First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Wonder how comfortable the bronco will be at 80mph cause that's my average. At least I won't be death wobbling. It's awesome that they put the bronco on the lift after a day of hard riding to see what happened and fix the problem.
Test driver said it's an offroad SUV... there is noise, but he said it is not uncomfortable or unsteady.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
I'm taking this to mean above 45 mph OFF-ROAD that F150/Ranger Raptor > Bronco > Wrangler.

I think that's expected until the Bronco Raptor comes out.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good info man. Seems it doesn't take much to pop those flares off!

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.

OMG! You know what this means? Easy wide body kits. Make your own Raptor looking Bronco on the cheap!! :love:

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 006CD79B-37AF-458C-951B-E94E8C6F5516

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco
Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 200 (1)

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 200 (1)

Rock Slider attachments:

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

Fender flare connections:

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

Thanks so much for the great pictures and detailed Q&A!

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the info man. Between the pics, videos, and info, I feel like I'm there getting all this first hand. Excellent work.

Also curious, if the B&P comes out later this fall if that bumps things up across the board (reservation transfer deadline, order deadline...possibly production (but doubtful) )

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the great photos and for sticking around and talking to the Test Driver and Brand Manager. The info/pics you provided our community are invaluable. I know I have lots to think on regarding trim level, Sasquatch package, etc. I’m having a nice cold beer in your honor this evening!

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the info and new photos.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clarify with them that the Badlands sticker being a final design is not the artwork that is final but the fact that it is not a badge?

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the info man. Between the pics, videos, and info, I feel like I'm there getting all this first hand. Excellent work.

Also curious, if the B&P comes out later this fall if that bumps things up across the board (reservation transfer deadline, order deadline...possibly production (but doubtful) )
He still said the orders would be December (roughly) and production "spring".

Can you clarify with them that the Badlands sticker being a final design is not the artwork that is final but the fact that it is not a badge?
Both. It will be a "sticker" as shown and not a badge.
Sponsored