LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Staying in the Ford family but decided to go a more traditional route... '21 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 Supercrew with new 3.5-Hybrid and 7.2 kWatt onboard power.

Reasoning:
- I'm six years from retirement and want a rig to tow a "real" trailer with ease (6,000 lbs min.)
- I can pay it off before riding off into the sunset back to Texas! then touring the countryside
- for the money, it comes loaded with heaps of tech, cushy living room seats and big power!
- i've owned a couple offroad rigs for the past few years and really don't do much 'wheelin'

I know if I stuck with getting a new Bronco that I'd have to get the 4-door Badlands (yes, even though I would never use more than 25% of its capabilities), and want the 2.7 power, the High package at least with strong temptation for the Lux features. Marine vinyl would be fine but I'd probably pay even more stepping up to leather. FE would have been ideal but I missed out on it - thanks to Ford's shitty webpage creators and endless crashing on reveal night. Badlands or Wildtrak or FE would still be spittin' distance away from price paid for my ideal truck.

No matter.... I'd be spending in the mid $50K range to get the rig that I want parked in the driveway. A tick over $60K buys a 4x4 truck with more bells & whistles than I know you'd care to hear about. Even got the Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Prep package (almost a grand) that brings Level III autonomous driving on the highways with over-the-air upgrades coming late next year. Heated & cooled, lay-flat leather seats, B&O Unleashed audio, all the trailer assist features, perimeter zone lighting... list goes on and on.

It was the new Hybrid drivetrain that enticed me over to the dark-side, or at least the full-size. Figures for power, economy and towing capacity are still not published but Ford has said enough regarding best-in-class in every regard for it. So probably around 26-28 mpg highway and at least 10,000 lbs towing, maybe up to 12,000 lbs. Add to that the onboard power storage with all the attributes of a midsized generator for off-grid campsite and it really is the ideal retirement rig.

Don't hate on my too much. I still plan to hang around this forum and keep feeding my fantasy itch to ride around like Schwarzenegger in a zombie-apocalypse badass Bronco. And I know that a bit of envy will hit me every time I see one on the road when that magical time finally comes next year... cheers!

Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck 21 Lariat RR view 2

Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck 21 Lariat RR interior
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Staying in the Ford family but decided to go a more traditional route... '21 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 Supercrew with new 3.5-Hybrid and 7.2 kWatt onboard power.

Reasoning:
- I'm six years from retirement and want a rig to tow a "real" trailer with ease (6,000 lbs min.)
- I can pay it off before riding off into the sunset back to Texas! then touring the countryside
- for the money, it comes loaded with heaps of tech, cushy living room seats and big power!
- i've owned a couple offroad rigs for the past few years and really don't do much 'wheelin'

I know if I stuck with getting a new Bronco that I'd have to get the 4-door Badlands (yes, even though I would never use more than 25% of its capabilities), and want the 2.7 power, the High package at least with strong temptation for the Lux features. Marine vinyl would be fine but I'd probably pay even more stepping up to leather. FE would have been ideal but I missed out on it - thanks to Ford's shitty webpage creators and endless crashing on reveal night. Badlands or Wildtrak or FE would still be spittin' distance away from price paid for my ideal truck.

No matter.... I'd be spending in the mid $50K range to get the rig that I want parked in the driveway. A tick over $60K buys a 4x4 truck with more bells & whistles than I know you'd care to hear about. Even got the Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Prep package (almost a grand) that brings Level III autonomous driving on the highways with over-the-air upgrades coming late next year. Heated & cooled, lay-flat leather seats, B&O Unleashed audio, all the trailer assist features, perimeter zone lighting... list goes on and on.

It was the new Hybrid drivetrain that enticed me over to the dark-side, or at leas the full-size. Figures for power, economy and towing capacity are still not published but Ford has said enough regarding best-in-class in every regard for it. So probably around 26-28 mpg highway and at least 10,000 lbs towing, maybe up to 12,000 lbs. Add to that the onboard power storage with all the attributes of a midsized generator for off-grid campsite and it really is the ideal retirement rig.

Don't hate on my too much. I still plan to hang around this forum and keep feeding my fantasy itch to ride around like Schwarzenegger in a zombie-apocalypse badass Bronco. And I know that I bit of envy will hit me every time I see one on the road when that magical time finally comes next year... cheers!

Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck 1598925504278
I've been looking at the Platinum as an alternate if Bronco pricing comes in too high. I'm already retired and need something easy to get in and out of.

Sponsored

Raidernation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on the new truck. It sounds like you picked up the correct vehicle for your needs. You can always get a Bronco when the time is right. Post some pics of the new ride when you get it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im really wanting a bronco ,but if something better comes along im jumping ship jeep v8,or something cool.
I just think ford ran all the way to the goal line and stopped short to text someone.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Reasoning:

It was the new Hybrid drivetrain that enticed me over to the dark-side, or at least the full-size. Figures for power, economy and towing capacity are still not published but Ford has said enough regarding best-in-class in every regard for it. So probably around 26-28 mpg highway and at least 10,000 lbs towing, maybe up to 12,000 lbs. Add to that the onboard power storage with all the attributes of a midsized generator for off-grid campsite and it really is the ideal retirement rig.

Don't hate on my too much. I still plan to hang around this forum and keep feeding my fantasy itch to ride around like Schwarzenegger in a zombie-apocalypse badass Bronco. And I know that a bit of envy will hit me every time I see one on the road when that magical time finally comes next year... cheers!

For the same price one could get a lariat ultimate package 250/350 Tremor. I’m amazed at the costs for the 150.

Sponsored

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Sounds like it’s going to be a beautiful truck. I’m afraid I’ll end up going the same route but probably with Toyota, even if they’re not as luxurious as the Ford. Toyota is a generation or two behind in that department. Mind if I ask what the out the door price was on the Lariat? Sounds like your truck is more than what I need but very close in desired amenities.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reasoning:

Yea boy..
I just built the same truck today..
No sun top, but about everything else,
Dont need the rear power stuff,
It a riding truck for me.
I know you will enjoy it.
They are Beautiful..
Good job Ford..

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If after personally inspecting my bronco when it eventually gets delivered, it does not pass muster, I will be right behind you on a new 150. That interior is to die for-beautiful truck!
Same here

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mind if I ask what the out the door price was on the Lariat? Sounds like your truck is more than what I need but very close in desired amenities.
Here's the order summary. Over $70k MSRP but tick under $65 Invoice. With X-Plan likely around $63K. Will walk-away if I cannot find another grand in there somewhere to negotiate downward.

Yeah, that's considerably more than most any configured Bronco except perhaps the FE pricing.

F-150 LFX4 RR excerpt.png
Sponsored