Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isn’t this a ford thing though. Stickers over badges, like the FX4 on the F150
Porsche does stickers on their 250K 911 GT3RS. They use this as a selling point. Reason being less weight. Granted that is a mute point on a Bronco.
Sponsored

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, don’t know why, but I’m not impressed. I’m dumping 50-55K on a vehicle, I’m expecting more than a $5 sticker on the quarter panel.

I don’t think it is an either or scenario. I don’t do a ton of off roading, so I’m sure it will be more than capable. So yeah, my two biggest concerns after seeing this vehicle is the cheap sticker and the cheap backs on the rear seats.

100% this. I view this as something akin to the “Trail Rated” badge on a wrangler.
Exactly. Higher trim, higher capabilities should have standout badges. Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition should get something. I get people take off the emblems but if that was the case they should’ve not made so many trim levels. They could’ve made just the base and build your own from the ground up.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So who do we listen to? The brand manager or Mike, the communications manager, who clarified "by September includes September"?

Take all the time to get it right, it'd just be helpful to have some clearer expectations. :coffee:
Levine was asked about a billion times if "by September" meant before September 1st or before the end of September and he didn't answer until it actually was September. I don't think he actually knows, he was just giving a best guess.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering if some of you just wouldn't be happier looking elsewhere. It's not a bad thing. My wife would not like the Bronco. She'd rather have a Mercedes or Porsche SUV. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ford designed this Bronco to be one of the most capable off road vehicles factory made. That's it's primary purpose. It's not designed to be an interstate cruiser that looks great in your driveway, even though it can. It's also not priced out of the SUV market. I keep hearing luxury prices and wonder how many of you have been on a car lot lately. Ford and Chevy both make several $50K+ SUVs that would never be described as luxury.

I'm glad Ford designed this vehicle for off road first and didn't just do what everyone else does. It's amazing to read how many people here want this brand new designed vehicle to be just like the one they already own.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Levine was asked about a billion times if "by September" meant before September 1st or before the end of September and he didn't answer until it actually was September. I don't think he actually knows, he was just giving a best guess.
I think the dead horse would be here by now, but I'm sure he's busy somewhere else. :cautious:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the sticker standpoint to me it is a non issue. Sure I would like a more substantial badge or a sticker that is encased in clear plastic or epoxy but just the sticker is fine with me. Compared to the Jeep even the rubicon is a sticker, so is the Willy's (lower tier sport model IIRC), and sport is also a sticker.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bingo! You seem to have common sense! (y)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the dead horse would be here by now, but I'm sure he's busy somewhere else. :cautious:
Dude, that horse has been killed, beaten, buried, dug up and beaten again 100 times. Pieces of that horse are scattered everywhere. :ROFLMAO:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this info and ya’ll worried about stickers. There will be badges online available within a damn week of launch.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course the capabilities of the vehicle is the most of thing. But quality details should be expected for a vehicle the manufacturer is putting so much effort and hopes in for high sales numbers. Ford came up with the multiple trim levels concept for a reason. Ford should do right by that decision, by making quality trim level badges / emblems. You don't see stickers on the fenders of F-150 trucks. My 94 Bronco doesn't have stickers on it's fenders. My 2012 Mustang GT came with metal 5.0 fender emblems / badges. Most vehicles come with some type of metal emblem / badge. The new Broncos seem to have a metal bucking horse emblem on the tailgate. The Ford Blue Oval emblem isn't a sticker. I believe it's a very cheap move on the part of the Manufacturer to put stickers / decals on a vehicle. I know it's common, and has been done on Iconic vehicles in the past. The hideous screaming chicken decals on Trans Am's, (sorry if I offend some of you) Judge GTO's, Road Runners, etc. It's not a huge deal. I just think Ford should embrace their new Bronco trim level consept with quality trim level badges / emblems.
Ford came up with the trim level concept? Really, last I saw virtually every car on the market had different trim levels.

