Sndmn

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have concerns of quality control in a newly released bronco given the issues ford has had with the newly redesigned explorer.

Ford took their number one product and with a brand new billion dollar production line turned it into product that has appeared near last in all head to head matchups. Going as far as shipping the vehicle to a different plant for fixes before hitting the dealer. Does this concern anyone about the quality of a brand new product such as the bronco. Like everyone else I’m very excited about the bronco but not excited about taking it to the dealer every month for another recall.
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I'm not concerned at all. Ford definitely learned a lesson with the Explorer rollout. And with as long as they're taking with the Bronco and coming right off the heels of the Explorer I'm thinking they're gonna give us the best product they can.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What do you work for Jeep, worried?? First post on something like this smells of a troll.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bro made a brand new account just to troll about QC. >.<

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've posted it here elsewhere, but my 2012 Focus Titanium, 2013 Explorer Limited, and 2015 Mustang GT all had mechanical failures and electronic issues in the first 50,000 miles. Compared to my 2003 Cobra Mustang, 2002 GT Mustang, and 2010 F150, which all had zero issues in the same time frame. My F150 is at 122,000 with no issues other than a leaky third brake light due to seal failure. Ford has gone downhill in my opinion.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happens every year during the change over.

sales dipped for the wrangler in17 then spiked in 18

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've posted it here elsewhere, but my 2012 Focus Titanium, 2013 Explorer Limited, and 2015 Mustang GT all had mechanical failures and electronic issues in the first 50,000 miles. Compared to my 2003 Cobra Mustang, 2002 GT Mustang, and 2010 F150, which all had zero issues in the same time frame. My F150 is at 122,000 with no issues other than a leaky third brake light due to seal failure. Ford has gone downhill in my opinion.
Ford from 2012-2016 is crap. Transmissions are junk. Computer issues. And more. But since 2016 they seam to be getting their stuff together

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford from 2012-2016 is crap. Transmissions are junk. Computer issues. And more. But since 2016 they seam to be getting their stuff together
I hope so. I still will not buy anything GM, and fiat-chrysler is fiat-chrysler.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope so. I still will not buy anything GM, and fiat-chrysler is fiat-chrysler.
the transmissions that we’re in those vehicles are no longer made by that company.

The engines with those electrical issues have been re worked completely.

fiat Chrysler is junk all around. Bad brakes. Bad transmissions. Engines ain’t half bad any more. (Since they only make 3 really)

OP
OP

Sndmn

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford CEO must be a troll I suppose.
“he blamed the drop primarily on the flubbed launch of the new Ford Explorer SUV at its factory in Chicago. New Explorers came off the assembly line with multiple problems and had to be shipped to a Detroit-area factory for repairs.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...lorer-launch-putting-ceo-back-on-the-hot-seat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...mk5ejrpgjv6ws5yszxa-story.html?outputType=amp

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-explorer-problems-puts-massive-pressure-on-ford-ceo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...xplorer-launch-puts-pressure-on-ford-ceo/amp/

I don’t think it’s unreasanable to wonder about quality of a new product off a new line when a seasoned product off a new line had this level of problems. That’s all. i have a 69 bronco and an 18 explorer and I like them but that doesn’t mean I lay 60 grand down no questioned asked and asking questions doesnt make someone a jeep troll. But if you do happen to be a ford fan boy I have a 78 pinto I’m looking to sell.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more concerned about the integrity of the offered warranty.
Whenever any brand produces a turd, they clamp down on what they will cover under warranty and try to scrub the rest off on their customer.
I can't see how that pays off in the long run, but I guess since they ALL do it, it's just a matter of a rotating customer base.
Corporate ethics suck.
Sucks that paying 40K+ for a vehicle and you could still be in a "buyer beware" situation.
Worst part is having a great dealer, but their hands get tied by Mother Ford on what they can cover and what they cannot.

Going through the automotive classifieds today, I saw 2 newer diesel Super Dutys , each with around 125k miles, that had to have brand new Ford motors installed.
How'd you like to be one of those guys ? $20k motor that lasts 100K...... it's like we're in 1978 again. After 5 years and/or 100k, it may be junk .... or it may run another 300k...... roll them dice! LOL

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly think that reliability problems for almost all vehicles are overblown. I've driven 100k+ miles, all on high mileage used vehicles, and I've had one check engine light. (For an evap line) Ford, Mazda, jeep. Modern vehicles are so damn reliable compared to their older counterparts it's crazy. IMO if something goes wrong, it will go wrong fairly early and warranty will cover it just fine.
Sponsored

Last edited: