E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@irv0735 Can you add a question about the interior accent color/stitching matching the paint color or trim level when you return? Really hoping it matching exterior paint...
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are aware. Yesterday, I was under the radar...today, EVERYONE seems to know who I am and that I posted on Bronco6G. haha
TFL will probably invite you to be on one of their segments. Consider hiring an agent!!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not
Excellent information @irv0735, thank you so much. One follow-up question please. If you can still ask, can you ask the person to explain how the Bronco feels and rides, in other words ride quality, between 45 and 75 mph. Is it similar to the Ranger or the Explorer?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are aware. Yesterday, I was under the radar...today, EVERYONE seems to know who I am and that I posted on Bronco6G. haha
Huh... Maybe Ford needs to give these reps a day off, bring in a couple backups to lighten the load. No reason to get snippy/short with a customer. Hell, buy them a beer and continue the questions over a couple golden sodas/barley pops!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are some photos of a white top from a pre-production model touring Ford manuafactoring partners. (From Facebook)

D5D349DB-EDF7-4ADA-9D79-7C99097D3A41.jpeg

016CB574-9996-44CA-8ADB-A4D37F58DFB4.jpeg
Every time I see the CG concept pictured, I'm conflicted between a renewal of the love at first sight and pent up anger as I grow to accept that it won't be available. I know people have suggested to wrap/paint, but I'm not committing $48K and not have the build that I want.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems most motor enthusiast news sites quote Bronco6G.com these days when it comes to Bronco news at some point because they cannot deny the juicy fresh news you read here first.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please inquire about...

Will Ford offer a MIC black hardtop?
Will 37’s + 2ish inch suspension lift be available from Ford Performance?

Thanks man!

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if the Ford guys there know if there's any events prior to launch planned for the Northeast so us yanks can get a gander. Tennessee is a hike (and also requires me to quarantine for 2 weeks if I go)
The test mules will be in the jersey pine barrens in December

Sponsored

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t mind the interior, I think it looks fine tbh and I find the screens, knobs and the gauge cluster to be pretty clean and nice looking.

I guess I don’t get the people complaining, it’s a top off vehicle that goes through mud, dirt and snow. I’m sure they took that into account and wanted to make it easy to clean.
They've shown some really nice computer rendered interiors. I consider that to be somewhat dishonest.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, thanks for the info. Seems like nobody can get a clear answer. Did they mention where or how the additional 9mm was gained? Or it 35's will fit on a badlands with just the fender flares?
They did not go into details. sorry. The driver seemed to think a 10mm "spacer" for the spring and you could put 35's on a Badlands no problem.

On the BroncoNation instagram page they have a Q&A. Someone asked about the white grill and roof option and it appears they are coming out with a color and materials walk-through soon.
Correct. He alluded to this walk-through many times. Someone asked about the Navy Pier on FE and if other options would be available and he said, we'll cover all of that in the upcoming walk-through.

@irv0735 Can you add a question about the interior accent color/stitching matching the paint color or trim level when you return? Really hoping it matching exterior paint...
Added.

Lol. ? If you could just follow them around the country and feed us info that'd be swell. Great job again
For that, we'll need to set up a gofundme. hahaha but I'm ready!

Excellent information @irv0735, thank you so much. One follow-up question please. If you can still ask, can you ask the person to explain how the Bronco feels and rides, in other words ride quality, between 45 and 75 mph. Is it similar to the Ranger or the Explorer?
I'll see what I can find out from him.

Huh... Maybe Ford needs to give these reps a day off, bring in a couple backups to lighten the load. No reason to get snippy/short with a customer. Hell, buy them a beer and continue the questions over a couple golden sodas/barley pops!
I don't know...the marketing firm here to help is super nice and as helpful as they can be, it was really just one fella that I might have caught at the wrong time or something. Doing my best to ask in natural flow of conversation! He seemed very busy with phone calls and emails, so maybe he wasn't planning to answer questions until Saturday and I jumped the gun.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco
Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) RywZsoVyGpHmE

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) RywZsoVyGpHmE

Rock Slider attachments:

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

Fender flare connections:

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

Thank you so much!
Sponsored