elmystico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser 4WD, 1990 Toyota pickup
One of the reps stated a while back that the aux fuse box is in the engine bay.
The rep I spoke with yesterday in Colorado said the same thing, but said he could not open the bay because of the limb risers, unfortunately. The wiring from the pod lights ran into a small tunnel in a gasket at the bottom of the windshield, IIRC, almost like they designed a space just for wiring there. I assume it entered the bay somehow from that tunnel. The rep was unsure about that as well.

Advertisement

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TL
Clubs

Well, I don’t need no stinking badges.
Really, if that was my concern, it must be close to perfect. To me, a vehicle is a tool. It either meets my needs or it doesn’t.
Give me a viable, reliable platform to modify to my specific needs. That’s all I want and I do believe the Bronco delivers that in spades.
I get it, you plan on modding it and don’t really care about how it looks. As someone who just ants it to go camping and carrying my bikes and gear to trailheads as the most Taxing thing I use it for, along with it being My daily driver, aesthetics on a luxury priced vehicle (which clearly the badlands/outer banks/wild track are) matter to me. The sticker looks cheap, it looks like an afterthought. If the Badlands level means so little, why brand the trim level at all? Just call it a bronco with xxx options on it.

Sounds like you guys are wanting badges like these on my wife’s grand cherokee. Anyone have a cnc machine lol.

C11D28F3-558A-4A1F-BB33-B5430C6390FB.jpeg

C91EAAFC-F5EF-4D8B-9AAD-B00EF0394FE8.jpeg
Exactly! I think Jeep goes a little overboard on some trim levels. I Took a peek, Toyota, Land Rover, Mercedes all have something similar on their SUVs.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Haha, finally someone that understands!

It's possible stitching combos could change depending on color and/or cloth/leather.

I don't think we've seen one yet, unfortunately.

I'm sure more things to complain about will come up lol

That'd be an interesting/"easy" after the fact way to do it - sounds similar to how they offer an extra camera to put onto trailers on the Super Duties that hooks up to the factory interior screen.

Well, plenty of people pay extra to get the massive RAPTOR sticker on the side of the bed of their Raptor.

Would I like a sticker? Not necessarily. Is it the end of the world? No.
So since you are thinking about purchasing the wild track you wouldn’t mind if they put the same crappy badge on the side or if they didn’t put any type of decals So since you are thinking about purchasing the wild track you wouldn’t mind if they put the same crappy badge on the side or if they didn’t put any type of decals distinguishing it right? It’s the quality and principle of it.

Mac n Nevada

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Clubs

No offense taken - but as a reply - if the bronco was only offered in a base model with only two color options and no Sasquatch package- would you still buy one?
What color is it and how is the badge?

MJJ

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 17 Nissan GTR, 20 Chevrolet ZR2, 20 Jeep Cherokee, 21 Badlands reserved
Isn’t this a ford thing though. Stickers over badges, like the FX4 on the F150
Porsche does stickers on their 250K 911 GT3RS. They use this as a selling point. Reason being less weight. Granted that is a mute point on a Bronco.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Yeah, don’t know why, but I’m not impressed. I’m dumping 50-55K on a vehicle, I’m expecting more than a $5 sticker on the quarter panel.

I don’t think it is an either or scenario. I don’t do a ton of off roading, so I’m sure it will be more than capable. So yeah, my two biggest concerns after seeing this vehicle is the cheap sticker and the cheap backs on the rear seats.

100% this. I view this as something akin to the “Trail Rated” badge on a wrangler.
Exactly. Higher trim, higher capabilities should have standout badges. Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition should get something. I get people take off the emblems but if that was the case they should’ve not made so many trim levels. They could’ve made just the base and build your own from the ground up.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So who do we listen to? The brand manager or Mike, the communications manager, who clarified "by September includes September"?

Take all the time to get it right, it'd just be helpful to have some clearer expectations. :coffee:
Levine was asked about a billion times if "by September" meant before September 1st or before the end of September and he didn't answer until it actually was September. I don't think he actually knows, he was just giving a best guess.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

I'm wondering if some of you just wouldn't be happier looking elsewhere. It's not a bad thing. My wife would not like the Bronco. She'd rather have a Mercedes or Porsche SUV. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ford designed this Bronco to be one of the most capable off road vehicles factory made. That's it's primary purpose. It's not designed to be an interstate cruiser that looks great in your driveway, even though it can. It's also not priced out of the SUV market. I keep hearing luxury prices and wonder how many of you have been on a car lot lately. Ford and Chevy both make several $50K+ SUVs that would never be described as luxury.

I'm glad Ford designed this vehicle for off road first and didn't just do what everyone else does. It's amazing to read how many people here want this brand new designed vehicle to be just like the one they already own.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Levine was asked about a billion times if "by September" meant before September 1st or before the end of September and he didn't answer until it actually was September. I don't think he actually knows, he was just giving a best guess.
I think the dead horse would be here by now, but I'm sure he's busy somewhere else. :cautious:

Blksn955.o

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Titanium, 94 Ford Mustang GT
Clubs

On the sticker standpoint to me it is a non issue. Sure I would like a more substantial badge or a sticker that is encased in clear plastic or epoxy but just the sticker is fine with me. Compared to the Jeep even the rubicon is a sticker, so is the Willy's (lower tier sport model IIRC), and sport is also a sticker.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

Bingo! You seem to have common sense! (y)

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac
I don't agree. I replaced the 5.0 fender emblems on my Mustang with expensive Ford Performance emblems, and they haven't been damaged or stolen. I suggest you never take any vehicle through an automated car wash. Worse thing ever for your cars paint. True, the emblems could be pried off, but it would take time and heat, times two. One emblem isn't worth much without the other. What's stopping someone from stealing the bucking horse emblem off the tailgate? Or the Ford Blue Oval emblem from the other side of the tailgate? Emblem thieft isn't a problem! I'd rather have nice emblems than cheap stickers. If your afraid your emblems are going to be stolen? Maybe you should move to a nicer area? Or stay out of the hood! Just say'n. Player!
As someone who's harvested a few emblems at junkyards, it's amazing how quick and easy they come off with just a pocket knife or putty knife when you don't care about damaging the paint under it.

Advertisement

Advertisement