Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been hearing more and more about the changing landscape of order pricing agreements and dealer bait-and-switching. In particular, those who have seemingly had pricing arrangements with dealerships (formal or informal) that have been rescinded or changed as the vehicle builds and deliveries occur. My question is - what should a buyer require of their dealership in terms of an agreement? Is it a fully signed Vehicle Purchase Order or something else? I am an A-Plan participant, but have heard that dealer acceptance of this program is at their discretion (!). As the conditions with the economy and supply/demand dynamics continue to change, what can/should a buyer do to protect themselves? In the absence of a fully signed contract, are we just left to the will of dealers on price once the build occurs? Any perspective on what to require of my dealership would be appreciated! I trust my salesperson and what he is saying, but the decisions on all of this aren't up to him...
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need a written purchase agreement signed by both parties

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a written purchase agreement signed by both parties
Not true in the 21st century. Digital communication is a contract. The rub is always how much do you want to pursue it and dealers bank on people giving up. Cause let's face it, court is $$$$

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Petition Ford, Mike Levine, and Jim Farley to correct the allocation/reservation system. Then move to a dealer that doesn't hesitate to agree to a fair price.
Sponsored