Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice write up, thanks for sharing!
I got to test drive a bronco this morning. Model was a Big Bend, mid package, 4 door, soft top, with sasquatch in Anti Matter Blue.

Overall: It is about what I expected, drives pretty good and laid out pretty well. Time will tell how things hold up and work. I was excited to get to drive it and came away looking forward for mine to get here!!! (It is sitting at Dirt Mountain) If you expect a totally quiet ride in a luxury cabin....you will be disappointed. Not what this vehicle is about. If you want the top off, open road experience, with off road capability.....you will like it I think.

Pro's: 2.7 v-6 with 10 speed auto transmission was very smooth and had a lot of get up and go. Ride is much better than a Wrangler....my next door neighbor just bought a 4 door Sahara that I have ridden in. Bronco has more power and handles better with a tighter/firmer feel to it. Not as much steering wheel play. Smooth over bumps, tight turning radius, and pretty good sight lines for an suv. Controls are laid out well but it will take some getting used to on the steering wheel buttons. Good leg room in back, I had the driver seat 3/4 of the way back and had plenty of leg room when I jumped in the back seat. (I am 5ā€™11) Overall I was impressed and happy to get to drive it!

Con's: I am knit-picking here as much as anything. It has a much softer suspension so you get a little more lean when taking cornersā€¦.expected that. Develops a whistle at about 70mph with the top down....kinda expected that as well. Cloth seats looked and felt a little cheap. Definitely not as nice as my f150. Reminds me of the F150XL interiors I have seen. I have the marine grade vinyl in my Badlands. Hope they are better seats, but I might put covers on anyhow. Stereo speakers are pretty low end....I already have bought upgrades for that though! Gonna take a little getting used to the digital dash, different than what I am used to. Steering wheel controls are kinda busy and not as intuitive as on the f150. Some of the plastic feels pretty good, other parts feel kinda cheap. The oh shit handles felt solid, as did the hero and auxillery buttons. But the kick panels and parts of the dash felt a little light/cheap.

Now I just have to patiently wait for mine to get hereā€¦..lol
You will love the MGV!
Sponsored

IGoOffroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is really what I am wondering when people review their new Bronco and say its so much better than the Wrangler on road when they haven't even driven a quality JL Wrangler especially the Unlimited model. The JK Wrangler and any Wrangler before that drove like $hit. The JL Wranglers with wandering steering are also problematic. A 2018+ JL Wrangler with proper steering is a fine vehicle to drive on road. My 2 Door JL Rubicon with 33" tires drives like a small SUV and I can do 65 on the highway comfortably.
Would like to see which model Wrangler the OP is referencing and what he's actually driven when he says "the IFS is way smoother than any Jeep".
As a fellow Wrangler owner, I appreciate your opinions on the drivability of the JL. I owned a 17 JKUR and now a 21 JLUR. To me, the JL is a night and day difference in driving experience over the JK. It is much more refined. After a lengthy test drive in an Outer Banks I came to a few conclusions myself.

The Bronco is even more refined (on-road) than the JL. It feels more planted. It seems to track better, doesn't follow ruts/grooves as much as the JL. Going over train tracks, manhole covers, and other minor inconveniences in the road are absorbed by the suspension without drama. At higher speeds, steering corrections are easier. I was not able to test a badlands to get more of an Apples to Apples comparison vs my Rubicon. I love my JL but cannot wait until my bronco is delivered (whenever that may be...)!

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had mine for a few weeks now. Love driving it. I use taking my dog for a ride as an excuse to go out, but he does love it.
bronco.jpeg
IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_1999.jpeg
Did u use bronco bolt and 3m on ur lp thx

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Big congrats and thanks for the uplifting post. It is much needed and appreciated!

I like that you don't plan to ever put the doors and top back on. Serious question - how do you protect it when you go somewhere and need to park it out of sight for some substantial amount of time?

I'd like to do what you do, and I think I have the climate for it, but I've never been able to solve the security issue with past 4x4s (e.g. Wranglers, Gladiators).

Serious question.

