in front of idler pully

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t find thread but has to be issue for guy and his son driving home from SAC?? Coolant leak and tow home.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The idler pulley seems to be most common but in my case it was rubbing the center of the A/C pulley. This picture is taken from above the radiator looking straight down at the A/C pulley. Hope that helps.
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose PXL_20211022_192717130.MP

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the Bronco delivered today. After reading stories about coolant leaks, I decided to take a look and see if there were any issues. I found that a nut on a pulley was contacting the coolant hose. It had chewed through the nylon weave protecting the hose and started to work into the rubber hose. This was only after 32 miles! I gave it the quick zip tie fix as mentioned in other posts. Seems ok now and will follow up as part of the first service.

Posting this for other 2.7L owners. Pls do a quick check. A $0.25 cent zip tie may save u! Here is a pic (after the zip tie fix), u can see the mesh on the hose is frayed, the nut closest was the culprit.

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose PXL_20211022_192717130.MP
Zip tie repair complete! Mine was not touching but it was very very close. I'm not sure if mine was in the exact same place or not. Here are pictures for my location. It appears that there are already manufacturers clips in there holding hoses to one another, either way an additional one can't hurt. Also after extreme visual scrutiny I noticed my AC return line has wire loom around it and was contacting the engine and was slightly melted, no damage really but a very slight pressure adjustment on that hose fixed that issue as well moved it maybe 1/4".
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_210531
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_210554

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: this issue is what caused the coolant leak and stranded Bronco at this thread:

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_210554
Looks like my 9/13 build OBX already has this fix, thankfully. Hose is not near the pulley (pic 1), and there is a zip tie holding the hose back (pic 2). Another zip tie may be in order, however.

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_230938

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_231001
Sponsored