john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So still trying to figure out which will be better, Leasing or Purchase. What say you all?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to lease just in case Ford has some issues. I am not expecting any but I want a parachute if I need one.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Define what 'better' means to you and how much extra you are willing to pay

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some leases are extremely attractive but not this one IMO...even if you plan to purchase at the end of the lease you still will have paid a premium compared to a purchase. If you plan to keep it purchase it.

Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im going to lease as this is so new and I think it could go either way. Ford could bastardize future releases or they could make them even better. The lease gives me a nice exit.

OvrLnd99

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 BMW Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally, I am leasing mine. I know I will want a new one in about 3 years, so I am leasing. Also, don't listen to the people who bash leases saying you cant modify the vehicle and cant do any trips or go anywhere, its simply not true. If you go the lease route, just make sure you select the right amount of miles for your lease and you are good to go. I have leased several vehicles, including an F-150 using Fords lease program and have had no issues with modifying them and doing the mild off roading I do. I am not a hard core rock crawler type, but I take my trucks and previous Wranglers off road for overlanding trips and off grid camping and have never had an issue when turning the vehicle back in. Also, before anyone says it, no you do not have to save the original parts and put them back on the vehicle when you turn it back in. I have never done this. I always returned the vehicle the way I modified it, and again, I have never had a problem.

My experience with modifying vehicles on a lease and turning them in that way with no issues includes lifts, different wheels, bigger tires, add on lights, and running better wiring for power to back seat or back of jeep for ARB fridge.

My .02 - lower payment with no down payment, new vehicle every 3 years, never out of warranty, can modify the vehicle all I want and take it on any trip I am going to want to do. Why would I not go this route?

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your options are: lease vs 10-15% down at 5% interest on a 60-72 month loan then it really doesn't matter all that much. You'll pay a few thousand extras on the lease if you keep it. The problem with leases is that if you compare them to putting say 20-30% down at 2-3% APR you end up paying many thousands more to keep the vehicle.

To be honest, there is a sizable population of people who like new cars and can afford to blow the cash having a never-ending car payment. There is also a sizable population of people who are stretching themselves for the Bronco; for them, a 3-yr lease offers an easy out if they find themselves in a pickle down the road. They also save the up-front down payment money to put into savings or debt or whatever.

Leases aren't the devil; just his little buddy.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So still trying to figure out which will be better, Leasing or Purchase. What say you all?
It's simple. Whats your plan for this? Joy ride? Mudding, or Rock/dirt road occasionally? Lease for 3 yrs low miles but hard miles. (no matter, under warranty)

Pay the price and never get rid of it and not worried about keeping up with the Joneses.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leaning hard towards leasing. New model. I'm all about reliability. Not as if you can fix it with a socket set, a screw driver and a feeler gauge when it leaves you on the side of the road...

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've contemplated this pickle myself...

Wife's thoughts are, if you're custom building the Bronco you want, why not buy it. It's yours, with exactly what you picked out. (yes, I get it, it's not like we're choosing ground breaking custom options here... in the end it's a mass produced vehicle) But I get what she means.

I've also thought my oldest son will be driving in 5yrs. He can just have the Bronco then, and I can go buy whatever it is I want at that time.

But I also like leasing as it gives you the latest and greatest every few years. But those 3yrs do go by quick. Plus when I was commuting, I was only putting like 5k miles on my car per year. So miles are not an issue for me.

Maybe first year Bronco's will have issues, maybe not. Either way, it's covered in the warranty.

I guess with leasing you could afford a little more too if you wanted. I'm in a BD now, but could easily go BL if I decided to lease instead.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, I am leasing mine. I know I will want a new one in about 3 years, so I am leasing. Also, don't listen to the people who bash leases saying you cant modify the vehicle and cant do any trips or go anywhere, its simply not true. If you go the lease route, just make sure you select the right amount of miles for your lease and you are good to go. I have leased several vehicles, including an F-150 using Fords lease program and have had no issues with modifying them and doing the mild off roading I do. I am not a hard core rock crawler type, but I take my trucks and previous Wranglers off road for overlanding trips and off grid camping and have never had an issue when turning the vehicle back in. Also, before anyone says it, no you do not have to save the original parts and put them back on the vehicle when you turn it back in. I have never done this. I always returned the vehicle the way I modified it, and again, I have never had a problem.

My experience with modifying vehicles on a lease and turning them in that way with no issues includes lifts, different wheels, bigger tires, add on lights, and running better wiring for power to back seat or back of jeep for ARB fridge.

My .02 - lower payment with no down payment, new vehicle every 3 years, never out of warranty, can modify the vehicle all I want and take it on any trip I am going to want to do. Why would I not go this route?
That's really interesting. I've always heard the opposite, that you can't modify your lease. Intriguing!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
From an economic perspective, that's true 99% of the time when considering leases.
Agree 100%. Lease is based on projected residual value. I considered that and if it is higher after 3 years, buy it and flip it if I don't want it, buy it and keep it if I do. Still on the fence on whether to buy or lease...
Sponsored