Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Everyone,

So, I had a second order and was selected for the Bronco Raptor, if I want it. They 99's my order while I learn more. Ford put my order on hold without my permission. Getting the Bronco Raptor is very tempting for sure but I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of. My dealership is selling the regular Bronco at MSRP. So basically, Ford is saying hey we pulled you for the Bronco Raptor, we are putting your original order on hold and go work out the pricing with your dealership. The dealership wants $5k over MSRP and said that's a good deal. I kind of feel like if I was pulled for this then why can't I buy it for MSRP? Let me know your thoughts and if I'm being ridiculous. I'm having a hard time with keeping the order as it was and telling them to take it off the 99 hold status, revising the order a little bit or ordering the Bronco Raptor. They also want me to sign a no resale agreement which stays in place for one year. Basically it lets the original dealer buy back the vehicle at sales price sold to me or they can say no and then I can sell for whatever amount I want. Any input is helpful and I doubt I can get them to agree to MSRP on it but I kind of feel like Ford put my current order on hold, hoping I would now spend more money. On top of that, the dealership said they are charging more also. If I don't take the Bronco Raptor I was pulled for, they get to keep the allocation.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get the vehicle you want for the price you are willing to pay.

For me, it's not worth it, but if it's something you want more than your current order, and the all-in price is worth it, then go for it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They aren’t pulling anyone for the Raptor F 150, and around my neck of the woods, those are all listed at $30K mark up. I am not a fan of the Braptor , but if I was and I could buy one at that cost, I would be truly tempted. Believe me, I hate the fact I am paying sticker for my BL, but $5K over sticker for that vehicle , is a great offer “ relatively speaking”.

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand your point. I also feel that 5K over MSRP for this vehicle is not outrageous. It truly will remain a very limited production vehicle and I would pay the 5K and move on if allowed. I wish the 3.0 liter was an option for the Wildtrak that I have ordered. I do believe in "there is no replacement for displacement".

Good luck with your decision.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So your dealer wants ADM plus a No Sale agreement? That’s interesting, I assumed it was one or the other but I guess they can do whatever they want.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you do want the Braptor, take it at the 5k adm. ....
Regular smegular Broncos are being gouged for much more than that.
That said, if you'd rather just have your original bronco build at MSRP, I'd say work that out with your dealer. Either way there's gonna be waiting. Personally, if I could afford a raptor and at 5k markup, I'd do it. They're going to be a lot harder to come by than even the normal bronco is and at much much higher adm.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I personally consider 10% of MSRP reasonable but I understand fighting for MSRP. I would take 5K ADM and try to get an extended warranty or a few years of oil changes thrown in just to make yourself feel like you won.

Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would tell them to drop the resale agreement if they are going to hit you with ADM. one or the other. Try to squeeze back what you can. I would also get on the phone with Ford Customer Service… can you change dealers?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! Our forced state-sponsored middleman strikes again. Gotta get their extra cut. Since, they worked so hard to sell it. :rolleyes:

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would tell them to drop the resale agreement if they are going to hit you with ADM. one or the other. Try to squeeze back what you can. I would also get on the phone with Ford Customer Service… can you change dealers?
If you can afford it and like it over your current build, take it @ $5k over...Since you converted your reservation you cant switch Dealers..Other Dealers are asking for much more. As @KPLOBX says, make them drop the resale agreement. I would also call Ford and open a complaint and they might change their tune.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would draw the line at paying an ADM and having to sign a no sale contract. That would be a no go for me, but its not my deal. I would also have issues because no matter what you do, you could still get screwed with your current order too since the dealer is playing the market game to their advantage.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I work for a Ford dealership and have 25 yrs in the business. I can tell you emphatically, that paying only $5000 over MSRP on a Raptor Bronco is a gift from god! It remains to be seen how cool the vehicle actually is, but most dealers have a list of buyers awaiting allocation numbers, that are willing to pay much more than the $5k ADM you were extended.

Personally, I don’t like the look of the Bronco Raptor but to each his own. Good luck with whichever you decide to go with. The new car market isn’t going to get much better any time soon.
As an added note, the resale agreement might be a requirement of Ford Motor Company. They do this sometimes when they’re concerned that the vehicle may be shipped outside United States. The same thing was required on the Ford GT.

I can send an email to our Ford Regional Sales Manager and try and get confirmation.
Sponsored