Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco PSA If airbag light comes on, check door Screenshot_20210804-222457_Photos

So when i was off roading at Rausch Creek this weekend the light above for the airbag came on.
Wasn't sure why, so i called my local dealer and set up an appointment. Also the power points on the dash are not working.
My appointment was for today. They called this afternoon and asked when was the last time i had my doors off. It had been about a week. The service tech said that the electrical plug for the door was loose and when the tech touched it, it poped off. So i would surmise that it was jarred loose while off roading. So if you see the airbag light, give the door connection a check and maybe it will be the problem.
As to the power points on the dash, apparently the harnes to the points was bad and they have to order a new one that should be in on the 10th.

BTW, dealer was very good perfesional and took good care of me, even though i didn't purchase from them. They actually made the comment it was kind of weird the first one on there lot is in for service!!! They dont have any idea when they will get there first one!!!

So, maybe this will help someone down the road!!!
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they say they airbag light was triggered by the loose door connection?
I don't think a loose door plug would cause an airbag light considering the only power going to the doors would be for power locks and windows.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dont even think there are airbags in the door.... maybe the pillar...but not the door. Sounds like hot air...or smells like it

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Folks have reported all sorts of odd behavior when the doors are off... So yeah, at this point I wouldn't have been surprised to find out the engine shut off or the goat modes stopped working because a door connector was loose.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco PSA If airbag light comes on, check door Screenshot_20210804-222457_Photos

So when i was off roading at Rausch Creek this weekend the light above for the airbag came on.
Wasn't sure why, so i called my local dealer and set up an appointment. Also the power points on the dash are not working.
My appointment was for today. They called this afternoon and asked when was the last time i had my doors off. It had been about a week. The service tech said that the electrical plug for the door was loose and when the tech touched it, it poped off. So i would surmise that it was jarred loose while off roading. So if you see the airbag light, give the door connection a check and maybe it will be the problem.
As to the power points on the dash, apparently the harnes to the points was bad and they have to order a new one that should be in on the 10th.

BTW, dealer was very good perfesional and took good care of me, even though i didn't purchase from them. They actually made the comment it was kind of weird the first one on there lot is in for service!!! They dont have any idea when they will get there first one!!!

So, maybe this will help someone down the road!!!
Sounds like a good dealer. They deserve a call out on here.

Sponsored

segt1915

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My airbag light came on the 2nd day I had it home (2.7L Black Diamond). I've never taken the doors off. It's going back to the dealer Monday, if I get an answer worth anything I'll update.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the old days, wires carried power, now they also carry data. That data travels through the whole electronic system. Different modules grab the data relevant to it's needs and ignored the rest, then the data keeps flowing to the next. So you could in some situations get an airbag code for wiring issues in the door circuit, because the data for the airbag is skewed or didn't get to the air bag module. Not that this is the case here, but it is possible. I bet there some good videos that will explain it in simple terms.

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My airbag light came on the 2nd day I had it home (2.7L Black Diamond). I've never taken the doors off. It's going back to the dealer Monday, if I get an answer worth anything I'll update.
What happened with yours? I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and noticed my airbag light coming on the past two days.
Sponsored