Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Aman you should have given him a lesson about measuring.
LOL, I was just lucky that the Ford rep was distracted with actual reporters and he didn't catch me! :LOL:
Sponsored

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great info, thanks so much! Oddly, I am loving the bolt on fender aspect. I think that opens up a lot of options and will make repairs so much easier.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I don’t need no stinking badges.
Really, if that was my concern, it must be close to perfect. To me, a vehicle is a tool. It either meets my needs or it doesn’t.
Give me a viable, reliable platform to modify to my specific needs. That’s all I want and I do believe the Bronco delivers that in spades.

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I HAVE to recognize this beautiful Baja Bronco with a Stroppe sticker still on it. There were dozens of gorgeous specimens there, but this one laid me low. I walked up to the driver and, after wiping my drool off his mirror, asked if he wouldn't mind if I took a photo so I could steal the stripe design for my 2021 Bronco. And that was a serious comment. Gonna steal that decal design from the rear panel, too.

IMG_2988.jpg
Shame you can‘t steal the color!

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So who do we listen to? The brand manager or Mike, the communications manager, who clarified "by September includes September"?

Take all the time to get it right, it'd just be helpful to have some clearer expectations. :coffee:
A lot of moving Parts to the production of a New Product. A little grace would be nice. Right now everything regarding the production and delivery of the all new Bronco is a Best guess, an educated guess, past experience guess. Bottom line it's Ford's best guesstimate. This whole process is going to be clear as mud until the whole team evolved in the production have finalized all details of testing, engineering, various production processes and many more operations.

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of moving Parts to the production of a New Product. A little grace would be nice. Right now everything regarding the production and delivery of the all new Bronco is a Best guess, an educated guess, past experience guess. Bottom line it's Ford's best guesstimate. This whole process is going to be clear as mud until the whole team evolved in the production have finalized all details of testing, engineering, various production processes and many more operations.
We should have a Bronco6G pact: Relax and enjoy this great gift of a Bronco. Don’t sweat about the timing. Enjoy the anticipation.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read the Q&A which was posted on "that other Bronco forum." You know, the one that is funded and run by Ford and serves as an extension of its public relations department, a department many of us have come to deeply respect and revere. ?

The Q&A is not the in-person one they are having today. I hope we get clarification from that one later. That's supposed to be event attendees asking Ford reps questions.

A number of the questions received answers that are significantly different than what I was told yesterday by the Ford rep stationed at the Bronco. I am not an expert on the Bronco by aaaaaaany stretch of imagination. I am just here to compare some of what they said with what I saw and was told by the only guy I talked to. He is a Ford employee and a self-described lifetime lover of 4-wheeling, not someone who works for a third-party marketing company who got flown in from SoCal for a day-ish of training. He was the same guy irv0735 talked to on Day One.

Basically, I call shenanigans on the following fluffy crap in the Q&A:

1. Does the Warn Winch interfere with the Trail Cam? They said no.

My reaction: The guy I talked to did not specifically say yes, but he did say Ford recognized our concerns and is looking into different locations for the camera for when a winch and/or bull bar are installed. Say, like Badlands, the trim many of the hardcore off-roaders plan to buy or, at least, build toward. If what the rep told me is true, I think Ford is pretty much admitting the trail cam location in between the grille lettering is problematic at best. When I was there, the trail cam was not installed but the hole for it in the grille was very evident. In my opinion, and I stood there for possibly 15 minutes lining it up visually in my head, there is NO WAY the full field of vision of the camera -- whose primary purpose is to display the ground in front of the vehicle on a trail -- is not impacted by a solid object of that depth and width mounted just below it on the bumper.

2. Is the interior quality on the Bronco at Super Cel W representative of production? They said yes.

My reaction: The guy I talked to said specifically that while they were trying to show something as representative as possible, what is shown on the vehicle in all the photos posted from the event is not officially blessed by Ford as the final interior. It might be eventually, but isn't yet. I am going to pick on their use of "representative of production" and say that's a classic bull$h!t phrase used to make them sound reliable but give them wiggle room for when someone catches them a year from now and says, "Hey, turd bait! Remember when you told me..."

12. Is there a removable rear hatch over second row seating in the 2-door modular Shadow Black painted top? If so, can it be removed with the Trail Rig rack installed? They said the painted front panels can be removed with the rack on but the back panel cannot.

My reaction: I don't disagree with the painted part, and I am fairly confident this is not an issue that is limited only to the painted panels. How they posed and answered this question inserted that confusion into the issue, IMO. But as far as being removable with the rack on, I was told that all three panels on the 2-door can be removed with the rack still on. Carefully, but they can. I think this may be a YMMV scenario for owners, unless Ford decides they need to create a way to actively prevent people from removing the large rear panel when a rack is above it. I can see them doing something like that to keep themselves from getting the "Hey, a$$h0!e!" treatment later when people start scratching the crap outta the paint on their body color-painted roof panels and demand expensive repainting.

