redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

……………….. I don’t think there are going to be 2021 Broncos on these trails anytime soon ...........

You would if it comes with a solid front axle and 37's ;)
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I 100% agree that his reviews are horrible but I’m curious to see if he will manage to hate the Bronco. He didn’t like the Jeep JL that much either, but he has liked some Ford products in the past. (Lincoln and F-150 especially)
His reviews seem more opinion and not showing much in facts and stats.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only YouTube car reviewers I can watch with regularity is TheStraightPipes. But I'm not looking to them for technical information...More of the entertainment value on a topic I enjoy. The WindingRoad folks do first-person drives with very little, if any, talking. When it's a vehicle I'm interested in but haven't driven, that's incredibly relevant and I love them for it. Their audio quality is top-notch to boot.

I get my technical information gland exercised by going to forums and finding people that care about that platform and discuss it until it devolves into pineapple on pizza. I'm down for both conversations.

Not to throw shade at any of them really though...The TFL guys, Matt Moran, et al, are grinding the hell away week after week churning out content. I may not like to watch them much...But damned if they aren't out there doing it, and doing it better than I could.
Some I think do a good job are Raiti's Rides, Alex On Autos, Car Confections, Matt Maran, Redline Reviews, although he can be kinda nit picky, Driven and Sam Haymart.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rode along with a buddy for some rock crawling. I don’t think there are going to be 2021 Broncos on these trails anytime soon but I’ll definitely use mine to tow a buggy to them ?

FB17AF56-EF90-489D-806D-76ECEE7F11F7.jpeg

43428F66-A0A0-4023-81A8-471E18871D45.jpeg

8B800A68-3CCE-4BCA-967F-A52F21AFC654.jpeg

31828B24-5F14-4469-B088-A7836EC7B1CC.jpeg
Man if I ever get that sideways in my Bronco I'm going to need new britches ?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would if it comes with a solid front axle and 37's ;)
These trails would be pretty much impossible without winching even with that... all of those rigs are running 40’s with stretched wheelbases and we had a lot of sliding over rocks and on the sides. Not stuff people are going to want to do in any brand new vehicle lol. There are definitely some JK’s on these trails nowadays but tbh most people that are super serious about crawling like this are starting to build buggies. Even my friend with the turquoise Jeep bought 600 feet of tubing in anticipation of a shut down at his job so he can build a buggy and swap all his Jeep parts over to it. There’s just HUGE advantages to an all custom build (mostly weight to be honest) which is why my Bronco will be a light off roader/cruiser/tow rig.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
These trails would be pretty much impossible without winching even with that... all of those rigs are running 40’s with stretched wheelbases and we had a lot of sliding over rocks and on the sides. Not stuff people are going to want to do in any brand new vehicle lol. There are definitely some JK’s on these trails nowadays but tbh most people that are super serious about crawling like this are starting to build buggies. Even my friend with the turquoise Jeep bought 600 feet of tubing in anticipation of a shut down at his job so he can build a buggy and swap all his Jeep parts over to it. There’s just HUGE advantages to an all custom build (mostly weight to be honest) which is why my Bronco will be a light off roader/cruiser/tow rig.
In the Suzuki samurai world, lots of guys have rigs where the only "samurai" part left is a section of the hood...

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In the Suzuki samurai world, lots of guys have rigs where the only "samurai" part left is a section of the hood...
I'm tempted to buy a little samurai for woods/fishing trail duty. That is if I can find one that's not rusted out in Ny.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funnily enough I was actually thinking about picking up a samurai as a starter buggy lol! Only problem is my JK couldn’t tow it so it’s gonna have to wait :(

D186D7EF-5CCD-4FE3-94CA-FAB4546AB00B.jpeg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did realize those rigs are built for what they are doing and it is obvious that one looks like a buggy.
But most have started life as a new vehicle and then built from there, not built from scratch. To be truthful with you I was in the process of starting my shopping list to take the next step with my TJ, long arm, stretched ,37's maybe 40's, just to take on the trails and have fun not be some competition rock crawler rig, when I caught wind of bronco6g. All those plans went on hold because …………. depending on how much of that kind of combo we see in the new Bronco (2021 to be more specific) I will just put those efforts to making the Bronco more capable. ?

