Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could be, Eco terrorist do all kinds of stuff to logging equipment etc...but we all know in the eyes of the media there is no such thing.

Had a buddy riding his dirt bike on a public trail in Florida and someone strung barbed wire across the trail at neck height, it was on a straight away where normally he’d be hauling @ss, he had slowed down for another buddy to catch up when he hit it. Cut his neck up good.
In my dirtbike riding days, I've come across similar "terrorist" activities... wire stretched across a trail after a blind turn, box of roofing nails dumped on the downside of a small hill/jump...

the degree to some people will go...
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I'm with @H0pelessOpus. I'm also currently serving military.

Times are tough for everyone, and for some, it's a lot tougher than for those of us who can afford a new Bronco.

Some of you are ready to kill to protect your property and family, I'd bet you would be willing to die for them too, so think about that for a second.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Happened here not to long ago, except an off duty cop went to stop them and he got killed. Over catalytic converters. I do business with people in the scrap industry (welding shop) and we made sure our guy does not buy converters.

The guy I get my glasses from had his A/C stripped of all the copper, had it fixed and they came back and stole it all again. So he asked us to make him an A/C cage this time.

People suck and will steal anything that ain't nailed down or overprotected.
Must be in Houston, I remember the cop story. It was in a grocery store parking lot of all places if i remember correctly

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What if, maybe, people are just doing this to vandalize and not actually steal the fuel.

Drill and run! I just can't imagine someone waiting for a gas can to fill... but then again, I can't see why someone would want to vandalize a vehicle by drilling a hole in a tank, slicing a tire, breaking a window.

Guess I'm just not wired that way.
THis was big a few years back here in Houston. The news did a report on it. Thieves were spiking tanks with railroad ties so they could just keep coming back. Imagine you filled up today and came out tomorrow to find a half empty tank, and upon inspection there’s a railroad tie in your tank….😂😂😂🤬🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rws
OP
OP
Jwredneck

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much to plug it, then install a 2" wide dummy tank next to it full of sulfuric acid?
I'm thinking a motion sensor hooked to bear mace underneath the Bronco. Or at least hooked to some really loud air horns. Don't want to mace a kid fetching their ball.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apparently it's too hard to just call police and confront people for some of the badasses in here. Also, it'll be interesting to read about these same folks going to jail because not all states will allow you to just shoot someone over a few hundred dollars.
How long do you think it will take the cops to show up? Do you think it’s faster than the guy can run off? Do you think this is just one guy and he doesn’t have friends? Do you think these criminals are abiding by local gun laws? 😂😂😂😂

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
full body skids from metalcloak would stop them
i doubt it. What metal is used in these plates that stop the drill? Perhaps the metal gets so warm that a fire starts….that would be interesting and cut down on repeat offenders.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i doubt it. What metal is used in these plates that stop the drill? Perhaps the metal gets so warm that a fire starts….that would be interesting and cut down on repeat offenders.
For reference it’s 3/16” steel with gold zinc coating.

The gas tank is plastic.

Which do you think they care to drill through?🤷🏼‍♂️ Sure it’s not 100% protection, but it’s damned sure a deterrent.

Reactions: Jdc

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
......what the actual fk..?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long do you think it will take the cops to show up? Do you think it’s faster than the guy can run off? Do you think this is just one guy and he doesn’t have friends? Do you think these criminals are abiding by local gun laws? 😂😂😂😂
In order:
1.depends on where you live,
2.Again it depends,
3. could be one or more, neither of us were there. Situational awareness is important even if you have a gun.
4. I'm not sure why you brought up this last question.

It used to be that people believed that the punishment should fit the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.