Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a dog psychologist an

I am not a dog psychologist, but I play one on tv. That dog is on K-9 bronco cloud nine. A happier porch there has never been. Congratulations!
Sweet pup! 💕 I’d love to hear about everyone’s ideas on “puppifying” our rigs. What’s the best “back seat protector”, how about protecting the rear seat backs too, what are others doing? Mine has the MGV mainly for the dogs, but the seat backs are carpeted, why Ford? Thanks all!
Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP

VTNOLE2

Wildtrak
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is really what I am wondering when people review their new Bronco and say its so much better than the Wrangler on road when they haven't even driven a quality JL Wrangler especially the Unlimited model. The JK Wrangler and any Wrangler before that drove like $hit. The JL Wranglers with wandering steering are also problematic. A 2018+ JL Wrangler with proper steering is a fine vehicle to drive on road. My 2 Door JL Rubicon with 33" tires drives like a small SUV and I can do 65 on the highway comfortably.
Would like to see which model Wrangler the OP is referencing and what he's actually driven when he says "the IFS is way smoother than any Jeep".
I have driven 18,19,20,21 model year jeeps the last several years. I agree they have improved a ton. To me, this Bronco is just noticeably smoother. I am not, not a Jeep Fan. Love them.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the positivity you have a beautiful rig. Where was that picture taken? looks like Shelburne Farms with Lake Champlain in the background. I’m a little bitter with a day 2 reservation but I’m sticking to my two-door build. On the upside I did get a "hang in their" Bronco hammock from Ford today :sneaky:

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven 18,19,20,21 model year jeeps the last several years. I agree they have improved a ton. To me, this Bronco is just noticeably smoother. I am not, not a Jeep Fan. Love them.
When you say smoother, do you mean on road comfort? How about the drivetrain? How does the ZF8 speed in the Wrangler (IMO one of the best automatics in the market) compare to the 10 SPD auto in the Bronco? How about the 2.0T vs the 2.3/2.7TT?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for more foreplay. Getting kinda ready for the real action, tho'.....can't handle much more excitement.

spada

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't read all 5 pages of the thread yet, but if this is just a summer fun car that you'll never put the doors back onto, why did you get a 4 door?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to share.

I know this Bronco ride has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have been on that train, excited, frustrated, impatient, etc.

I have had her since Saturday. It’s the most FUN I have had in a vehicle (I own) in my life. I have owned BMWs, Range Rovers, Mercedes, etc. This vehicle is about fun and it nails it!

The top and doors have been off since the second I took her home, they will never go back on. (Super easy to do)

Ford knocked this out of the park. After reading these boards we can nit pick 3% of this vehicle. But the overall is, it’s amazing. They will dial in and improve little things here and there. The DNA of this project is a huge win though. One we should be excited to be a part of.

I went with a 2:3 because I wanted a manual for my fun summer sunny day toy. It’s way more than enough pep and super fun. The IFS is WAY SMOOTHER than any Jeep, honestly the ride experience isn’t even close. I am not a huge off roader and I am sure won’t ever use the enormous capability of the badlands, but on road this thing is beyond impressive

The MGV is perfect and I don’t really see the huge issues with the interior “finish”.

This vehicle threads the needle of having everything the Jeep offers in fun and flexibility, but with a unique esthetic, fresh design, modern safety and tech and impressive driving experience. It stands alone and excels.

Just sharing some positive vibes after almost a week with her. She makes me happy and I can’t wait for everyone else to have that same FUN!

42A8F7D3-6A6D-4056-83C2-EADE653EB91D.jpeg
Nice review! The so called "People don't know what they're getting into" postings keep popping up on here. What's up with that?

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good vibes received!!! Love the Bronco script badge and the shorty antenna, looking good brother!

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get to pick my girl up Saturday ….
I dig your positive vibes brother!

