First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they have any of the paint samples at the show on display (jerry cans, paint book, etc.) by chance. I haven't broke the news to my wife yet that there isn't a 4 door for her to see tomorrow or a cactus grey Bronco to see in person.
Unfortunately, they do not.
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep in mind, this is Ford's new ICON...the best they can do...what they're banking on to keep the company afloat
I don't think so, the F-150 already fills that role, and their new CEO has been pretty vocal about putting new emphasis on commercial trucks as well. It's an important vehicle for them (they seem to be thinking it'll account for 8-10% of their total vehicle sales), but not a tent-pole.

Honestly they seem to be treating this very seriously and absolutely putting a lot of time and effort into getting this absolutely right, so I'm very encouraged as to what the finished product is going to look like.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here’s a long video to go with your amazing post.

Thanks for the video, awesome (y) ...without meaning to sound like an ass, if you turn your phone horizontal while filming, it will give you a much nicer final version of your video. ( wider image)

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you so much! The info for Velocity Blue sealed the deal for me in color choice!

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care about all of the plastics much, it's supposed to be a vehicle to get beat on and modified. I'm pretty stunned that they didn't consider front camera + winch though. It's being called a trail camera and was shown recording trail runs... Who the fuck do they think is buying a winch if not these people? Makes zero sense.. I like the massive screen but I may have to downgrade from the high package if I'm wasting hundreds on the value of a useless camera ?‍♂

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the video, awesome (y) ...without meaning to sound like an ass, if you turn your phone horizontal while filming, it will give you a much nicer final version of your video. ( wider image)
I always considered that a flaw in the Smart Phone. If it was so "smart", it would default all video being captured horizontally regardless of how the phone is held. The horizontal capture could only be overridden by the user at the start of a recording.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sheeeeesh some of the replies here ?. The Ford rep saying “the interior is pretty much what you’ll get on delivery” is quite obviously referring to the spec, not quality.

Yes, that crushed shoulder on the passenger seat is hideous; if the vehicle I ordered shows up like that, I will refuse delivery. I fully agree that certain elements of this preproduction unit look like trash. BUT the vehicles we order won’t show up like that. I’m enjoying this pre-pro unit for the new info it’s giving us.

They won’t arrive with poorly formed seat foam or HVAC ducts that were hacked up with a dremel.

IMO part of the problem some folks are having is that we are so hungry for information on this awesome machine that we end up parsing every. single. piece of information that comes from Ford, and dissecting every word and it’s meaning. This almost always ends up in disappointment for some because the context of those words gets lost.

TL;DR relax, have a beverage and just give it some time, your 50k bronco isn’t showing up with a sawzall hole in the floor.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are those yellow/orange accents going to be standard on a BL? I really hope not

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like I already know the answer, but any chance you could ask if more tire sizes will be available as options on different trims? (i.e. 33s on the black diamond instead of the standard 32" generals) There's a LOT of interest in the forum in lower trims with 33s and giving money to Ford instead of aftermarket.

Also, unless this was clarified already somewhere, Ford's website lists the Badlands as having "Badlands Suspension" ...what exactly does that mean/how does it differ from, say, the Black Diamond?

Thanks in advance!!
It means it has the Sasquatch suspension: Bilsteins less a 9-10mm spacer and a sway bar disconnect along with the M210 diff in front and lockers front and rear.

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'm curious about that I haven't seen mentioned is the chrome versus the black bronco emblem on the rear door. On the 2D colorizer with the regular hard top, you can tell its a chrome emblem in the back, but on the 4D colorizer with the black painted modular hard top, all the rear bronco emblems are black. I was under the impression from other posts that the black painted modular hard top would come with the black bronco label in the back (maybe as some sort of "night package" on the exterior trim details. But here, it looks like this Bronco has a black painted modular hardtop, but with a chrome bronco label. Small detail, but could affect my color choice.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol not my video but apparently it’s the only way to video live on Facebook

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What I'm curious about that I haven't seen mentioned is the chrome versus the black bronco emblem on the rear door. On the 2D colorizer with the regular hard top, you can tell its a chrome emblem in the back, but on the 4D colorizer with the black painted modular hard top, all the rear bronco emblems are black. I was under the impression from other posts that the black painted modular hard top would come with the black bronco label in the back (maybe as some sort of "night package" on the exterior trim details. But here, it looks like this Bronco has a black painted modular hardtop, but with a chrome bronco label. Small detail, but could affect my color choice.
It's a Wildtrak thing.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think so, the F-150 already fills that role, and their new CEO has been pretty vocal about putting new emphasis on commercial trucks as well. It's an important vehicle for them (they seem to be thinking it'll account for 8-10% of their total vehicle sales), but not a tent-pole.

Honestly they seem to be treating this very seriously and absolutely putting a lot of time and effort into getting this absolutely right, so I'm very encouraged as to what the finished product is going to look like.
Agree. The Ford F-series is the highest selling vehicle for the past 40 years. The Bronco will not be that level of iconic. They CAN take significant market share from Jeep which has zero vehicles in the top ten and is the most vulnerable automaker.
Sponsored