First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The COVP site was not working correctly yesterday and doesn’t appear to be today either. Be sure to stay on top of your dealer and ensure it is completed. I am a salesman and have an order in since Nov 2021. I just updated my order and I received the email from Ford for confirmation. BUT the COVP did not go through yet. Be aware.
My dealer is telling me that the ordering banks have not even opened up yet. I can't stand it anymore. I'm planning on switching my order to a heritage edition but I have zero confidence it will ever arrive. I'm already making arrangements to get a different vehicle. If the Bronco shows up in a few years, I'll flip it.
Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same and then I added some. Ford put some respek on my 10/202 reservation time stamp!
This became my plan after much internal debate.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted some of this in another thread but felt it was worthy of its own thread to bring it to people’s attention. I know too many have been through this process before but a lot of it bears repeating and it will be helpful to some of our newer members.

Several have posted that their dealer said (I know, drink) that their order has been converted and there is nothing else the buyer needs to do. While that is not entirely false, it is not accurate either. The buyer should be proactive and request their order Preview Order sheet (commonly referred to on the forum as a DORA). Confirm that your options are indeed correct, and the proper Priority Code has been assigned (code 10 – 19). If your code shows as a 99 then you will not be eligible for scheduling. If your order remains a Priority Code 99 it will be deleted after Nov 21st. Don’t wait on your dealer to call or email you.

Read, and re-read, the updated Ford FAQ to further educate yourself on the ordering process and price protection. Ford has stated, but not yet detailed, that there will be a level of price protection for those switching to a Heritage Edition or converted to a WT 3.0. As of this posting not all information is available, but it is apparent that Ford will be honoring and adjusting the price protection program. Be proactive and educate yourself, don’t rely on everyone here to answer your questions and certainly don’t rely on your dealer or Ford Customer Service to give you accurate information.

Also, remind your salesperson about COVP (Fords process to verify the buyer is legitimate). Some dealerships do not appear to be very proactive about this step. Let your salesrep know you will be sending them a photocopy of your drivers license upon order confirmation so they can verify your order and complete the COVP process.

Lastly, take this opportunity to agree on pricing with your dealer. Communicate via email so you have a paper trail. Get a written purchase agreement if possible, or at least have the DORA signed, and be sure to have a sales manager or GM sign the documents as there is no guarantee your salesperson will still be employed when your Bronco arrives. For this step you may have to actually visit the dealership.

The first round of MY23 scheduling is supposed to take place on October 6th (subject to change because this is Ford). I would advise everyone to have the re-order process completed and verified by the end of next week (Friday 9/30). However, do extend your dealer and salesperson a bit of grace as WBDO (Ford’s ordering system) can get overloaded and run slow. Those switching to a Heritage may think they have plenty of time but will want to update and verify their order so they don’t accidently get scheduled. And no, you will not be able to order the Limited Edition Heritage, I don’t care that it is shown on B&P.

There also seems to be some misinformation about MY22 scheduling still floating around (shocking, I know). MY22 scheduling is complete. There will be no more. You need to come to the realization that MY22 is not into you and move on.

And No, if you don’t have an existing order or reservation then you cannot currently order a Bronco. Ford plans to evaluate the amount of orders they have sometime late Q4 and will then make a determination on when to open up the order banks to the public.

If any dealers or insiders have additional information to add please do so. This has been a Public Service Announcement.
Thanks for this.

hwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im so glad my dealer has their shit together. Theyve been very proactive and have been communicating with me almost every week. Today they switched me over to a 23

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is telling me that the ordering banks have not even opened up yet.
If you talked to them yesterday they might not have been open yet. Keep trying until you get your order updated.

After my insistent inquiring, my salesman SWEARS that there is nothing customer needs to do for converting existing order to 23 (including COVP). Not sure how to navigate this issue at this point….
Get a copy of your DORA so you can verify your order and pushback on the COVP. Ask him to double check the MY23 playbook for COVP info and process. I also added some additional COVP info and links to the first post.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get a copy of your DORA so you can verify your order and pushback on the COVP. Ask him to double check the MY23 playbook for COVP info and process. I also added some additional COVP info and links to the first post.
Thanks for all the info. I may just have to talk to a manager. I sent salesman thread links and everything.

RadarX42

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2007 JK, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just finished up at my dealer. Placed order for Heritage Limited (in Robin's Egg Blue) Priority Code 19 (not sure if thats good or bad). Signed a couple docs, but not sure it's everything I need, so this thread is very helpful.

**EDIT** Scatch above, tried, didn't work out. Modifed back to Badlands with SAS. ugg

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished up at my dealer. Placed order for Heritage Limited (in Robin's Egg Blue) Priority Code 19 (not sure if thats good or bad). Signed a couple docs, but not sure it's everything I need, so this thread is very helpful.
How does he know what HE limited he is even getting? 2DR, 4DR.....a Sport perhaps?

RadarX42

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dunno..other than my order documents from the dealer and a price tag north $70k before my A plan kicks in. Maybe I don't understand your comment/question.

**Nope, I was wrong.** Badlands SAS instead.

Last edited:

Sponsored

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This doesn't apply to me but I was curious. If you have a Wildtrack order that is now coming standard with the HOSS 3.0 pkg in '23, are you on the hook for the $2,500 MSRP increase - even with price protection? This was the one thing that really didn't make much sense in the Ford FAQs. I read it several times and it seems a little sketchy to me.

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunno..other than my order documents from the dealer and a price tag north $70k before my A plan kicks in. Maybe I don't understand your comment/question.
Only 1966 HE-L's are being made this year so your dealer is not even guaranteed to get one let alone order one. Supposedly Ford is just going to send them one when it is their turn. Oh, and A-plan is not available on the HE-L. Unless you are the dealer's owner, a top customer or relative and still willing to pay a $50k ADM then I highly doubt you will be driving a HE-L anytime soon. I advise you have another conversation with your dealer.

From the FAQ that apparently nobody bothers to read:

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1663879469623

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1663879326239

RadarX42

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm with you. Not sure how it's working, but the system took the order. Im guessing a roll of the dice. Hey, if it gets kicked out of the system then I'll just modify it to a badlands.

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is telling me that the ordering banks have not even opened up yet. I can't stand it anymore. I'm planning on switching my order to a heritage edition but I have zero confidence it will ever arrive. I'm already making arrangements to get a different vehicle. If the Bronco shows up in a few years, I'll flip it.
I can confirm the banks have been opened. My order has been processed and my dealer confirmed that COVP has been accepted. He's sending the confirmation to me shortly once he finishes other peoples orders.

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you. Not sure how it's working, but the system took the order. Im guessing a roll of the dice. Hey, if it gets kicked out of the system then I'll just modify it to a badlands.
It won't get processed. My concern would be that it just sits there forever and does nothing, or worse, slips to a priority code 99 and gets cancelled.
Sponsored