buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you know about the law requiring doors prior to buying your Bronco?

It seems like something that wouldn't be very well known to the general public, but your dealer should have mentioned it if they operate in PA.
Sponsored

Bucker

Base
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a Highway Patrol follow me off the freeway. Several miles later he was right behind me as I pulled into the garage. Having an Oh SH.... moment, he rolled down his window and asked if he could look at my Bronco!

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the roof off and it seems like you are in compliance.
It says ā€œunless the vehicle has been modified to the extent that there is no roof or sideā€. It doesnā€™t say that BOTH the roof and side have to be removedā€¦Iā€™d think that it should pass if you have the top removed šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Iā€™m sure others below me have already mentioned it (I havenā€™t gotten that far in the thread yet) but I would not interpret that as saying if you have no roof then you donā€™t need the doors. Since it says ā€œThe doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side.ā€ I take that as meaning exactly what it saysā€¦ the doors donā€™t need to open and close securely if there is no roof. Not that you donā€™t need doors if there is no roofā€¦ just that the required doors donā€™t need to open and close securely if there is no roof.
But Iā€™m no lawyer so donā€™t quote me on that.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had a few really good discussions with local cops in the airport area in Pittsburgh. Most pull up at the stop light and comment on how cool it looks with doors off. I haven't had 1 mention it's illegal though I know technically it is. I did have one that suggested I make sure the doors are on if it's a "happy hour" day to avoid a reason to be stopped. Good advice! And as I saw from another thread, DO NOT LEAVE the back carpet floor mats in if doors are off or you'll have a littering fine to go with it when they fly out. I put the rubber mats back in as soon as I saw the issue.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, when we visit my daughter and her family in Chester County, the local Giant and Wegmans sell beer and wine, but only at specific checkout registers. Go figure. Like all of their employees aren't capable of checking IDs?
It's more likely due to needing to keep the alcohol revenues separate. Every grocery store, Sheetz, etc I've been in has a dedicated register for alcohol sales.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A quick search of the internet regarding Jeeps and apparently our fine commonwealth is the only state that prohibits doorless driving.

Yet we can pilot our 100hp+ bikes without helmets or seat belts.

What if Ford built the Broncos with molle mesh panels and the metal doors were optional?
netted doors are coming. wonder if that would count as a door.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's more likely due to needing to keep the alcohol revenues separate. Every grocery store, Sheetz, etc I've been in has a dedicated register for alcohol sales.
Where I live there will sometimes be a sign that says "no alchohol sales this register". It's always because the person running the register is under 21.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
netted doors are coming. wonder if that would count as a door.
Tube doors, no interest. Net doors, yes please. I doubt a cop would pull anyone over with tubes or nets on.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m sure others below me have already mentioned it (I havenā€™t gotten that far in the thread yet) but I would not interpret that as saying if you have no roof then you donā€™t need the doors. Since it says ā€œThe doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side.ā€ I take that as meaning exactly what it saysā€¦ the doors donā€™t need to open and close securely if there is no roof. Not that you donā€™t need doors if there is no roofā€¦ just that the required doors donā€™t need to open and close securely if there is no roof.
But Iā€™m no lawyer so donā€™t quote me on that.
Not a lawyer myself, but make a living reading legal opinions and historical legal documents (including civil court cases) and I would agree. The word "shall
Where I live there will sometimes be a sign that says "no alchohol sales this register". It's always because the person running the register is under 21.
I'd wager that is not the reason here in PA. Very educated guess.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PA does have some strange laws. Growing up, you could not shop on Sunday except at groceries and pharmacies. Some stores figured out that they could pay the fine and stay open and make a profit. I could see how this could turn towards politics but I am just relating to the odd laws in some states.
Yup, if it's only imposing a fine it readily becomes a business expense.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The title of the thread says no politics but the topic is literally about enforcement of local lawsā€¦. Aka politics.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, the computerized registers are quite capable of categorizing and separating the revenue for different product catagories, including alcohol. Plus, at these stores you can buy regular groceries alongside your alcohol purchases at these assigned registers.
Sponsored