Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the link?
I don't really have a way to post it easily, but if you got the "It's time
to update your Bronco order" email it had a link to the Build and Price tool.
Sponsored

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I still am not getting anywhere with my dealer, also when I went to talk to them the manager was out and my sales person told me he would email the 23 confirmation sheet which he did. A couple of things were incorrect. I called him to correct my order but either none of them are informed of the order process or they may be trying to pull a fast one.
I emailed a couple of links to him that would explain the process and I’ll call or go there soon to ask again for confirmation of my order.
Well I received an email from ford saying my order was updated. I’m going to call the dealer and try and get the order change paperwork.

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I understand the process, the dealers only get so many trucks to sell (allocation process), so they lose money on every pending order that gets set for MY 23. This is because every old order that doesn't get converted means that they will still get that truck through their allocation and there are no restraints on what they can add to the MSRP on that truck.

Those of us with these old orders are a financial loss to the dealer since it means it will have to sell us a truck with no additional dealer markup or silly add ons.

They are going to get only so many trucks to sell. They make more money from the new orders.

Hard to imagine that any dealer is going to feel any financial motivation to make the old order process easy.

On the other hand, I may just not understand the situation.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I understand the process, the dealers only get so many trucks to sell (allocation process), so they lose money on every pending order that gets set for MY 23. This is because every old order that doesn't get converted means that they will still get that truck through their allocation and there are no restraints on what they can add to the MSRP on that truck.

Those of us with these old orders are a financial loss to the dealer since it means it will have to sell us a truck with no additional dealer markup or silly add ons.

They are going to get only so many trucks to sell. They make more money from the new orders.

Hard to imagine that any dealer is going to feel any financial motivation to make the old order process easy.

On the other hand, I may just not understand the situation.
I think you understand the process perfectly 😉

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is absolutely nothing preventing the dealerships from adding on ADM's or other add-ons except their own integrity. We have seen plenty of horror stories here where the buyer walks in only to be greeted with a 5, 10 or 15k ADM on the Bronco they have been waiting on for months or years.

I disagree. If a dealer doesn't fill all their allocations with rollover orders then they are stuck ordering non-Squatch Big Bend flappy tops for dealer stock. I would think an optioned up OBX, BL or WT that is price protected from 2 years ago would have about the same amount of profit and hold back in it compared to a current model year Big Bend. Yes, they can sell a few of those at a premium but the market would soon be saturated with less desirable lower trims and quickly level off.

Last edited:

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This may have been covered. I contacted my dealer by e-mail. He sent a new preview order, carrying over from 22 with all the options, etc. I signed and dated the order and faxed it back with my driver's license as I had for the original 22 order. I'm I good? Haven't had a response from FORD confirming anything.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This may have been covered. I contacted my dealer by e-mail. He sent a new preview order, carrying over from 22 with all the options, etc. I signed and dated the order and faxed it back with my driver's license as I had for the original 22 order. I'm I good? Haven't had a response from FORD confirming anything.
I had ford confirm my order and an email confirming a correction my dealer had made.
My dealer doesn’t seem to want me to keep my order so I’m questioning everything and quadruple checking my order.

JMullikin51

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang , 2004 BMW M3 , 2022 BMW 330I M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thankfully my dealer was on top of this . He contacted me weekly leading up to my actual conversion date , and knew all the details . Finally turned my 7/20/20 Res into an order yesterday . Somehow I`m first in line at my dealer when it comes to unfullfilled reservations. Their only other undelivered order was a Raptor that was built this week . Fingers crossed it shows up relatively quickly .

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got my order confirmation last night, checked my backdoor management page and it is configured exactly how I told my dealer that I wanted my Heritage Edition!

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1664965974335

Now, I'm in a holding pattern... waiting... again... I really hope that these start getting delivered near the beginning of Q2 2023 and not the end, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope that these start getting delivered near the beginning of Q2 2023 and not the end, but I'm not holding my breath.
Congrats. It seems that the HE builds are finally getting processed and the emails going out. However, Ford hasn't really figured out the under promise and over deliver thing yet, they are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum, so don't be shocked when the first HE doesn't show up until late Q3.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the last announcement of PP going back to date of order and the ability to move trims and still get PP from original date, how does ordering a Heritage Edition work price wise?

Does Ford take what your PP on your current build and just apply the same amount to the new order for the Heritage? For example, if I'm PP $2,995 on my base build from date of order to '23, would I get $2,995 in PP for a heritage?

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the last announcement of PP going back to date of order and the ability to move trims and still get PP from original date
I think that was one dealers liberal interpretation of the Ford FAQ's and has yet to be confirmed by Ford or anyone else. Per the FAQ, additional PP info is still forthcoming so don't think anyone can accurately answer how PP is going to work on the HE or if trim changes will truly be covered.

It would be nice if Ford published that info before tomorrows scheduling but I wouldn't count on it.

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally converted my July 2021 reservation to an order a couple days ago. I also switched dealers on my reservation a day before ordering due to feedback on this forum about local dealers. I communicated with Ford via instant messaging and received my priority code (19). Dealer thinks that by the time I get my Bronco, it will be the 2024 model year. Oh well, maybe a redesigned 2024 4Runner will be out by then and I will have another option.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Need some advice: I received a PDF of my DORA today from the dealer via eMail, which accurately reflects my order (which was an August 2021 reservation, originally ordered in December 2021 for MY22 (with a DORA at that time), and now converted to a MY23 order). The DORA just lists my first name initial followed by my last name, but otherwise doesn't list my full name and address at the bottom (those sections are blank). However, I confirmed with Ford's 800-number today that the order is linked to me, my original reservation number, my name, eMail, phone number and address in their system.

In any event, it's a Priority Code 19 and a Price Level 315, so all feels relatively standard. The price listed on the DORA matches the online build that I did. The dealer had me send them my drivers license and has communicated with me via eMail (which is how they provided me the DORA). All that said, they haven't had me sign the DORA, haven't had me execute a signed purchase agreement or otherwise formally bound this purchase legally.

So my question is, should I be worried? I don't want to push the dealer and demand a signed purchase agreement if that isn't really standard for most of us waiting on our Bronco. This dealer has assured me that there will be no dealer markup, etc. and has been very upfront with me throughout the process. They said recently they have no idea when (or if) I'll ever receive my Bronco and that they have a huge backlog (they are a small dealer in a very small town).
Sponsored