Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion on OTA…..I don’t have a lot of confidence in this new tech, let me explain. First, this is a new way of software delivery and fairly untested on large vehicle populations. Second, a lot of the software updates and module replacements we do requires a solid connection between the IDS/FDRS and Ford’s servers. They are notorious for being down weekly and sometimes for hours during the work day. So much as we’ve had to put people in loaners because the site went down mid reprogram. Three, most folks can’t figure out how to do their own SYNC updates from their owner.ford.com account because it’s complicated. My biggest concern is major updates running overnight and something happens that bricks the PCM (been there, done that too). A tow truck is definitely in your future if you are the unlucky one.

I hope it works because Ford pays squat for my techs to do these updates so in that sense I’m able to make better use of our time. We will see how it works but not super optomistic from the ongoing struggles we have doing the same thing with OE software and a rock solid connection on our end.

I can't even imagine what dealers have had to go through in the last ten years with tech advancements.

I am 59 and struggle constantly just learning how to delete junk mail.

Thanks for your updates. : )
Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2000 F250 7.3 had a bad cam positioning sensor. This would cause the truck to just shut down without warning. Happened to me several times once while trying to pass a semi on the highway, wrestle over to the breakdown lane, no power steering/brakes, motor off, wait a 10 minutes, restart, no CEL. Backroads, put on hazards, wait a while, restart, and we’re off.
Ford knew about this issue and had TSBs but no recall. $80 part but PITA to install. I finally had it fixed when it happened to my wife.. TWICE! Unhappy wife, unhappy life. So I paid up the $500 bucks for the repair. But also filed a complaint with https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls as this was a potential safety issue.
I had forgotten about the complaint until 5 years after I filed I got a recall notice in the mail from Ford stating to bring in for repair or submit your receipt for reimbursement.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My notification. The MIC tops appear to be lousy. BTW, I don’t even own one yet. You are welcome.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i wish there was an OASIS to collect customer wishlist items.

1) Add a soft top option for the two door.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of you know that I’m a dealer, my area of responsibility is parts, service and body.

When you bring your vehicle in for service at a Ford store a report called OASIS (online automotive service information system). This report has a bunch of info like build and warranty start dates, recalls, warranty repair history, technical service bulletins (TSB), special service messages (SSM) along with limited connected vehicle data if your modem is activated.

Ford engineering has put a special message in OASIS for Broncos asking that issues be directly reported so they can look for trends and get on top of things quickly. I am asking everyone that has taken delivery to get into your dealer ASAP when a warning light, water leak, driveability concern or anything else that you think is abnormal. Do not brush problems off as “break-in” period gremlins, there is no such animal.

Getting issues to engineering quickly helps you as well as future Bronco owners. I know it’s not always convenient to get into service but in order for Ford to fix their issues they need the data. PSA over, thanks for your attention.

This is the message that comes up on OASIS.

Ford Bronco PSA to all delivered Broncos: report ALL gremlins and issues to your dealer OASISmsg.JPG
Great guidance

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My whole life I said that I would never buy a first year vehicle. Man did Ford marketing burn me!
Just think of it as being a pioneer for those that come after you :ROFLMAO:

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My whole life I said that I would never buy a first year vehicle. Man did Ford marketing burn me!
Never buy a first year new model, they said. But did I listen? Noooo

Reactions: Axe

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't even imagine what dealers have had to go through in the last ten years with tech advancements.

I am 59 and struggle constantly just learning how to delete junk mail.

Thanks for your updates. : )
I guess that explains the double post :p #30 & 31 ;)

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
After a dealership employee damaged a '21 Ranger, and then they bought it back... I'm not going back to their service dept unless something breaks.
Sponsored