Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking . . . with all these auto shows and events being canceled in the near future, why doesn’t Ford just do an online debut?

It will get a lot of attention as most people don’t have a lot to do right now. Everyone’s online more then ever right now.
Shit, do a Netflix reveal or like a special reveal for each streaming platform. It would get so much attention.

Maybe don’t do it right now as news is pretty dire and things are still intense but once things start to settle and the curve starts to go down and we’re still in lock down it could be a great opportunity to get a lot of people’s attention. Plus it would have major buzz and give people something to be excited about and look forward to. What better desire for Americans then for an American made off-road Bronco that symbolizes freedom and the outdoors that we’ve been kept from. With good marketing even people that wouldn’t be into something like a Bronco before this might get really interested now being pent up inside all day.

Seems like a winning idea to me anyway. I guess we’ll still wait and see.
Sponsored

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know why Ford hasn't gone this route. ChrispyKC have you heard anything about a reveal?

Reactions: BE_

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I said I don’t think this would do it justice. I expect something similar to what they did for the JL wrangler, here is Doug Demuro’s video on that. I expect him (and others) to have similar videos right after the Bronco reveal.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As in other posts Fords focus on providing medical equipment is #1. F150 is the money maker, makes sense to move it to the top following the medical supplies.
We aren’t even at the peak of this Coronavirus shit let alone the unemployment rate and who knows what the economy is going to look like after the summer rolling right into election season.

Maybe we will see something around Labor Day. If the affects aren’t to drastic.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like I said I don’t think this would do it justice. I expect something similar to what they did for the JL wrangler, here is Doug Demuro’s video on that. I expect him (and others) to have similar videos right after the Bronco reveal.

That video got over 5 million views. Ford should let Doug introduce the Bronco.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking . . . with all these auto shows and events being canceled in the near future, why doesn’t Ford just do an online debut?

It will get a lot of attention as most people don’t have a lot to do right now. Everyone’s online more then ever right now.
Shit, do a Netflix reveal or like a special reveal for each streaming platform. It would get so much attention.

Maybe don’t do it right now as news is pretty dire and things are still intense but once things start to settle and the curve starts to go down and we’re still in lock down it could be a great opportunity to get a lot of people’s attention. Plus it would have major buzz and give people something to be excited about and look forward to. What better desire for Americans then for an American made off-road Bronco that symbolizes freedom and the outdoors that we’ve been kept from. With good marketing even people that wouldn’t be into something like a Bronco before this might get really interested now being pent up inside all day.

Seems like a winning idea to me anyway. I guess we’ll still wait and see.
ford has a BUNCH of stuff coming. New F150 transit bronco and bronco sport.
Yes it would be AWESOME for them to do an online only reveal.

couple of problems.
1 most of upper management is built trying to keep the company afloat and make PPE.

2 this wouldn’t allow in depth in person journalist analysis (which needs to happen either way) to help boost hype and give a better detailed up close view.

3 we still don’t know when production is going to take place and when they will be able to start shipping Broncos. You don’t want to reveal something too early to where the hype will die Before you can review or buy it.

4 ford wants the big crowd to build that hype train. They want the Hundreds of phones in the air when the bronco is revealed. They want people cheering and going nuts.

5 we still have no idea when we Would be able to see it in person. It sounds like Fords original plan was to have multiple broncos at smaller individual gatherings like concerts and small car shows and what not in order to allow as many people as possible to see it in person. Rather than just a major auto shows.

As much as I would love for Ford to reveal all their vehicles and now online. I still would like to know when I will be able to see it in person, when journalists will be able to get up close and personal and give detailed analysis. Not just some top engineer talking about the heritage of the bronco and how cool this thing is.

Last edited:

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saabkyle would be a great person for a YouTube reveal. Not sure if he's still doing videos, but he used to cover everything without Doug's goofiness.

Savagegeese and thestraightpipes would be good ones too. For example... This style of review would be great

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saabkyle would be a great person for a YouTube reveal. Not sure if he's still doing videos, but he used to cover everything without Doug's goofiness.

Savagegeese and thestraightpipes would be good ones too. For example... This style of review would be great
Savagegeess absolutely hates Ford. I’ll be interested to watch his review

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
My problem with a lot of the YouTube car review guys is they simply don't understand 4x4 much. To often I hear complaints that the truck or SUV doesn't handle like a sporty car and they almost never take them off the pavement. Doug demuro uses the same grading categories on a Wrangler that he would a Ferrari.
That's one thing I appreciate about the TFL guys. They do towing tested, take 4x4s up the trails and into moab and things like that.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As in other posts Fords focus on providing medical equipment is #1. F150 is the money maker, makes sense to move it to the top following the medical supplies.
We aren’t even at the peak of this Coronavirus shit let alone the unemployment rate and who knows what the economy is going to look like after the summer rolling right into election season.

Much of the employment rate is temporary ..you will be shocked at how fast the economy rebounds if and only if they get the economy back going by May 1st

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much of the employment rate is temporary ..you will be shocked at how fast the economy rebounds if and only if they get the economy back going by May 1st
Yep sooner the better.

No way May 1st tho. Economy will probably be worst come May 1st vs April 1st. Hopefully starting to trend up tho.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well yeah of course and I’m not asking them to stop doing that to do this. However, if the Bronco is ready to go and can make a debut then it’s not a bad idea to show it now.

Who knows what’s going to happen and how long or how much this is going to effect everything but I don’t think it would take too much to make a debut video. At least a better teaser
Sponsored