Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait a sec here ... while you were at UF we won two football and two basketball national titles?

Seriously?
Yeah. 2 in football when I was there. Tim Tebow years. 2 for basketball with Joakim Noah and Al Horford. Good time to be a Gator!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard a whisper talk that a ford rep said to somebody at the last event that white tops will not available for the first model year.

While we received confirmation that white tops will be available from another source, they never said for the first model year. Fords been kind of shifty in the way they state things, so I really hope this ain’t true.

OP - Any discussion around that?
Unfortunately, this is what I'm expecting

Massive oversight from Ford

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope that isn’t true- it will disappoint many potential buyers.
Agreed, I am anxious to own the Bronco but am not going to drop 50K and not be able to get the color combo they have been flaunting on the 4 door the past few months. I can wait......

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If there isn't a white top, I am not buying. I really can't see how you can do Bronco and not have a white top.
Yeah, I'm thinking the aftermarket will have them eventually or even be able to purchase through Ford after they produce them in year 2 or 3. I wanted the same, but I also like old G1 Broncos with Black tops too.

sirreel

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. 2 in football when I was there. Tim Tebow years. 2 for basketball with Joakim Noah and Al Horford. Good time to be a Gator!
Nice! I was around this time too. I managed the Orange and Brew. Game days were completely off the rails.

Sponsored

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm thinking the aftermarket will have them eventually or even be able to purchase through Ford after they produce them in year 2 or 3. I wanted the same, but I also like old G1 Broncos with Black tops too.
theres always linex or raptor liner. both have white options.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If there isn't a white top, I am not buying. I really can't see how you can do Bronco and not have a white top.
I don't want to go that far, but I would like a white top as an option!

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you said the interior is pretty much production/final.

The carpet on the back of the rear seats is really unfortunate in a vehicle that is advertised as “washout” interior.

I hope this is an over site and will be fixed. But from the sound of it this may be the way it is.

very unfortunate

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Massive oversight from Ford
When you're competing with a dominant market leader like Jeep, you don't get any mulligans. Just ask FJ Cruiser - if they'd had a less claustrophobic greenhouse plus a T-top, Toyota might have done the necessary refreshes to keep it around.

Ford's oversights are mounting up. Just sayin'

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the carpet on the back of the seats is due to the leather upgrade.
Man I hope you are correct.

having a“washout” interior and then putting carpet on the back of the rear seats is a major screw up.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, who else thinks there is going to be someone who resorts to this as their solution for drain holes and waterproof flooring... ;-)

1599834260938.png
1599834253403.png

I was a bit concerned about this too so I re-watched the video that Last Line of Defense posted of the 2 door Bronco. At about the 8 minute mark you can get a view of the drain plugs in the back.

RMGCO

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
  • 1 pedal driving mode will work in both 4Hi and 4Low settings.
  • You can lock the front diff without locking the rear diff (not true on stock Wrangler). So for rock crawling in the automatic, he will lock the front and turn on the trail turn assist for the rear. This way, it does not drag the rear tires as much as having both lockers on.
  • As for trail turn assist, he said there are a lot of precautions in place and axle torque calculations to prevent you from accidentally doing damage. He seemed to really like the feature (which surprised him). These preventative measures that are in place will prevent you from using it on dry pavement or dry slick rock settings. Said it will work in low traction environments. (sorry to everyone that was planning to use it in parking lots. haha)

Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-1.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-2.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-3.jpg

Rock Slider attachments:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-4.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-5.jpg

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-6.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-7.jpg

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-8.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-9.jpg

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-10.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-11.jpg

Fender flare connections:

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-12.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-13.jpg

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-14.jpg

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

2021-Bronco-Super-Celebration-West-Day2-15.jpg
One key thing I learned at the event yesterday from the brand manager is that, in the month of September, Ford will be having a session where they will be reviewing all of the color / trim options as well as a FAQ portion to answer a lot of the questions being asked about the Bronco. I specifically asked about white top / white fender flare / fender color-coded options, First Edition interior options, decibel levels when driving the vehicle and many other things. He said most, if not ALL of those questions will be addressed during the session. This is a SEPARATE session not associated with the build and price tool. He was taking notes on all of the questions we were asking and was going to add them to the FAQ portion of the event.
This was great news. He said they are reading the forum, listening to customer feedback and are going to try and answer a lot of our questions during this session.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's great that they are willing to hear us out. But as we all know in politics, not much may actually come out of that. Unfortunately, it also sounds like B&P will get delayed. For all we know, the B&P timeline is slipping and they are creating this session as something to lean on. i.e. based on all of your feedback during September's FAQ, we will be delaying the B&P to incorporate some additional requests (then actually change very little) and give themselves another month of breathing room while trying to look like the good guys...in my mind, they have until near the end of October to release the B&P before the dealer change deadline until they start really pissing people off. So yes, they may get comfortable slipping another month.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One key thing I learned at the event yesterday from the brand manager is that, in the month of September, Ford will be having a session where they will be reviewing all of the color / trim options as well as a FAQ portion to answer a lot of the questions being asked about the Bronco. I specifically asked about white top / white fender flare / fender color-coded options, First Edition interior options, decibel levels when driving the vehicle and many other things. He said most, if not ALL of those questions will be addressed during the session. This is a SEPARATE session not associated with the build and price tool. He was taking notes on all of the questions we were asking and was going to add them to the FAQ portion of the event.
This was great news. He said they are reading the forum, listening to customer feedback and are going to try and answer a lot of our questions during this session.
That's awesome! I'm going to add your comment to the first post for easy reference. Thank you!
Sponsored