BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted some of this in another thread but felt it was worthy of its own thread to bring it to people’s attention. I know too many have been through this process before but a lot of it bears repeating and it will be helpful to some of our newer members.

Several have posted that their dealer said (I know, drink) that their order has been converted and there is nothing else the buyer needs to do. While that is not entirely false, it is not accurate either. The buyer should be proactive and request their order Preview Order sheet (commonly referred to on the forum as a DORA). Confirm that your options are indeed correct, and the proper Priority Code has been assigned (code 10 – 19). If your code shows as a 99 then you will not be eligible for scheduling. If your order remains a Priority Code 99 it will be deleted after Nov 21st. Don’t wait on your dealer to call or email you. Lately there has been some misinformation posted on the forum about priority codes.

Read, and re-read, the updated Ford FAQ to further educate yourself on the ordering process and price protection. Ford has stated, but not yet detailed, that there will be a level of price protection for those switching to a Heritage Edition or converted to a WT 3.0. As of this posting not all information is available, but it is apparent that Ford will be honoring and adjusting the price protection program. Be proactive and educate yourself, don’t rely on everyone here to answer your questions and certainly don’t rely on your dealer or Ford Customer Service to give you accurate information.

Edit. Updated MY23 PP Flowchart and Ford PP FAQ.

Also, remind your salesperson about COVP (Fords process to verify the buyer is legitimate). Some dealerships do not appear to be very proactive about this step. Let your salesrep know you will be sending them a photocopy of your drivers license upon order confirmation so they can verify your order and complete the COVP process.

Lastly, take this opportunity to agree on pricing with your dealer. Communicate via email so you have a paper trail. Get a written purchase agreement if possible, or at least have the DORA signed, and be sure to have a sales manager or GM sign the documents as there is no guarantee your salesperson will still be employed when your Bronco arrives. For this step you may have to actually visit the dealership.

The first round of MY23 scheduling is supposed to take place on October 6th (subject to change because this is Ford). I would advise everyone to have the re-order process completed and verified by the end of next week (Friday 9/30). However, do extend your dealer and salesperson a bit of grace as WBDO (Ford’s ordering system) can get overloaded and run slow. Those switching to a Heritage may think they have plenty of time but will want to update and verify their order so they don’t accidently get scheduled. And no, you will not be able to order the Limited Edition Heritage, I don’t care that it is shown on B&P.

There also seems to be some misinformation about MY22 scheduling still floating around (shocking, I know). MY22 scheduling is complete. There will be no more. You need to come to the realization that MY22 is not into you and move on.

And No, if you don’t have an existing order or reservation then you cannot currently order a Bronco. Ford plans to evaluate the amount of orders they have sometime late Q4 and will then make a determination on when to open up the order banks to the public. And no transferring existing orders/reservations to other dealerships either.

If any dealers or insiders have additional information to add please do so. This has been a Public Service Announcement.

Edit. It appears a lot of dealers may not be completing the COVP process. Here are a couple of screen shots from the MY23 playbook stating COVP must be completed and another post detailing the process. HT @Beach_Bum bum and @flip

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1663877908664

Ford Bronco PSA / Tips on 2023MY Bronco ReOrdering 1663877851118

COVP stages per flip:
Approved – all proper documents were provided, enrollment has been processed and approved by PHQ.
Hold – enrollment has been submitted but proper documentation is missing.
Pending – enrollment and documents have been submitted and are currently under review by PHQ.
Canceled – Program Headquarters can cancel an enrollment on behalf of the dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well ~my dealer said~ they are getting a little more than HALF of the orders allocated for 2023… they have 68 orders and 35 allocations………… my dealer isn’t similar to granger or Chapman. But it seems like most dealers are already not getting the allocation to fulfil their orders once again…. How long are we going to stay on this ride yall….. I’m one of the earliest orders but there’s no guarantee that I get pulled for 23…… ugh

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And No, if you don’t have an existing order or reservation then you cannot currently order a Bronco. Ford plans to evaluate the amount of orders they have sometime late Q4 and will then make a determination on when to open up the order banks to the public.
Thanks for all this, but especially this part.

I want to order a second Bronco, expecting fully that it will be over a year to get it. Sounds like I need to be communicating with my dealer throughout November/December to get this order placed.

Sponsored

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
“My dealer said” Ford will start sending out update emails for all order holders every 45 days with information or updates about your 2023 order.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope Ford gets it together, and all of our orders “magically” get built for 2023.

Because, there are too many new vehicles on the horizon to wait for over 3 years.

The new 4 Runner, and GX460 are looking pretty good.

I know, not an “open air” experience, but it really feels like getting a Bronco in 2023 is like playing the lottery.

🤣

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very well stated!

