First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm being told right now that I can't change my 2022 ordered Base to a Black Diamond. They say it will be a different order. Do y'all know if that's true?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm being told right now that I can't change my 2022 ordered Base to a Black Diamond. They say it will be a different order. Do y'all know if that's true?
That ones tricky, lets consult the Ford FAQ and see what is says about updating or making changes:

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1664207721376

So yes, it appears that you can change your order. Well, technically you can't change your MY22 order, but since Ford already converted/duplicated that order as a MY23, you can make changes to that one.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That ones tricky, lets consult the Ford FAQ and see what is says about updating or making changes:

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1664207721376

So yes, it appears that you can change your order. Well, technically you can't change your MY22 order, but since Ford already converted/duplicated that order as a MY23, you can make changes to that one.
They are saying I can update my Base order like removing Sasquatch or adding a roof rack. But can't change to a Black Diamond because it would be a different order.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Has anyone successfully gotten a COVP email for a Heritage? My dealer sent me the preview order with priority code 10, but he said the body code isn't in the other system yet.

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are saying I can update my Base order like removing Sasquatch or adding a roof rack. But can't change to a Black Diamond because it would be a different order.
Not true. You can change models but will end up sacrificing some level of price protection. Is this your salesrep telling you this? May need to speak with the sales manager or pay them a visit in person to sit down with them to make the changes.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not true. You can change models but will end up sacrificing some level of price protection. Is this your salesrep telling you this? May need to speak with the sales manager or pay them a visit in person to sit down with them to make the changes.
Yeah. I agree with @BlueBronco I'd read through this link and go talk to whoever is telling you this. You could send them this link as well.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I‘ve learned anything from the MY23 conversion process, its that we (on the forum) know way more than most dealers about how this all works.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah this was sitting in front of my sales guy. He was running to the back talking to the Manager. I wasn't able to talk to the manager.

And they said they aren't doing the COVP.... ridiculous.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah this was sitting in front of my sales guy. He was running to the back talking to the Manager. I wasn't able to talk to the manager.

And they said they aren't doing the COVP.... ridiculous.
I'd send the link to your sales person and/or manager. Then ask to follow up with them and how they'd like to proceed. Ford can put out all the literature they want, but if dealers and their reps don't read it, then unfortunately the customer has to push forward. Otherwise you might get left behind. Good luck.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd send the link to your sales person and/or manager. Then ask to follow up with them and how they'd like to proceed. Ford can put out all the literature they want, but if dealers and their reps don't read it, then unfortunately the customer has to push forward. Otherwise you might get left behind. Good luck.
Yeah sent it to the sales guy, we'll see what he says.
When I was there he had the order sheet with a priority 99 saying that it's already in the queue to be built and should be soon if I don't change anything. I said if it has a 99 it's going to get canceled so how can he think that....

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I got pushed to 2023...are there in restraints currently? Anything I should take off to better my chances?
My dealer said the towing package was showing as a constraint when I redid my order last Friday. With the constraint list being a moving target in my estimation from calls to Ford last year, I told him to just put it back on my MY23 order...

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just went to the dealership to confirm my transition to 2023. They said they can't keep the tow package I had in my original order. In pretty sure it's BS.
Anyone else run into the same issue?
I'm also getting screwed on Price Protection. I freaking hate dealerships.
My dealer added my tow package back in that I originally deleted last year for my MY23 reorder. It was included on the build sheet that I signed and emailed back to them...

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got back from completing the COVP process, painless and took a little more than 5 minutes, would have been less time, but system dropped the aux switches and salesman had to add back to order and reprint.

Unfortunately after completing the COVP, the price updated to the current B&P and the salesman didn't know when the PP offer would come or how much. I was hoping that because on Friday the link on Ford's site was showing a '23 with a $1,495 lower price than the '23 B&P that it was showing PP, but PSYCH!

I kinda knew it was wrong, when no one else was seeing PP on their orders, I was just hoping somehow my dealer knew what he was doing more than the average cat.

Kcjetchaser

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indian Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just signed the paperwork for my 23 Badlands yesterday and it was confirmed through Ford. Took a second look at the form. "Priority 99". I'll be reaching out to my dealer again...
Sponsored