First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the order summary. Over $70k MSRP but tick under $65 Invoice. With X-Plan likely around $63K. Will walk-away if I cannot find another grand in there somewhere to negotiate downward.

Yeah, that's considerably more than most any configured Bronco except perhaps the FE pricing.

F-150 LFX4 RR excerpt.png
Thanks for sharing. I don’t thinks it’s considerably more. FE is equal to, well-optioned Wildtrak is going to be $57-60k, same with Badlands. $5-6k in a $60k rig is fairly minimal to me. Any Bronco not pushing that price will be severely less optioned than your truck for sure. It’s a totally different rig but sounds like you’ll get way more use from the F150.
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats on the choice!

That hybrid setup with generator onboard is so damn cool
Ford really put a great package together there

You can take your truck to the trail and power a welder to fix broken Jeep's now

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The f150 is awesome, you should go for it. What was your bronco res # by the way? Just wondering ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on the new tow rig ....I'm certain the Bronco will work for me, but if it doesn't I'm ordering a F250 Crew Lariat 7.3L , just a basic kind of Lariat though, comes in a few bucks under $60k.
Those 20" rims with 34.4" tires are calling me!!! LOL

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Staying in the Ford family but decided to go a more traditional route... '21 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 Supercrew with new 3.5-Hybrid and 7.2 kWatt onboard power.

Reasoning:
- I'm six years from retirement and want a rig to tow a "real" trailer with ease (6,000 lbs min.)
- I can pay it off before riding off into the sunset back to Texas! then touring the countryside
- for the money, it comes loaded with heaps of tech, cushy living room seats and big power!
- i've owned a couple offroad rigs for the past few years and really don't do much 'wheelin'

I know if I stuck with getting a new Bronco that I'd have to get the 4-door Badlands (yes, even though I would never use more than 25% of its capabilities), and want the 2.7 power, the High package at least with strong temptation for the Lux features. Marine vinyl would be fine but I'd probably pay even more stepping up to leather. FE would have been ideal but I missed out on it - thanks to Ford's shitty webpage creators and endless crashing on reveal night. Badlands or Wildtrak or FE would still be spittin' distance away from price paid for my ideal truck.

No matter.... I'd be spending in the mid $50K range to get the rig that I want parked in the driveway. A tick over $60K buys a 4x4 truck with more bells & whistles than I know you'd care to hear about. Even got the Co-Pilot Active 2.0 Prep package (almost a grand) that brings Level III autonomous driving on the highways with over-the-air upgrades coming late next year. Heated & cooled, lay-flat leather seats, B&O Unleashed audio, all the trailer assist features, perimeter zone lighting... list goes on and on.

It was the new Hybrid drivetrain that enticed me over to the dark-side, or at least the full-size. Figures for power, economy and towing capacity are still not published but Ford has said enough regarding best-in-class in every regard for it. So probably around 26-28 mpg highway and at least 10,000 lbs towing, maybe up to 12,000 lbs. Add to that the onboard power storage with all the attributes of a midsized generator for off-grid campsite and it really is the ideal retirement rig.

Don't hate on my too much. I still plan to hang around this forum and keep feeding my fantasy itch to ride around like Schwarzenegger in a zombie-apocalypse badass Bronco. And I know that a bit of envy will hit me every time I see one on the road when that magical time finally comes next year... cheers!

Ford Bronco Punted for a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 pickup truck the island image

Sounds great!! I am a firm believer in buying what suits you, congratulations on your nearing retirement (y) I have about seven more years if I can keep up with the kids in my line of work ( Stunts) That truck looks awesome!.

( plus, it moves me up one space in line ; )

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I looked and priced an XL F150 with the options I want on my Bronco, and found it cost 38k, Bronco would be almost 41k, and even tho the F150 has rebates of about 3500, in the end it's a different vehicle for a different purpose. So back to the Bronco for me, cause I don't need another truck, but a personal go anywhere, winch platform...

Just the way I see it.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Xplan is invoice pricing. My last 2 xplan prices are about $200 less than invoice.
Wow thats 3k more than the F250/350 Tremor 7.3 with Lariat Ultimate package trailer tow/360 and LED lighting. Thats crazy, 150 should be $3-5k cheaper than the 250. Its a great truck just overpriced. Congrats on your purchase though!
Here's the order summary. Over $70k MSRP but tick under $65 Invoice. With X-Plan likely around $63K. Will walk-away if I cannot find another grand in there somewhere to negotiate downward.

Yeah, that's considerably more than most any configured Bronco except perhaps the FE pricing.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good on you. slap some a/t tires on there and its a whole lot more capable then you think (unless yo are an expert 4x4er lol)

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
good on you. slap some a/t tires on there and its a whole lot more capable then you think (unless yo are an expert 4x4er lol)
thanks! I got the FX4 package with more offroad capable front shocks, 3 skid plates, 3.73 locking rear, and Hill Decent / Rock crawl modes.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you need a truck (who doesn't?), you need a truck. I would not be looking at the Bronco if I didn't already have a good truck that I will be keeping. I also don't need anything right away. I had planned to buy something new in 2022, so the Bronco just worked out a bit early.

When was your reservation? We get a little more excited when we know we just moved up!
Sponsored