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent Writeup. Thank you.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

COVP process is the most important as it contains DL, Name, Order Number, and Order Date along with the most important piece a PA (Purchase Agreement) signed by both the dealer and buyer. The pricing is a bit up in the air for some with all the price protection variations, but you need to set a price.

Dealer will also get an approval email from Ford for the COVP, you should ask your dealer for that confirmation, it wont be sent to the order holder.

All this was spelled out in the dealer handbook actions.

Sponsored

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, this post is priceless. My dealer told me last night that it automatically updated and there was nothing either they or I needed to do. If I had believed them, I would have ended up cancelled. Shit. Show. To. The. MAXXXXXXXXXXXX!

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted some of this in another thread but felt it was worthy of its own thread to bring it to people’s attention. I know too many have been through this process before but a lot of it bears repeating and it will be helpful to some of our newer members.

Several have posted that their dealer said (I know, drink) that their order has been converted and there is nothing else the buyer needs to do. While that is not entirely false, it is not accurate either. The buyer should be proactive and request their order Preview Order sheet (commonly referred to on the forum as a DORA). Confirm that your options are indeed correct, and the proper Priority Code has been assigned (code 10 – 19). If your code shows as a 99 then you will not be eligible for scheduling. If your order remains a Priority Code 99 it will be deleted after Nov 21st. Don’t wait on your dealer to call or email you.

Read, and re-read, the updated Ford FAQ to further educate yourself on the ordering process and price protection. Ford has stated, but not yet detailed, that their will be a level of price protection for those switching to a Heritage Edition or converted to a WT 3.0. As of this posting not all information is available, but it is apparent that Ford will be honoring and adjusting the price protection program. Be proactive and educate yourself, don’t rely on everyone here to answer your questions and certainly don’t rely on your dealer or Ford Customer Service to give you accurate information.

Also, remind your salesperson about COVP (Fords process to verify the buyer is legitimate). Some dealerships d not appear to be very proactive about this step. Let your salesrep know you will be sending them a photocopy of your drivers license upon order confirmation so they can verify your order and complete the COVP process.

Lastly, take this opportunity to agree on pricing with your dealer. Communicate via email so you have a paper trail. Get a written purchase agreement if possible, or at least have the DORA signed, and be sure to have a sales manager or GM sign the documents as there is no guarantee your salesperson will still be employed when your Bronco arrives. For this step you may have to actually visit the dealership.

The first round of MY23 scheduling is supposed to take place on October 6th (subject to change because this is Ford). I would advise everyone to have the re-order process completed and verified by the end of next week (Friday 9/30). However, do extend your dealer and salesperson a bit of grace as WBDO (Ford’s ordering system) can get overloaded and run slow. Those switching to a Heritage may think they have plenty of time but will want to update and verify their order so they don’t accidently get scheduled. And no, you will not be able to order the Limited Edition Heritage, I don’t care that it is shown on B&P.

There also seems to be some misinformation about MY22 scheduling still floating around (shocking, I know). MY22 scheduling is complete. There will be no more. You need to come to the realization that MY22 is not into you and move on.

And No, if you don’t have an existing order or reservation then you cannot currently order a Bronco. Ford plans to evaluate the amount of orders they have sometime late Q4 and will then make a determination on when to open up the order banks to the public.

If any dealers or insiders have additional information to add please do so. This has been a Public Service Announcement.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any insight on Price Protection for us Old heads who reserved 2020, ordered early 2021, then two more times and finally again yesterday? From what I understand, we get a cert # with x amount of dollars to present to the dealer the day of signing and the Ford cuts us a check later to total the amount they are giving that equates to the difference between 2021 MSRP and 2023 MSRP only? Also whats everybody paying for their extended warranty? Is Granger still the best deal? Thanks.

brantleybryant789

Badlands
First Name
Brantley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The COVP site was not working correctly yesterday and doesn’t appear to be today either. Be sure to stay on top of your dealer and ensure it is completed. I am a salesman and have an order in since Nov 2021. I just updated my order and I received the email from Ford for confirmation. BUT the COVP did not go through yet. Be aware.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
COVP process is the most important as it contains DL, Name, Order Number, and Order Date along with the most important piece a PA (Purchase Agreement) signed by both the dealer and buyer. The pricing is a bit up in the air for some with all the price protection variations, but you need to set a price.

Dealer will also get an approval email from Ford for the COVP, you should ask your dealer for that confirmation, it wont be sent to the order holder.

All this was spelled out in the dealer handbook actions.
So I sent my dealer my new build sheet, just changed the color added just about every accessory the 2.7 Badlands can accept without sacrificing SAS. My dealer sent it back Priority 10 but missing the free sound deadening headliner so I sent it back and it was corrected. A few hours later I got an email from Ford saying they received my 2023 order. Is this an indicator that my Dealer has performed the COVP correctly?

ERock62

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just re-ordered/signed with my dealership.

Waiting on confirmation email. We made no changes on our order.
Sponsored