Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow. Come on, Ford - get your act together. soft tops rubbing paint off the roll bars, coolant hoses rubbing against pulley bolts, trim pieces falling off (windshield frame and by the taillights), what else?
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Bronco. I'll check it in the morning.

The 2.7 engine looks cleaner in my bronco than past examples I've seen. I think they've changed/improved it a bit. All the wiring harnesses that were flopping around are all nearly ziptied and tucked out of the way.

My bronco is a brand new build (not dirt mountain) so is the V2 for this model year. Not sure if they changed it or just doing a better job.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A zip tie on a rad hose from the factory?

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my Bronco. I'll check it in the morning.

The 2.7 engine looks cleaner in my bronco than past examples I've seen. I think they've changed/improved it a bit. All the wiring harnesses that were flopping around are all nearly ziptied and tucked out of the way.

My bronco is a brand new build (not dirt mountain) so is the V2 for this model year. Not sure if they changed it or just doing a better job.
Interesting. Mind posting a pic so we can check it out?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add another data point to the list. FE, so 2.7 engine. This all happened earlier today (Friday): Literally drove it off the lot, after about a mile or so, stopped at a red light - there's that sweet burning odor. (I had not focused on any of the coolant threads in the forum so there was nothing to suggest this problem to me - it was very obvious). I continued home another 2 or 3 miles - strong odor in the cabin, white smoke/steam coming from under the hood.

I mean, FFS!
Yeah. Mine did the something similar. It's a coating burning off the engine or exhaust from manufacturing I believe. My buddy noticed it right away and said his Harley smelled the same when he picked it up last week. Dealership Bronco expert said other units did it as well. It largely disappeared before I made it home. I'm curious as well. No other issues to speak of though.

I wouldn't say steam.. just a light smoke from what looked like burning oil. Reminded me of machine shop oil like you'd use on a lathe.

Update 72 hours later: Zero smell now. It all burned off and everything is perfect. Zero issues mechanically so far, but have not done anything in 4L or 4H. The 4A is a MUST with the 2.7 though as the traction control is always going nuts due to lack of traction at acceleration. May need to drive slo.. Sloo.. nope, cant even say it, much less do it.

Last edited:

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Total bs shouldn't have to carry zip ties for 50k vehicle 🙄
Apparently having engineers work from home during a new product launch isn't a wise idea.

What else did they miss?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total bs shouldn't have to carry zip ties for 50k vehicle 🙄
No, you shouldn't, but if you refuse to use a 3 cent zip tie to protect your 50k vehicle, I guess you should contact your dealer and hope for the best.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember early 2020 when all those camo-covered vehicles were being driven around, and we were told those were Broncos being road-tested?

Or did I just dream that?

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked in mine and its tight but seems clear but MAN its a tight mess in there. I will keep an eye on it though.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you shouldn't, but if you refuse to use a 3 cent zip tie to protect your 50k vehicle, I guess you should contact your dealer and hope for the best.
I'm a no vin dude so making a list.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like my 9/13 build OBX already has this fix, thankfully. Hose is not near the pulley (pic 1), and there is a zip tie holding the hose back (pic 2). Another zip tie may be in order, however.

20211022_230938.jpg

20211022_231001.jpg
Sorry that the first pic was pretty dark. Phone's flash just wasn't getting down there. Tried to lighten up the pic here to hopefully better show the separation between the pulley bolt and the hose.

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 20211022_230938
Sponsored