That's what has me so intrigued with the Bronco …...… what will we see ??? How much can we lift it ???? If it comes with 37's and SFA easy to modify for 40's . Hell even stretch it if you want, but I don't think that will be needed. If it comes with 37's and IFS still not bad on lifting it, just how well the IFS we will see, will hold up to the use. We will find out because I will buy one and I will see how well Ford built it. If history is any clue it will be Built Ford Tough. :) We will see how good it is stock, then modified a little, then a lot.

As far as the buggy thing for the money it is the smartest choice because you don't have the initial purchase of the vehicle and then the build. but instead you can "build" the vehicle's chassis and body the way you want it, most will "bob" the front and rear so it keeps the tires "out" and the body panels "in", if you catch my meaning.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did realize those rigs are built for what they are doing and it is obvious that one looks like a buggy.
But most have started life as a new vehicle and then built from there, not built from scratch. To be truthful with you I was in the process of starting my shopping list to take the next step with my TJ, long arm, stretched ,37's maybe 40's, just to take on the trails and have fun not be some competition rock crawler rig, when I caught wind of bronco6g. All those plans went on hold because …………. depending on how much of that kind of combo we see in the new Bronco (2021 to be more specific) I will just put those efforts to making the Bronco more capable. ?

That's what has me so intrigued with the Bronco …...… what will we see ??? How much can we lift it ???? If it comes with 37's and SFA easy to modify for 40's . Hell even stretch it if you want, but I don't think that will be needed. If it comes with 37's and IFS still not bad on lifting it, just how well the IFS we will see, will hold up to the use. We will find out because I will buy one and I will see how well Ford built it. If history is any clue it will be Built Ford Tough. :) We will see how good it is stock, then modified a little, then a lot.

As far as the buggy thing for the money it is the smartest choice because you don't have the initial purchase of the vehicle and then the build. but instead you can "build" the vehicle's chassis and body the way you want it, most will "bob" the front and rear so it keeps the tires "out" and the body panels "in", if you catch my meaning.
Oh definitely, most for sure start as an actual vehicle but get turned into a buggy. So much easier that way which is why my buddy is removing the whole drivetrain/axles/fuel cell/etc from his Jeep and putting it into the buggy. As far as I’m concerned even if the Bronco doesn’t come with a SFA option it will be plenty capable for most people, especially with 37’s. But even if it doesn’t I’m sure there will be SFA swap kits available a few months after launch if you really want it.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

…………………………….. As far as I’m concerned even if the Bronco doesn’t come with a SFA option it will be plenty capable for most people, especially with 37’s. But even if it doesn’t I’m sure there will be SFA swap kits available a few months after launch if you really want it.
I agree 100 % I was quite surprised to see 35's (we've seen) stock to be honest, let alone the rumor of 37's is quite impressive. I am very anxious to see it what comes out, might not even have to SFA swap it. ;)

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen a couple Donut Media videos and couldn't get through the first minute or two. Maybe I need to try more or something because a lot of people seem to like that guy.
He's nice but donut is terrible for anything related to reviewing cars they can talk a lot and have epic b roll shots but past that it tells a viewer nothing about what it's actually like to drive and liveability

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree 100 % I was quite surprised to see 35's (we've seen) stock to be honest, let alone the rumor of 37's is quite impressive. I am very anxious to see it what comes out, might not even have to SFA swap it. ;)
Are 35" tires confirmed for the new Bronco? Or was it determined via some attempt to measure the spy photos? I'm still surprised the Bronco would come with tires that large from the factory.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are 35" tires confirmed for the new Bronco? Or was it determined via some attempt to measure the spy photos? I'm still surprised the Bronco would come with tires that large from the factory.
The mule tires are 315/70r/17 which is a 35” for all intensive porpoises

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base