Also they all mark them with stick on badges, of various thickness.

I couldn't care less because every vehicle I've owned in the last 20 years gets debadged as soon as it comes home. A stick on badge just makes it easily removable.

Seems like some of you guys want a status symbol. Maybe you should look at a Discovery instead.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is I just me or do the rock sliders not stick out far enough?

I’m sure these are still very useful. But if they just came out another inch it would be much more useful protecting the body. I had rock sliders on my xterra and they saved major body damage multiple times.

I’m sure this will be quickly fixed in the after market.
then someone with a wild track or outer banks can buy these from me. ?

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is I just me or do the rock sliders not stick out far enough?

I’m sure these are still very useful. But if they just came out another inch it would be much more useful protecting the body. I had rock sliders on my xterra and they saved major body damage multiple times.

I’m sure this will be quickly fixed in the after market.
then someone with a wild track or outer banks can buy these from me. ?
Wife said the exact same thing. Her rock rails on her GC trailhawk stick out further because she also mentioned, which was news to me that she uses them as a step to get in and out at times if on an incline. Ive had her trailhawk drop down onto and rest on a boulder and absolutely zero damage besides some scratches underneath.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
  • 1 pedal driving mode will work in both 4Hi and 4Low settings.
  • You can lock the front diff without locking the rear diff (not true on stock Wrangler). So for rock crawling in the automatic, he will lock the front and turn on the trail turn assist for the rear. This way, it does not drag the rear tires as much as having both lockers on.
  • As for trail turn assist, he said there are a lot of precautions in place and axle torque calculations to prevent you from accidentally doing damage. He seemed to really like the feature (which surprised him). These preventative measures that are in place will prevent you from using it on dry pavement or dry slick rock settings. Said it will work in low traction environments. (sorry to everyone that was planning to use it in parking lots. haha)

Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco
Also, per @RMGCO :
One key thing I learned at the event yesterday from the brand manager is that, in the month of September, Ford will be having a session where they will be reviewing all of the color / trim options as well as a FAQ portion to answer a lot of the questions being asked about the Bronco. I specifically asked about white top / white fender flare / fender color-coded options, First Edition interior options, decibel levels when driving the vehicle and many other things. He said most, if not ALL of those questions will be addressed during the session. This is a SEPARATE session not associated with the build and price tool. He was taking notes on all of the questions we were asking and was going to at them to the FAQ portion of the event.
This was great news. He said they are reading the forum, listening to customer feedback and are going to try and answer a lot of our questions during this session.
(Thank you for the added information!)

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) xribd77h10vxe3t5pbu613l911b1bvyrg9a5hv6b&rid=giphy

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) xribd77h10vxe3t5pbu613l911b1bvyrg9a5hv6b&rid=giphy

Rock Slider attachments:

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

Fender flare connections:

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

Thank you for the information. Great stuff captured here.
I was at the event on Friday. Most of the questions that members were asking prior to event I believe have been covered already. However I’ll be honest I haven’t read all 35 plus pages here so forgive me if I’m covering something that was previously posted or covered.
When I got there Friday morning they had the Bronco out in the field taking professional photos of it. I went up to watch as there was not many people around. The vehicle was running. After they were finished someone jumped in and drove it back under the tent that you see in the pictures. I recall someone asking a few weeks ago about the emergency brake on the MT. I can confirm what I saw and heard. The driver pushed the clutch in and pushed a button on the left side of the steering wheel. You could hear the emergency brake release. So Im assuming it’s electronic brake.
Also I recall someone asking how the roof rack attaches in the front. Here is a close up picture. Seems to have slots around the glass and frame.
I can say this vehicle in person was very impressive. Before I came I was 4 door all the way however the2 door was Bringing out the vintage Gen 1 bronco in me that made me fall in love with the Bronco to start with as a kid. I’m now not sure what I want to do. Lol.

5D868BF5-D287-440B-86E5-4CC9BAC0A8DA.jpeg
Sponsored