13. Are there any packages that would include cooled/ventilated seats? They asked about "cooled/ventilated" and Ford answered "heated seats will be available started on the mid-level equipment packages."

My reaction: UM. WTF?!? You didn't answer the question, dude. Answer the danged question.

They gave a CRAP answer, IMO. How about honesty instead: "NO, WE DON'T HAVE VENTILATED SEATS." AFAIK, no one in the business of building cars identifies ventilated seats as being the same as heated seats. Can we call the perforated leather seats "passive ventilation" as well?

<rant>
The last point could be a cheap shot, I'll admit. And it's still funny to me that this other web site's initials are the same as the phrase "brown nose," so maybe I'm a fourth-grader at heart and should not be taken seriously.

But if anyone ever is in doubt about the intentions of that site vs. this one, I am essentially calling out their craptastic crap right here. I know a lot of folks here already know this and don't trust the other site without thoroughly filtering the content. I find it potentially informative, but not much more valuable than that as they seem very light on "news" and heavy on features, IMO. But not everyone can afford as much time reading, digesting, posting and contributing to the content here, and those folks are still trying to mold an informed decision on whether to buy this pricey vehicle. IMO, they don't need fluffy PR half-truths polluting their decision.

Yeah, people here can be overly critical sometimes. Their passion for perfection overfloweth. But SURE. AS. SH!T. I would rather read a site full of passionate critics than PR-puking robots.
</rant>

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question: How do you connect to the Aux switches? under the hood ( firewall?/fuse box?) or under the dash?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question: How do you connect to the Aux switches? under the hood ( firewall?/fuse box?) or under the dash?
One of the reps stated a while back that the aux fuse box is in the engine bay.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you guys are wanting badges like these on my wife’s grand cherokee. Anyone have a cnc machine lol.

C11D28F3-558A-4A1F-BB33-B5430C6390FB.jpeg

C91EAAFC-F5EF-4D8B-9AAD-B00EF0394FE8.jpeg

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reps stated a while back that the aux fuse box is in the engine bay.
The rep I spoke with yesterday in Colorado said the same thing, but said he could not open the bay because of the limb risers, unfortunately. The wiring from the pod lights ran into a small tunnel in a gasket at the bottom of the windshield, IIRC, almost like they designed a space just for wiring there. I assume it entered the bay somehow from that tunnel. The rep was unsure about that as well.

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don’t need no stinking badges.
Really, if that was my concern, it must be close to perfect. To me, a vehicle is a tool. It either meets my needs or it doesn’t.
Give me a viable, reliable platform to modify to my specific needs. That’s all I want and I do believe the Bronco delivers that in spades.
I get it, you plan on modding it and don’t really care about how it looks. As someone who just ants it to go camping and carrying my bikes and gear to trailheads as the most Taxing thing I use it for, along with it being My daily driver, aesthetics on a luxury priced vehicle (which clearly the badlands/outer banks/wild track are) matter to me. The sticker looks cheap, it looks like an afterthought. If the Badlands level means so little, why brand the trim level at all? Just call it a bronco with xxx options on it.

Sounds like you guys are wanting badges like these on my wife’s grand cherokee. Anyone have a cnc machine lol.

C11D28F3-558A-4A1F-BB33-B5430C6390FB.jpeg

C91EAAFC-F5EF-4D8B-9AAD-B00EF0394FE8.jpeg
Exactly! I think Jeep goes a little overboard on some trim levels. I Took a peek, Toyota, Land Rover, Mercedes all have something similar on their SUVs.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, finally someone that understands!

It's possible stitching combos could change depending on color and/or cloth/leather.

I don't think we've seen one yet, unfortunately.

I'm sure more things to complain about will come up lol

That'd be an interesting/"easy" after the fact way to do it - sounds similar to how they offer an extra camera to put onto trailers on the Super Duties that hooks up to the factory interior screen.

Well, plenty of people pay extra to get the massive RAPTOR sticker on the side of the bed of their Raptor.

Would I like a sticker? Not necessarily. Is it the end of the world? No.
So since you are thinking about purchasing the wild track you wouldn’t mind if they put the same crappy badge on the side or if they didn’t put any type of decals So since you are thinking about purchasing the wild track you wouldn’t mind if they put the same crappy badge on the side or if they didn’t put any type of decals distinguishing it right? It’s the quality and principle of it.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offense taken - but as a reply - if the bronco was only offered in a base model with only two color options and no Sasquatch package- would you still buy one?
What color is it and how is the badge?
Sponsored