Pulled for Bronco Raptor and told it's going to cost $5k over MSRP

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Joined
Feb 13, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
1,248
Reaction score
1,185
Location
North Las Vegas
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs
 
That's true Stamp, but FoMoCo is blocking me from switching to a dealer that WILL offer me MSRP. We should be able to shop it, like anything else, right?
Ford already said you won't be able to change dealers for the Raptor when the sent out info for it .


Advertisement
 

Porque No

Raptor
Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Threads
2
Messages
15
Reaction score
7
Location
San Antonio, TX
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's true Stamp, but FoMoCo is blocking me from switching to a dealer that WILL offer me MSRP. We should be able to shop it, like anything else, right?
I agree with you. My dealer wants $25k ADM but won’t let me shop/switch to a dealer who will give me a better price. Sad.
 

Bukin67

Raptor
Well-Known Member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
135
Reaction score
179
Location
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Clubs
 
Ford already said you won't be able to change dealers for the Raptor when the sent out info for it .
Everyone that got the email knows that, and I'm agreeing with you. All I'm saying is that at the time we chose the dealer during the G6 process where we were protected at MSRP. We didn't know that we would be stuck with them through the BRaptor process.
 

bajabronco57

Raptor
Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
757
Reaction score
1,560
Location
Nor Cal
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone that got the email knows that, and I'm agreeing with you. All I'm saying is that at the time we chose the dealer during the G6 process where we were protected at MSRP. We didn't know that we would be stuck with them through the BRaptor process.
I'm not saying this was handled correctly but when everyone placed their order originally, they never considered it would be eligible for a Raptor. The Raptor was rumored to be a MY23 not MY22 and everyone figured all the other Broncos would be out the door by then. There are plenty of people who never reserved or ordered the other Bronco trims because they were waiting for a Raptor. There are people sitting out of the current Raptor because they are hoping for a Raptor R.

Again, I'm not saying this is being handled well but to try and say there was a bait and switch from when you placed your original order with regards to the current Raptor situation is inaccurate.
 

Romano

Badlands
Well-Known Member
First Name
Roman
Joined
Dec 10, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
1,541
Location
Portland, Or
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Everyone,

So, I had a second order and was selected for the Bronco Raptor, if I want it. They 99's my order while I learn more. Ford put my order on hold without my permission. Getting the Bronco Raptor is very tempting for sure but I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of. My dealership is selling the regular Bronco at MSRP. So basically, Ford is saying hey we pulled you for the Bronco Raptor, we are putting your original order on hold and go work out the pricing with your dealership. The dealership wants $5k over MSRP and said that's a good deal. I kind of feel like if I was pulled for this then why can't I buy it for MSRP? Let me know your thoughts and if I'm being ridiculous. I'm having a hard time with keeping the order as it was and telling them to take it off the 99 hold status, revising the order a little bit or ordering the Bronco Raptor. They also want me to sign a no resale agreement which stays in place for one year. Basically it lets the original dealer buy back the vehicle at sales price sold to me or they can say no and then I can sell for whatever amount I want. Any input is helpful and I doubt I can get them to agree to MSRP on it but I kind of feel like Ford put my current order on hold, hoping I would now spend more money. On top of that, the dealership said they are charging more also. If I don't take the Bronco Raptor I was pulled for, they get to keep the allocation.
Take it
 

Advertisement

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Oct 10, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
237
Reaction score
584
Location
KY
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs
 
When you sign the “No resale” agreement write (under duress) after your name lol
 

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 14, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
5,609
Reaction score
9,600
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So your dealer wants ADM plus a No Sale agreement? That’s interesting, I assumed it was one or the other but I guess they can do whatever they want.
I would tell them either one or the other... not both. If you want to get 5k ADM, then I reserve the right to flip it. At MSRP, sure, I would sign the one year agreement not to resell it... I was planning on keeping it anyway.
 

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 14, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
5,609
Reaction score
9,600
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL, all the talk of "tell them ADM or No resale , you can't have both.... "

Dealership will be, "OK, pick one. ADM is now $25k or MSRP w/No Resale for 3 years." ...
And even 3 years w/ no resale. Whatever, that's better than the 5k/25k ADM.
 

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
May 14, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
5,609
Reaction score
9,600
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whether we like it or not here is the bottom line: In the golden ticket letter, it states quite simply and literally that the price of the Raptor is up to you the buyer and the dealer that is selling it. The dealer is in the driver seat, period. Ford has spoken. If want to send a letter or email to executive ford management, you are wasting your time.
In reality, it's not up to you and the dealer... It's up to the dealer, because they have all the power and you have NONE.
 

stampede1

Outer Banks
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
2,739
Location
los angeles
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In reality, it's not up to you and the dealer... It's up to the dealer, because they have all the power and you have NONE.
The quote from ford on the Golden Ticket reads as follows, "Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer."
 

