Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So let me understand correctly

The bronco sport has more rear legroom than the 4 door bronco?
It's pretty much the same.
Sponsored

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time they get everyone so mad about logos, drain plugs and tires I'll be at the top of the list. Hey Ford, just put off the B&P another month, I have the patience to go all the way to the top. LMAO

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks Nate, awesome investigative reporting! You're the best!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
  • 1 pedal driving mode will work in both 4Hi and 4Low settings.
  • You can lock the front diff without locking the rear diff (not true on stock Wrangler). So for rock crawling in the automatic, he will lock the front and turn on the trail turn assist for the rear. This way, it does not drag the rear tires as much as having both lockers on.
  • As for trail turn assist, he said there are a lot of precautions in place and axle torque calculations to prevent you from accidentally doing damage. He seemed to really like the feature (which surprised him). These preventative measures that are in place will prevent you from using it on dry pavement or dry slick rock settings. Said it will work in low traction environments. (sorry to everyone that was planning to use it in parking lots. haha)

Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-1.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-2.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-3.jpg

Rock Slider attachments:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-4.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-5.jpg

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-6.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-7.jpg

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-8.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-9.jpg

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-10.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-11.jpg

Fender flare connections:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-12.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-13.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-14.jpg

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-15.jpg
Unbelievable! Thank you.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheeeeesh some of the replies here ?. The Ford rep saying “the interior is pretty much what you’ll get on delivery” is quite obviously referring to the spec, not quality.

Yes, that crushed shoulder on the passenger seat is hideous; if the vehicle I ordered shows up like that, I will refuse delivery. I fully agree that certain elements of this preproduction unit look like trash. BUT the vehicles we order won’t show up like that. I’m enjoying this pre-pro unit for the new info it’s giving us.

They won’t arrive with poorly formed seat foam or HVAC ducts that were hacked up with a dremel.

IMO part of the problem some folks are having is that we are so hungry for information on this awesome machine that we end up parsing every. single. piece of information that comes from Ford, and dissecting every word and it’s meaning. This almost always ends up in disappointment for some because the context of those words gets lost.

TL;DR relax, have a beverage and just give it some time, your 50k bronco isn’t showing up with a sawzall hole in the floor.
Well said.. Thank you! Your right. I think some of us have such high expectations, and are looking forward to the new Bronco so much. That we over react to anything we don't like in the little tidbits of information and pictures we see or hear about. I believe Ford will make the new Bronco a quality vehicle. But I also believe that our constructive criticism will help persuade Ford to make the new Bronco even better.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He was very blunt when I asked about the badge. Said what we see is to production spec (almost seemed like it was a sore topic for him).

I understood the VB availability as no delay in manufacturing compared to the other colors...Of course we do have to be careful with interpretations, someone even said, "Oh really?" and he confirmed "yes, available at the same time as the other colors".
Ford needs to make the trim badges nice looking emblems. Not stickers! Stickers will minimize the whole trim level concept. If the trim badge is a sticker on my Badlands? The first thing I'm going to do is take a heat gun to them, and peel them off!

Colorado 2jz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 4Runner. 93 Aristo. 02 S2000. 85 K10.
Your Bronco Model
Base
What kind of terrain is that bronco parked on? Looks like a potential mud fest when it warms up. I only ask because I’m a wheelchair user and heading to check it out Saturday.

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC in the leaked interior photos:
Wildtrak, OBX, Black Diamond: blue
FE, Big Bend: light gray/silver
Badlands: orange/yellow
Base: no accent color
has there been a true leaked photo of the WildTrak? Or just speculation based on mismatched grills and Squatch?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know I was probably dreaming but I was hoping for at least one upscale interior package option like on the f150 platinum.
Isn't that what the lux package is supposed to address? Perhaps I had the wrong idea too. Doesnt affect my reservation

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of terrain is that bronco parked on? Looks like a potential mud fest when it warms up. I only ask because I’m a wheelchair user and heading to check it out Saturday.
It is a dirt rodeo area. There is a relatively flat dirt road to come in on, but yes there are muddy sections. Normally only the Bronco registrants with the older generation broncos that paid are able to drive into the area, the non-paying public parks just outside and walks, but in your case, you should ask about driving right up to the new Bronco. It's possible and they should accommodate.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I must be easily impressed when it comes to interiors. Looks good to me ??‍♂
I mean no offense by this, but maybe you haven't had better to know better
I think it looks fine and feel many people are overreacting. But I also can see what they're expecting for the cost. For example- my premium kia optima looks better and costs 15k less than a loaded outerbanks trim, but i recognize its a different type of vehicle

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!

Edit: but that begs the question... Why not call it Sasquatch Suspension then?!
Because with the 10mm spacer they can call the Sasquatch suspension "high clearance" and make people think they are getting something special vs the regular Badlands.
Sponsored