First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just took delivery of my FE today. The hose was rubbing the pully. PITA getting the Zip tie in there unless you've got spaghetti arms. Had to hook a few together
Sponsored

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine (2/25 build) is a good inch + away from the nut, but trying to get two hands in there to put a zip tie on seems impossible?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this still an issue? (I'm not counting Broncos coming off of dirt mountain).

I thought any newer builds had taken care of this.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this still an issue? (I'm not counting Broncos coming off of dirt mountain).

I thought any newer builds had taken care of this.
I was thinking the same. I think they added a clip that holds it out away from the pully but it would be good to check it out upon delivery ;)

Sponsored

TWise

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr 2.7 Bronco Outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking the same. I think they added a clip that holds it out away from the pully but it would be good to check it out upon delivery ;)
I took delivery last month. That clip is there, but it does basically nothing.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery last month. That clip is there, but it does basically nothing.
Well that's sort of its job :sneaky: to make sure the hose does nothing, or are you saying that the hose is still up against the pulley or can move and hit the pulley?

TWise

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr 2.7 Bronco Outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well that's sort of its job :sneaky: to make sure the hose does nothing, or are you saying that the hose is still up against the pulley or can move and hit the pulley?
There are 2 flexible hoses in the area. One that is straight up and down, which is not an issue at all. The second hose, the way it comes in, is bent in a way that pushes it towards the pulley. There is a round clip on the straight house. The bent hose is zip tied to the clip on the straight hose from factory. The clip itself is just loosely grabbing on to the straight house and cannot be tightened. Because of this, the bent hose can freely shift around. I imagine that if I cut off the factory clip, nothing would happen. The bent hose would remain in the same sketchy position with our without the factory clip. The clip is under no tension and is doing no work to hold anything in place. That's what I mean when I say it is doing nothing.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome info thanks! I just put a zip tie on mine. It was resting on the bolt, but wasn't eating the hose, at least yet. It took longer to find my zip ties than it did to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 flexible hoses in the area. One that is straight up and down, which is not an issue at all. The second hose, the way it comes in, is bent in a way that pushes it towards the pulley. There is a round clip on the straight house. The bent hose is zip tied to the clip on the straight hose from factory. The clip itself is just loosely grabbing on to the straight house and cannot be tightened. Because of this, the bent hose can freely shift around. I imagine that if I cut off the factory clip, nothing would happen. The bent hose would remain in the same sketchy position with our without the factory clip. The clip is under no tension and is doing no work to hold anything in place. That's what I mean when I say it is doing nothing.
I haven't received my Bronco yet so I haven't seen the clip. Would you recommend using a zip tie regardless?

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes anyone feel better, my Bronco was just built in June and it looks like this issue has been addressed. My hose is nowhere near the pully.
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose C3BA9221-67CC-4C6D-8EC4-D3766A37103B
Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 3C9FECB9-5D00-4AB0-9D3F-C98316EDEDB5

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes anyone feel better, my Bronco was just built in June and it looks like this issue has been addressed. My hose is nowhere near the pully.
C3BA9221-67CC-4C6D-8EC4-D3766A37103B.jpeg
3C9FECB9-5D00-4AB0-9D3F-C98316EDEDB5.jpeg
You‘ll probably be fine for a while with that size of gap. Mine was like that after delivery last December, but I still tied hoses back in two locations just as a precaution. Remember, things get very hot in the engine bay when the engine is running, and the metal and rubber parts heat up, expand, and move around a bit over time, so I would still recommend tying that hose back simply to create more space in front of the rotating pulleys.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You‘ll probably be fine for a while with that size of gap. Mine was like that after delivery last December, but I still tied hoses back in two locations just as a precaution. Remember, things get very hot in the engine bay when the engine is running, and the metal and rubber parts heat up, expand, and move around a bit over time, so I would still recommend tying that hose back simply to create more space in front of the rotating pulleys.
Thanks! I’ll do that and also keep an eye on it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just picked up our Bronco a few weeks ago and ours had a decent gap but I still zip ties it for piece of mind. I did see further down the 2 hoses are clamped but it doesn't look like it helps much.
Sponsored