Advertisement

Bukin67

Raptor
Well-Known Member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
135
Reaction score
179
Location
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Clubs
 
I'm not saying this was handled correctly but when everyone placed their order originally, they never considered it would be eligible for a Raptor. The Raptor was rumored to be a MY23 not MY22 and everyone figured all the other Broncos would be out the door by then. There are plenty of people who never reserved or ordered the other Bronco trims because they were waiting for a Raptor. There are people sitting out of the current Raptor because they are hoping for a Raptor R.

Again, I'm not saying this is being handled well but to try and say there was a bait and switch from when you placed your original order with regards to the current Raptor situation is inaccurate.
I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I'm not understanding you. I'm not saying FoMoCo did a bait and switch at all. I'm just having issues with my dealer. I feel so fortunate to get chosen for the GT. I just wish I had gone with a different dealer had I known I could have gotten better GT pricing. Nobody even knew about the possibility of this GT thing they created with the Braptor coming out so soon.

I too thought it would be '23 before the BRaptor came out and I would have had my Wildtrak for a year or 2 by the time it hit the streets. I was never intending on waiting for a BRaptor or an R for that matter. I waited long enough for the G6, like we all did. I already have a Bronco racer that's actually set up better than the BRaptor in regards to suspension and power. But the creature comforts the BRaptor will offer were too much for an old guy like me to pass up!
 

bajabronco57

Raptor
Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
757
Reaction score
1,560
Location
Nor Cal
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I'm not understanding you. I'm not saying FoMoCo did a bait and switch at all. I'm just having issues with my dealer. I feel so fortunate to get chosen for the GT. I just wish I had gone with a different dealer had I known I could have gotten better GT pricing. Nobody even knew about the possibility of this GT thing they created with the Braptor coming out so soon.

I too thought it would be '23 before the BRaptor came out and I would have had my Wildtrak for a year or 2 by the time it hit the streets. I was never intending on waiting for a BRaptor or an R for that matter. I waited long enough for the G6, like we all did. I already have a Bronco racer that's actually set up better than the BRaptor in regards to suspension and power. But the creature comforts the BRaptor will offer were too much for an old guy like me to pass up!

No I think I misunderstood you.

The Raptor is definitely a want for me more than a need. I know I could build a more capable prerunner for probably 40K less but like you I want all the creature comforts and I've wanted a Bronco since I was a kid.
 

6gtexanbronco

Wildtrak
Active Member
First Name
Charles
Joined
Jan 16, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
33
Reaction score
76
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take it! My dealer is at $25k over MSRP for BRaptor
 

Kenneth_R

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kenneth
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
482
Reaction score
679
Location
Denver, Co
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Everyone,

So, I had a second order and was selected for the Bronco Raptor, if I want it. They 99's my order while I learn more. Ford put my order on hold without my permission. Getting the Bronco Raptor is very tempting for sure but I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of. My dealership is selling the regular Bronco at MSRP. So basically, Ford is saying hey we pulled you for the Bronco Raptor, we are putting your original order on hold and go work out the pricing with your dealership. The dealership wants $5k over MSRP and said that's a good deal. I kind of feel like if I was pulled for this then why can't I buy it for MSRP? Let me know your thoughts and if I'm being ridiculous. I'm having a hard time with keeping the order as it was and telling them to take it off the 99 hold status, revising the order a little bit or ordering the Bronco Raptor. They also want me to sign a no resale agreement which stays in place for one year. Basically it lets the original dealer buy back the vehicle at sales price sold to me or they can say no and then I can sell for whatever amount I want. Any input is helpful and I doubt I can get them to agree to MSRP on it but I kind of feel like Ford put my current order on hold, hoping I would now spend more money. On top of that, the dealership said they are charging more also. If I don't take the Bronco Raptor I was pulled for, they get to keep the allocation.
If you can afford it I think it is a solid buy.
 

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
403
Reaction score
892
Location
Bar Harbor, Maine
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take it. Pay the $5K. Be polite. When you have the title, leave them a crap Ford dealer survey review, and be sure to email the owner that they’ll never have another penny of your business again and that’ll cost them way more than $5K.

Also, has anyone looked into bait and switch law about this?
Advertisement

 

 
Top