Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does your Bronco like getting dirty as much as mine does? Mine’s always topless so the mud gets everywhere. 😈 I haven’t been brave enough to use the wash out feature yet and I’m looking for advice/videos from those who’ve already done it. Thanks!
Sponsored

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oooops
Misunderstead the thread title :cool:

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does your Bronco like getting dirty as much as mine does? Mine’s always topless so the mud gets everywhere. 😈 I haven’t been brave enough to use the wash out feature yet and I’m looking for advice/videos from those who’ve already done it. Thanks!
Haven't taken it off-yet. 3 weeks doing a big trip with 4 or 5 other cool rigs. So may have a chance.
Sounds like you have been having fun in yours.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hosed the seats front and rear down, no issue. Dash and console still require delicacy and not spraying directly with hose

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The by-the-book method is to que up some Whitesnake or other 80's hairband music, and then find some big hairy guys with short-shorts. These guys will spray each other with a garden hose while sitting in different seats of the car. The runoff will dilute the mud in your floorboards. Pull the floorboard drain plugs early in the process and watch as the liquified mud runs out. Film the process and post on a forum such as this for internet points. Wait 3 months, repost and get more internet points.
You may get some funny smells for awhile after a washout involving mud because the mud draining out lands on exhaust or other parts of the vehicle. This is all part of the experience of the wild.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Keep in mind when Ford says "washout interior" what they mean is you can carefully wash out your floors with a gentle garden hose.

Don't go trying to spray the whole interior down.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The by-the-book method is to que up some Whitesnake or other 80's hairband music, and then find some big hairy guys with short-shorts. These guys will spray each other with a garden hose while sitting in different seats of the car. The runoff will dilute the mud in your floorboards. Pull the floorboard drain plugs early in the process and watch as the liquified mud runs out. Film the process and post on a forum such as this for internet points. Wait 3 months, repost and get more internet points.
You may get some funny smells for awhile after a washout involving mud because the mud draining out lands on exhaust or other parts of the vehicle. This is all part of the experience of the wild.
Warrant, not Whitesnake!

OP
OP
Golfmom

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

oooops
Misunderstead the thread title :cool:
I thought it might
And this, right here, is why bronco6g is the only social media worth using! 🤣 I’m worried about it all drying properly if I really soak it, but I live in the desert so there’s no danger of rusting. The dealer told me I can even spray the dash and vents, but I’m too scared to go that far. I If I try it, I’ll post a video of it here. I also wonder how well it will drain since the lowest part is not where the plug is, but by the door jamb (marked in blue on photo below). I assume the inside will still be very wet and need to be towel-dried.
Ford Bronco Pulling the Plug after some Topless Mud Wrestling CB0BA986-BD82-4DD6-A52D-ED584C18909D

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not what I was hoping for, but fine, we can talk about cleaning the Bronco.

I've been top off for 5 months and doors off for two off road trips plus got caught in a downpour. What I did for cleanup was the water hose without a spray nozzle turned down low and a wash cloth to clean door sills, seat, and floors. No splashing and water only where I wanted it. Most drains out but some will need dried with a towel. Damp towel on all the dash and switches. Even had mud on both the visors. Was pretty dirty but cleaned up nicely.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m available on the weekends! Must supply the unicorn mitt!

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well if pulling the plug after some topless mud wrestling is how Grandpa wanted to go, who am I to stand in the way?