First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Gloff think this is worth having the techs at Serramonte add this to the PDI checklist?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@crummer I'm not sure how you got that pic/angle, it’s a bed of snakes in there. I can barely see the belt and pulley.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I ordered the 2.3L. My dealer would likely deny the warranty claim because I "modified the cooling system" if they found a zip tie on there preventing a catastrophic failure.
Because of a problem that can be fixed with a zip tie and a flashlight? Umm.

It's called sarcasm. Making a joke out of what the dealer would do if they saw I had fixed Ford's failure. Sorry that went over your head.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How were you all able to get your hand down in there to zip tie it down? It’s a very tight space.
It's easy to get your hand down there on the right side right by the fan. Where people were showing it originally it's impossible to get your hand down there. I kinda give an idea on the previous page, but it's hard to get a good pic

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not unless an FSA or recall is issued.
Fair enough....I only brought it up because I saw @flip said he told his PDI folks weeks ago to check for this and add the zip tie if there was contact. He also said he put it on the Ford message boards. I suppose if this is a big enough problem they may issue an FSA or recall. I'll try to remember to check my Bronco when it comes in.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fair enough....I only brought it up because I saw @flip said he told his PDI folks weeks ago to check for this and add the zip tie if there was contact. He also said he put it on the Ford message boards. I suppose if this is a big enough problem they may issue an FSA or recall. I'll try to remember to check my Bronco when it comes in.
We do keep an eye out for stuff like this and pass it to Ford. Ford has a system for concern reporting.

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you just imagine what the engine bay would look like if we had our dream engine, the 5.0 Coyote, stuffed in there.! I’d like to see.!
How were you all able to get your hand down in there to zip tie it down? It’s a very tight space.
@crummer I'm not sure how you got that pic/angle, it’s a bed of snakes in there. I can barely see the belt and pulley.

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine wasn’t rubbing and had about 3/4” clearance. Still went ahead and tied it back like the others. Was a minor pain in the ass.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has plenty of clearance. Badlands which came off the line first week of September. There also appears to be some kind of retaining strap about two inches wide wrapped around the tube

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep on mine the hose sitting right up near that pulley nut. No signs of wear @ 200 miles but I zipped her up. Long zip tie from front by fan helps to reach. The clip ...

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was able to get a 14” tie around both of the lines tied to the turbo plumbing, the two smaller lines really flopped around. Attached is a pic with the camera further away to shoe the battery and location of the zip tie added. The circled line is the trouble line.

Ford Bronco PSA for 2.7 engine: check belt pulley nut for contact with coolant hose 02BB51B4-4AA8-4DF4-A8CE-D3C7BF42F965
Sponsored