Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, it is pretty sweet! May hold onto this and buy 2023
Very sharp,love the Army Green. I did the same thing with a 2021 Lunar rock pro-all stock. $1,000 under MSRP so i took the plunge. One Early and one late reservation with Granger (July 14th and october 30th) so i likely will keep the later reservation and get a 2022 Bronco with white top!

IMG_1008.JPG
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thing will hold value, may even make $. The TRD Pro's hold value had to fly to another state to get this one.
!00 % correct on the TRD PRO holdng it's value. I bought a Black one in 2015 for $41,500 and got $37500 on a trade in after I put over 50k miles on it. Traded in on a Cement TRD PRO great 4 x 4's. The biggest problem you'll have is giving it up when your Bronco comes in. I plan on keeping mine for a long time. With two teenage sons, the TRD PRO and Rubicon should keep them the heck away from my New Bronco.
Ford Bronco Purchased a "bridge" Vehicle until the Bronco delivers 20201010_103218

Ford Bronco Purchased a "bridge" Vehicle until the Bronco delivers SDC10054.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
RHazelton

RHazelton

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
!00 % correct on the TRD PRO holdng it's value. I bought a Black one in 2015 for $41,500 and got $37500 on a trade in after I put over 50k miles on it. Traded in on a Cement TRD PRO great 4 x 4's. The biggest problem you'll have is giving it up when your Bronco comes in. I plan on keeping mine for a long time. With two teenage sons, the TRD PRO and Rubicon should keep them the heck away from my New Bronco.

Very nice to have options! It is hard when you are trying to find the one do it all vehicle. I will most likely keep the Toy even after I get the Bronco as my Son really wants it.

OP
OP
RHazelton

RHazelton

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very sharp,love the Army Green. I did the same thing with a 2021 Lunar rock pro-all stock. $1,000 under MSRP so i took the plunge. One Early and one late reservation with Granger (July 14th and october 30th) so i likely will keep the later reservation and get a 2022 Bronco with white top!

Nice and I love this color as well. You lucked out with the price and you may actually make a profit on this thing especially buying the newest TRD Pro color. Have fun building this thing out and if you keep it, most likely will outlast the Bronco

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thinking about doing the same, there are some great end of year sales, then I would just use my MY22 reservation.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been throwing around this same idea. I've been contemplating buying a built 1997 Jeep TJ to wheel until my Bronco (Lilly GOAT) comes home. Something about like what this dude is running.
_jeep_wrangler_4x4_auto_4_cylinder_t_5f6f042cd3f9e.jpg

You can find them fairly priced for around $7k-$10k. I love the green and tan colors together.
P.S. I'm not even a Jeep guy.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is my stop gap car. I put winter tires and wheels on it this week. V8 Voodoo 5.2 litre manny tranny goodness. The back seats fold down and I can fit a couple of bikes and a tent in the trunk. This one lives best on the highway, but every vehicle I drive goes off road somewhere.
Ford Bronco Purchased a "bridge" Vehicle until the Bronco delivers IMG_20200907_113220

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Rivian really has my interest! Especially after watching Long Way up.
I hadn't initially been considering the Rivian until my Bronco build now looks like it will slip well into 2022. Which puts them both in the same time frame. Different tradeoffs, but both have strong points for me.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The funny thing is I saw this on craigslist a few weeks ago and texted the seller as I was considering it instead of waiting for the Bronco. The seller never wrote back so I figured it was pending sale and I didn't try harder. Did you pay his asking 53k? One thing I considered with this 4runner build is the tire size won't fit as a spare so it will need a rear tire carrier or smaller size tires to get a full size spare....that is if my research was correct.

OP
OP
RHazelton

RHazelton

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The funny thing is I saw this on craigslist a few weeks ago and texted the seller as I was considering it instead of waiting for the Bronco. The seller never wrote back so I figured it was pending sale and I didn't try harder. Did you pay his asking 53k? One thing I considered with this 4runner build is the tire size won't fit as a spare so it will need a rear tire carrier or smaller size tires to get a full size spare....that is if my research was correct.
Small world. Yes, this is the one in Alamo. I paid 52K, which is a great buy as he had receipts of all upgrade totaling 23K with most work being done at Walnut Creek Customs. Yes, spare is smaller (265 vs. 285's) so it will fit under, he just liked it on top. I took it off and will put back under or get a hitch swing tire / bike rack / table not sure yet. I just got tired of waiting and want to have fun now. I already took it to the foothills this weekend and it performs very good especially with the ICON Stage II Shocks / lift if like butter on the dirt.

Reactions: Axe

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Small world. Yes, this is the one in Alamo. I paid 52K, which is a great buy as he had receipts of all upgrade totaling 23K with most work being done at Walnut Creek Customs. Yes, spare is smaller (265 vs. 285's) so it will fit under, he just liked it on top. I took it off and will put back under or get a hitch swing tire / bike rack / table not sure yet. I just got tired of waiting and want to have fun now. I already took it to the foothills this weekend and it performs very good especially with the ICON Stage II Shocks / lift if like butter on the dirt.
Good deal! I spent an hour or more researching that vehicle before I texted him trying to buy it. It definitely has some good mods and that price was a deal. Enjoy!
Sponsored