0E22DBCC-35D2-40E0-90D8-B13B2D8C7AC6.jpeg
THIS IS MY SAME BUILD! CG, 4Dr with optional wheels and soft top!!! It's so beautiful! Mine gets built 9/13 CAN'T WAIT! Post more pictures as I'm saving all of the ones that are the same build as mine in anticipation haha

Sponsored

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the one for the raptor. Got it off Amazon.
Could you perhaps share the link? Such a great idea to swap out that long one!

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought the chrome one for the old school look - now I just need a two door Bronco to go with it ... :-(
I really wanna see what one will go best with the Cactus Gray, as I'm tempted to get it!

cashgolfer44

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write up, thanks for sharing!
I got to test drive a bronco this morning. Model was a Big Bend, mid package, 4 door, soft top, with sasquatch in Anti Matter Blue.

Overall: It is about what I expected, drives pretty good and laid out pretty well. Time will tell how things hold up and work. I was excited to get to drive it and came away looking forward for mine to get here!!! (It is sitting at Dirt Mountain) If you expect a totally quiet ride in a luxury cabin....you will be disappointed. Not what this vehicle is about. If you want the top off, open road experience, with off road capability.....you will like it I think.

Pro's: 2.7 v-6 with 10 speed auto transmission was very smooth and had a lot of get up and go. Ride is much better than a Wrangler....my next door neighbor just bought a 4 door Sahara that I have ridden in. Bronco has more power and handles better with a tighter/firmer feel to it. Not as much steering wheel play. Smooth over bumps, tight turning radius, and pretty good sight lines for an suv. Controls are laid out well but it will take some getting used to on the steering wheel buttons. Good leg room in back, I had the driver seat 3/4 of the way back and had plenty of leg room when I jumped in the back seat. (I am 5’11) Overall I was impressed and happy to get to drive it!

Con's: I am knit-picking here as much as anything. It has a much softer suspension so you get a little more lean when taking corners….expected that. Develops a whistle at about 70mph with the top down....kinda expected that as well. Cloth seats looked and felt a little cheap. Definitely not as nice as my f150. Reminds me of the F150XL interiors I have seen. I have the marine grade vinyl in my Badlands. Hope they are better seats, but I might put covers on anyhow. Stereo speakers are pretty low end....I already have bought upgrades for that though! Gonna take a little getting used to the digital dash, different than what I am used to. Steering wheel controls are kinda busy and not as intuitive as on the f150. Some of the plastic feels pretty good, other parts feel kinda cheap. The oh shit handles felt solid, as did the hero and auxillery buttons. But the kick panels and parts of the dash felt a little light/cheap.

Now I just have to patiently wait for mine to get here…..lol

J.R. Rowley

First Edition
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just wanted to share.

I know this Bronco ride has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have been on that train, excited, frustrated, impatient, etc.

I have had her since Saturday. It’s the most FUN I have had in a vehicle (I own) in my life. I have owned BMWs, Range Rovers, Mercedes, etc. This vehicle is about fun and it nails it!

The top and doors have been off since the second I took her home, they will never go back on. (Super easy to do)

Ford knocked this out of the park. After reading these boards we can nit pick 3% of this vehicle. But the overall is, it’s amazing. They will dial in and improve little things here and there. The DNA of this project is a huge win though. One we should be excited to be a part of.

I went with a 2:3 because I wanted a manual for my fun summer sunny day toy. It’s way more than enough pep and super fun. The IFS is WAY SMOOTHER than any Jeep, honestly the ride experience isn’t even close. I am not a huge off roader and I am sure won’t ever use the enormous capability of the badlands, but on road this thing is beyond impressive

The MGV is perfect and I don’t really see the huge issues with the interior “finish”.

This vehicle threads the needle of having everything the Jeep offers in fun and flexibility, but with a unique esthetic, fresh design, modern safety and tech and impressive driving experience. It stands alone and excels.

Just sharing some positive vibes after almost a week with her. She makes me happy and I can’t wait for everyone else to have that same FUN!

42A8F7D3-6A6D-4056-83C2-EADE653EB91D.jpeg
I cannot find Bronco Depot. Can you send a link? Is the emblem for the fender?