Thanks

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that you don't plan to ever put the doors and top back on. Serious question - how do you protect it when you go somewhere and need to park it out of sight for some substantial amount of time?
I'd say that most people who leave their top and doors off almost permanently have a garage or a home with a driveway away from most other homes. There are "trail covers" that i'm sure will be made for the Bronco eventually that allow you to leave the top and doors off while having protection from animals or the elements like this:
https://www.morris4x4center.com/bes...7_AulQHhsx1J9_SUajUsHgFDOZD-lam4aAk8sEALw_wcB

You could put a car cover on with a lock but the car cover is easily cut. There is no easy answer unless you have the space to store it somewhere overnight where it should be safe from people and animals.

GmoneyDD

First Name
GmoneyDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By the way. First Bronco delivered in the state of Vermont!
Was driving through Heritage's lot last week to see if they had a Bronco and saw your beauty parked near the entrance, clearly awaiting your arrival. Stunning...and congratulations!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever notice how these positive threads only get a few pagesā€¦ but the negative ones blow up to 30+ pages in just a couple hours or so?

I think it says something about you humans.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats to all of you

Sponsored
OP
OP

VTNOLE2

Wildtrak
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the positivity you have a beautiful rig. Where was that picture taken? looks like Shelburne Farms with Lake Champlain in the background. Iā€™m a little bitter with a day 2 reservation but Iā€™m sticking to my two-door build. On the upside I did get a "hang in their" Bronco hammock from Ford today :sneaky:
Itā€™s my front yard. I live in Shelburne though so good call!
Ford Bronco Pure Joy! Sharing Some Positive Vibes 8AB4C4DC-5DCB-4F08-99EC-81B3753ED8DD

OP
OP

VTNOLE2

Wildtrak
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was driving through Heritage's lot last week to see if they had a Bronco and saw your beauty parked near the entrance, clearly awaiting your arrival. Stunning...and congratulations!
Haha. Small world!

OP
OP

VTNOLE2

Wildtrak
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big congrats and thanks for the uplifting post. It is much needed and appreciated!

I'd like to do what you do, and I think I have the climate for it, but I've never been able to solve the security issue with past 4x4s (e.g. Wranglers, Gladiators).

Serious question.

Thanks
So I have a garage space for it. I live in Vermont, so I will only drive it on sunny days between Aril-Oct. It has a lock on the glove compartment if I need it AND itā€™s a manual so that helps eliminate some idiots. Reality is I donā€™t stress about that stuff. I usually leave most of my cars unlocked with the key fob in them without a second thought. Part naive and part being in Vermont.

This is a fun, extra vehicle so I donā€™t expect to have it exposed to the public for long periods or rain if possible.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wanted to share.

I know this Bronco ride has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have been on that train, excited, frustrated, impatient, etc.

I have had her since Saturday. Itā€™s the most FUN I have had in a vehicle (I own) in my life. I have owned BMWs, Range Rovers, Mercedes, etc. This vehicle is about fun and it nails it!

The top and doors have been off since the second I took her home, they will never go back on. (Super easy to do)

Ford knocked this out of the park. After reading these boards we can nit pick 3% of this vehicle. But the overall is, itā€™s amazing. They will dial in and improve little things here and there. The DNA of this project is a huge win though. One we should be excited to be a part of.

I went with a 2:3 because I wanted a manual for my fun summer sunny day toy. Itā€™s way more than enough pep and super fun. The IFS is WAY SMOOTHER than any Jeep, honestly the ride experience isnā€™t even close. I am not a huge off roader and I am sure wonā€™t ever use the enormous capability of the badlands, but on road this thing is beyond impressive

The MGV is perfect and I donā€™t really see the huge issues with the interior ā€œfinishā€.

This vehicle threads the needle of having everything the Jeep offers in fun and flexibility, but with a unique esthetic, fresh design, modern safety and tech and impressive driving experience. It stands alone and excels.

Just sharing some positive vibes after almost a week with her. She makes me happy and I canā€™t wait for everyone else to have that same FUN!

Ford Bronco Pure Joy! Sharing Some Positive Vibes 8AB4C4DC-5DCB-4F08-99EC-81B3753ED8DD
You are right on with this and agree the most fun with a vehicle had in a long time everyone waiting itā€™s worth the wait
Ford Bronco Pure Joy! Sharing Some Positive Vibes 3BCBCF72-A079-4468-877B-5BA0BE1A15A2
Sponsored