Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Aviator, 2015 Ford 250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco for 3 weeks now and after 850 miles I have several issue’s;

1st. the cowl has got caught on the hood and pulled out of its position making impossible to open the hood.

2nd. The shifting of the automatic transmission is very hard both forward & down shifting.

3rd. The alignment of the hood with respect to the front fenders is horrible. It is about 1/8 of a inch lower than the fender.

I would expect better quality control issues from Ford see attached pictures

Ford Bronco Quality Problems 2F32FD76-DD2C-433D-88FA-66B1D99A18DE

Ford Bronco Quality Problems 64D8080E-CB26-4837-8DC1-EE628BFC1CBF
Sponsored

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had my Bronco for 3 weeks now and after 850 miles I have several issue’s;

1st. the cowl has got caught on the hood and pulled out of its position making impossible to open the hood.

2nd. The shifting of the automatic transmission is very hard both forward & down shifting.

3rd. The alignment of the hood with respect to the front fenders is horrible. It is about 1/8 of a inch lower than the fender.

I would expect better quality control issues from Ford see attached pictures
That hood and cowl issue is a mess. I hope you get it resolved. Looks like only the plastic was damaged and not the hood which hopefully is an easier fix.

No issues for me on the shifting, and that hood and fender alignment next to the tie downs has been mentioned before. I think we all have it. Some suspected that it was by design. I agree with you that it would look better matched up.

BTW, your rig looks beautiful!

OP
OP
BSchaffer

BSchaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That hood and cowl issue is a mess. I hope you get it resolved. Looks like only the plastic was damaged and not the hood which hopefully is an easier fix.

No issues for me on the shifting, and that hood and fender alignment next to the tie downs has been mentioned before. I think we all have it. Some suspected that it was by design. I agree with you that it would look better matched up.

BTW, your rig looks beautiful!
Thanks!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m also bothered by the hood being lower than fenders but it’s like that on every Bronco I’ve seen.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hood bolts loose?

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My turbo went bad 5 miles from the dealership on the way home after purchase. We are in a loaner car for an indefinite amount of time.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems like all the manufacturers have some level of quality issues caused by either labor experience or material supplies/quality or vendor fulfillment, etc. It's something all manufacturers are trying to address in the current markets and improvements definitely need to be made.

I imagine Ford would fix the cowl fitment under Warranty.

As noted above, the hood fender differential is discussed in a thread or two. Some adjusted it to their liking by tweaking the hood bump stops. Others indicate it's by design. 🤷‍♂️

On the transmission shifting...I read either in this forum or somewhere else that with these new very computer controlled transmissions that have so many modes, odd shifting patterns are sometimes resolved by disconnecting power at the battery for a period of time (15-30 minutes???) to reset the control module. No idea if there is any merit to the idea but might be worth a try. Otherwise, sounds like something to have the service department check on when they fix the cowl.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like all the manufacturers have some level of quality issues caused by either labor experience or material supplies/quality or vendor fulfillment, etc. It's something all manufacturers are trying to address in the current markets and improvements definitely need to be made.

I imagine Ford would fix the cowl fitment under Warranty.

As noted above, the hood fender differential is discussed in a thread or two. Some adjusted it to their liking by tweaking the hood bump stops. Others indicate it's by design. 🤷‍♂️

On the transmission shifting...I read either in this forum or somewhere else that with these new very computer controlled transmissions that have so many modes, odd shifting patterns are sometimes resolved by disconnecting power at the battery for a period of time (15-30 minutes???) to reset the control module. No idea if there is any merit to the idea but might be worth a try. Otherwise, sounds like something to have the service department check on when they fix the cowl.
Ford have had a "learning" transmission computer for years now. A prime example is harsh shifting in my wife explorer. It's so used to the driving style of my wife, that when I drive it nice and easy, it gets confused lol

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey so I am sorry to hear about your issues with the hood. I had the same issue with the transmission shifting, the dealership did a reset and it fixed the problem, call your dealership they can make it right

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford have had a "learning" transmission computer for years now. A prime example is harsh shifting in my wife explorer. It's so used to the driving style of my wife, that when I drive it nice and easy, it gets confused lol
That’s what the 2 keys are for. Each one recalls how that key is driven. Going from a heavy pedal driver to a light pedal or vice versa causes bucks and other shift issues. Resetting the battery will let them retrain. I got a fast key and normal key for my burban. Depends what mood I’m in. Shift points are totally different between the 2. First thing that should be done with any new vehicle is a reset on the battery.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My cowl didn't hit the hood thankfully, but it was warped from the factory and would not stay snapped in tightly. They had a new one ready in about a week. Hope you get sorted, love that red color!

OP
OP
BSchaffer

BSchaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My turbo went bad 5 miles from the dealership on the way home after purchase. We are in a loaner car for an indefinite amount of time.
Man I feel lucky compared to you! I sure FMC will make everything good, one thing to remember is to make the experience as convenient for you as you can…
Sponsored